Sunday, January 20, 2019

Currently? It's c-c-c-cold!




Hi! Happy Sunday!  I sure appreciate your kind words regarding our aches n' pains … but  I'm a little embarrassed having been caught bellyaching.  Going forward I'll try and keep a lid on it! :)




Currently?


Out My Window

I'm loving this!  (Tom not so much.)  Belatedly, I'm remembering all the grousing I did about the heat in Arizona.  'Never considered the ramifications of marrying someone whose favorite season is summer, when mine is winter!




Feeling
Stunned, sad … and grateful.
... for no fatalities during yesterday's tornado -- as well as my own "unanswered prayers."

Some of y'all may recall, only 13 months ago I was heartbroken when the duplex we'd agreed to purchase failed inspection.  Situated smack dab in the middle of Wetumpka's historic district, that's right where the storm hit!  Not sure if the house suffered any damage; everything's still blocked by law enforcement. 

First Presbyterian, before and after.
Only 10 miles down the road from us, I'm feeling pretty darn blessed we're right where we're meant to be.



Reading
Almost un-put-downable … a solid 4 stars!

… which of course, is so subjective.  Since I pay little attention to strangers' reviews I'm thinking Goodreads and I may have to part company. 

….. and Watching
Are there any other fans of Jeff Dunham out there?

OK, I'm weird.  But everything -- from SNL … to slapstick ... to what passes for humor at the box office these days -- leaves me c-c-c-cold.   (Vulgarity?  Forget-about-it!)
Then! We happened on this fellow's Netflix show the other evening.  My stomach hurt from laughing so hard!  (Depends worthy!)




Discovering
So Friday morning I was confessing to my hair dresser how sometimes I'll take a selfie to double check my hair and/or my make-up.
Not that we don't own mirrors (*smile*).  But I can look at my reflection and think I look just fine -- then I look at my picture and, "ugh!" … I want to run right back to the bathroom!

Maryann nodded and said, "I know. That's what we call 'negative eye.'"    News to me!



In The Kitchen
Does anyone else agree this sounds delish?
SAUSAGE EGG MUFFINS  

Ingredients: 
* 1/2 pound ground pork sausage
* 12 eggs, beaten
* 1/2 (4 ounce) can chopped green chili peppers, drained
* 1 small onion, chopped
* 1 teaspoon garlic powder
* salt and pepper to taste

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease 12 muffin cups.
2. Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine eggs, chilies, onion, garlic powder, salt pepper and sausage; mix well. Spoon 1/4 cup of sausage mixture into each prepared muffin cup.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until egg has set and a toothpick inserted into each 'muffin' comes out clean.






Looking forward
I think my gal-pal Debbie is coming to visit!
Tom's flying out to Arizona to visit his new great-grandson later this month, so she probably suspects I need supervising.  Whee-doggie!



A Bit o' Random
This is sooo me!



I hope this leaves you smiling -- like you do for me!
Have a great day … stay safe!


Hugs,
Myra






29 comments:

  1. Praise God you guys are okay and prayers for those who lost so much. Scary stuff. We love Jeff Dunham! Haven't seen him on TV in a few years! Will have to do a search. Those egg muffins look delicious! You and Debbie have fun!! Blog about it if you dare! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Terri! Tom found this show on Netflix, but I'm going to look out for other options. Doesn't it feel good to laugh?

      Delete
  2. glad to hear you're safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good fortune, whether divine or not. Also good because being that close to a twister, could cause some 'depends' problems.
    Yes the egg muffin thing sounds delicious, I love eggs every way I have met them cooked.

    Okay I had to smile about the order of a shopping list, I would like that if we stayed near enough to a grocery store to get familiar with it.
    As always, good stuff hug brother Tom for us, and yeah it is cool down this way also.
    Sherry & jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure! You're so funny, Jack! Ya, I'm even so OCD I separate the food stuffs (non-taxable) from sundry on the conveyer belt. (While Tom pretends he doesn't know me.)

      Delete
  4. A tornado in January? Is that normal?

    God had a plan in mind when He kept you out of that duplex.

    Keep warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think so either! I guess I've lots to learn about my adopted state!

      Delete
  5. You and Tom sound like my parents were. My Mom loved the winter cold and my father loved the heat. Ironically, Dad was always the first one to turn the air conditioner on full blast during a heat wave...

    I thought about you when I heard the news of the Alabama tornadoes. It truly seems to have been an intervention of God that you didn't get the duplex in Wetumpka. Those photos are so dramatic and eerie - especially the one with the rainbow.

    One of your readers was surprised that a tornado occurred in January.
    I lived in Springfield, Missouri and - trust me - the threat of tornadoes was present there all year long. One of the biggest happened in November - only a mile from where I lived (I don't remember the year).

    It's presently 14 degrees as I'm writing this - and I'm yearning for spring....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You win! As much as I claim to enjoy Winter, 14* sounds truly ghastly. Aside from flying, tornados are my biggest fear. Surprisingly, when the sirens all went off Saturday afternoon I was pretty calm - mostly curious.

      Delete
  6. Its probably going to take Tom a couple of years to get "used" to the cold. His blood was thinner from living in the warmth so long. I know last summer didn't seem as bad as the first summer we were down here and this year's winter seems colder than last year's even though it really isn't, so our blood is thinning out. Same thing happened when we moved from Montana to Southern California. 60 degrees felt warm to us when everyone was bundled up. A year later 60 degrees felt cold, LOL.

    God has you exactly where he wants you to be. Did think of you when I heard the news of the tornado in Alabama. Glad you and Tom and your son/family are okay. Scary things those tornadoes are.

    Yum on that recipe. I wonder how they hold up from day to day as I can't see us eating 6 of them each at a time (well I could see us eating 6 of them at a time but then we wouldn't be maintaining our weight LOL).

    Love Jeff Dunham's humor and routines!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes sense about getting used to differing weather. Just wish I'd thought to bring warmer clothes! You're right - God is so good, all the time.

      Delete
  7. Praying for your un-answered prayers. Be patient. God has plans for you.

    Thankfully you are safe from the storm. Here it is very cold but no snow yet. Like you, I wish we had good comedy on TV.

    Wishing you and your family well. God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ... about humour. The thing is, it tends to be very parochial. Each locality has it's own type of humour. For example, I could tell a joke in London and they would laugh out loud; but the same joke would not raise even a smile in New York. That's because they are too far away to hear it.

      You know what a laugh is don't you. It's a release mechanism that starts deep within one's diagram, that's near the stomach. It rises up the asparagus and comes out as a loud noise out of a hole in your head. From anywhere else and you're in trouble.

      British humour ... spelled with a U.

      God bless.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. You're so right! I've several friends who are really 'into' some British shows; unfortunately, I hate to admit -- aside from your posts - I don't share their enthusiasm. Thanks for bridging the great divide!

      Delete
  8. Tornado can be random which makes them even more frightening.
    I call this walking weather. We bundle up and it feels great.
    This muffins look delish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! It was 37* when I took did my walk in the park this morning … mother's Russian hat pulled over my ears and the Walkman cranked high!

      Delete
  9. Such alarming photos of the storm, but so grateful that no one was killed, and that you all are safe, though cold as we are here in Georgia. I'm in full agreement when it comes to comedy - it has to be clean! I'll look up Jeff Dunham, for sure. Also, you might want to try Dry Bar Comedy that I referred to in a recent post.
    Blessings, Mevely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I meant to say, it's a pity: Now that I'm retired and can stay up, today's batch of late-night hosts just make me so mad. How I MISS Johnny Carson. I'm be checking out Dry Bar Comedy.

      Delete
  10. from the bottom up. every Saturday of my life, I take the jot it down list of things we need and put it in order of where it is to make shopping easier.
    so glad you did not buy that duplex, yowsa. I love Jeff and that dummy. everytime we have seen him he makes us breathless with laughter. stand up comedians these days are to vulgar to listen to. I am so glad you told me about the negative eye thing. I can't tell you how many times I feel like I look darn good and a photo blows me away because I don't look that good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you can identify with the negative eye! And thank goodness for PicMonkey so I can repair a wonky eyebrow or airbrush too much blush!

      Delete
  11. Currently here in northern Ohio, we are to have a high today of 15 degrees and and a low of minus one. The wind chill is making it feel like a minus 12 here this morning. The heat has barely quite running. I am warm but it is very cold here. I've never heard of a tornado in January and thought they usually came in the Spring. I have to believe that it was no small coincidence that you didn't get that duplex. Things do happen for a reason. So very thankful you were not in harm's way. Having a friend come to visit is always a joy, although it means that Tom will be off on an adventure on his own. Thanks for the mention of a book to read. I just finished what I was reading and am ready to start a new book. Hope you have a wonderful week ahead with nothing to groan about !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pam! Groaning sure gets me no-where! I'll be really interested in knowing what you think about this book, should you decide to read it!

      Delete
  12. So thankful you escaped the tornado. It is very cold here today. 9* windchill. Bailey doesn't like going outside anymore than I do. And he won't go unless I go too! Grrrrr. I didn't think about winter when I got the little fellow. I love SNL but only the parts that make fun of Trump. Sorry, that was rude of me. But honest!! Richard and I were opposites. I loved the heat and he loved the cold. If he ever wants to go to the tropics, send him my way LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! If Tom keeps b****ing, I'm happy to send him to the tropics with you, Paula!

      Delete
  13. Jeff Dunham is pretty hilarious. Not into the cussing and yelling although there is a comedian Katt Williams and although his language is raw he is smart for a stoner and he knows exactly what is going on in our country. Gabriel Iglesias is usually very clean even though he did lose his biggest fan (his mom) who was always in his audience. My friend met him when he was in the Denver area and he is super cool. WHenever we have been in Vegas we'd have to sell our possessions to buy a ticket to any of these comedians. Its awful how ridiculous the ticket pricing is these days. I recently found a ticket stub from a concert at Red Rocks in the late 60's $10 and they were world class bands! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  14. All I do is bellyache. We are here to listen. So sorry about the tornado. Glad you are safe. That recipes sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing it. Yep, I can relate to writing my list according to the layout of the store. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Your comments mean the world to me!