Saturday, February 8, 2020

A little bit of this. And that.



Trifle bowl + Dollar Tree = 
a nod to American Heart Month + Valentines



Tom's visit with the cardiologist on Monday went really, really well. Woot!  I can't get over how nice everyone is.

We'd arrived early, so settled in, expecting a wait. Then, one of the staffers came out to the waiting room to introduce herself and apologize for the delay.  She asked if anyone would like her to bring them bottled water, juice and/or crackers. (Like being on a plane, only more courteous! *smile*)

In recent years my son's had many appointments at the B'ham. V.A. And well, because he raves about an adjacent restaurant, we made plans to lunch at The Fish Market.  Tom ordered a Greek salad and fried shrimp, while I had Greek coleslaw loaded with Feta. Yum!

I never heard of angel hair cabbage!

Athenian grouper.  It's been 17 years since I had grouper (when we lived in Florida).




Thankfully, the storms held off until we were home. 
I don't have to tell y'all, this has been a weird weather week -- and they say it's not over.  Even our meteorologist said, "This feels like March 42nd."






Oh, and this happened:

... which later became this:
It took Tom a minute to realize I was wearing two pair of glasses!
When we get back from Tom's procedure I'm going to ask my eye doc to double-check the prescription.


Dumb question:
Can someone explain the difference between a (Facebook) post and a news story?  I keep getting notifications that so-and-so's added to their news story.  Then when I click on it, it disappears after 4-5 seconds.  Color me, scratching my head.

* * *

So, we're driving back to Birmingham tomorrow morning for Tom's procedure on Monday.  Because he's being all 'Pessimistic-Phil' (again), I've not told him: Pastor Janet PM'd me, asking if I'd mind if she came to the hospital and prayed with us before.  Talk about being touched!  From her home, that's a 2-hour (1-way) commute ... and we're not even members of the church!  That might need to change, don't you think?


Have yourselves a wonderful Sunday, won't you?
Be safe!

Hugs, Myra










21 comments:

  1. Still praying for Tom and you.

    Feta cheese is nice. I try my own recipe:
    Cut it in small squares. Place in blender. Add some cream and some olive oil, (best a few drops at a time so as not to drown it). Add a bit of dried mint leaves. Blend to a smooth cream. (not too wet - careful how much oil/cream you add).

    Sometimes instead of mint I add a few garlic cloves, or chilli powder to taste - not too hot. Enjoy.

    Wishing you both well. God bless always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OUCH, sorry 'bout dem EYES! Hope one trip to see the eye man does it. Hope all goes well in the B town. And YES that is nice of Pastor Janet, sweet. The best to both and prayers are said.
    Love you guys
    Sherry & jack

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers continue for you both. Yes to seeing the eye doctor!! And I think you may have found your new church!! Do keep us posted on all counts!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers are powerful and that pastor is thoughtful to offer. That might be the church for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers for both of you, that was really nice of pastor Janet. It's a three hour drive from Opp to Birmingham. I'll be back up the 26th and might give that meal a try.Take cate, Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure I'll be one of many people thinking of you and Tom on Monday - and saying a prayer. It's amazing that the Pastor will make a 2-hour one-way commute to be there. What a loving gesture.

    I haven't had Greek food since I lived in California and I miss it. I used to love a certain dish made with lamb.

    As for Facebook - I abandoned them many years ago. I could write a looong rant about my FB experience...

    ReplyDelete
  7. the greek food looked yummy. you and tom will be in my thoughts Monday. Saying prayers that all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think a Facebook news story disappears quicker than a post does. But I'm not 100% sure :)

    Your pastor is a gem for coming up that way to pray :) I wonder about church membership, LOL, having become members in a lot of churches. If we are grouped like that in heaven (doubt it) I'm not sure where we will be placed :)

    Praying for you both :)

    betty

    (and I'll tease you with this; we might be adding a new member to our household SO very soon :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Still praying for Tom and you.
    How long will you be there?
    I think that is just wonderful about your minister coming to pray.
    What would we do without God?
    After that get your glasses girl.
    Sandie♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. the food from the restaurant looks delish, and I could eat either one..or both, ha ha. the news story is just for a moment. I don't know why people use it. it is up for a news flash and gone, no record it was ever there. I don't use it or look at it. when it first appeared I checked it and it is says it stays for 24 hours, but once I saw something it was gone and I could not find it.
    Pastor Janet is a keeper... prayers for both of you going up from here. oh no on the doubled up glasses. for the first time in my life, I wore bi focals for 21 days, i never did get them to work for the computer. you will need computer glasses for that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Keeping you both in my prayers, Myra! And yes, what a wonderful, heartfelt gesture by your pastor, especially in light of the fact you are not yet full-fledged members. I think you may have found a church home! It so touched us when our pastor insisted on driving the five hours, one way, to St. Simon's for Danny's mother's graveside service last year. Gestures like that are never forgotten.
    Blessings, my friend, and yes, do get your eyes checked!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Keeping you both in prayer. I have no idea about the FB thing, I really dont pay attention to it, LOLOL.

    Girl, get those eyes checked and pronto. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  13. Praying all goes well with Tom’s procedure tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'll be praying for you and Tom.
    FB is always a learning experience.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, I think you truly have found a new church. With a pastor like that You can't go wrong. Continued prayers here for you both So glad at least they offer comfort and caring. It's in those stressful times they are so badly needed. Most hospitals are not known for their food How wonderful you have a place worth dining at. Not many boast about hospital food for sure. Love, hugs, and a prayer from me to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm happy Tom's visit went well. I never realized how much time we would spend in doctor's offices when we got older :(

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope Tom's procedure went well. You food looks yummy. News feeds do go away. I don't care for them at all. They do the same thing with Instagram. No one can copy the photos!! I just like the normal posts.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, Myra:
    I've had you on my prayer list for your eyes, and now will add Tom. I've been wearing bi-focals for years. I choose the progressive style. I use my glasses at the computer and a must for driving. It touched me too when our pastor for seniors offered to pray for me before my knee operations so I know how loved you feel. I'm glad to know others dislike the FB stories. I never read them but at my birthday several sent wishes there and I had a hard time reading them. You look terrific in glasses and I have to tell you, your hair color is a knockout. I'm wondering if I could go that light and look that good!
    With loving hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  19. That food looks really good! I love feta cheese pretty much on anything. Our local grocer sells angel hair cabbage and I buy it frequently!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Bitzarena.comis the site that provides latest and updated news about the world, technology, bitzarena.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Your comments mean the world to me!