Remember when ....
You hit your stride right about midnight? Naturally, one requires a serious dose of Comfort Food to keep on keepin' on!
So, I "borrowed" this shot of my 16-yo "grand" from her FB page. She and her BFF were celebrating their last all-nighter before heading back to school.
Me? I'm much too old to remember what midnight feels like - LOL! ...
but I sure haven't outgrown the urge for an occasional late-night binge. (Did I just say, occasional?)
More often than not, it's JIF extra-crunchy peanut butter ... served icy cold on a big soup spoon.
What's your guilty pleasure?
_______________
Please help yourself to more Simple Pleasures over at Dayle's place.
You'll be so glad to did!


My guilty, but simple pleasure lately has been root beer floats! I can't seem to help myself! LOL!
ReplyDelete~Jean
I spoon out peanut butter, too, but never tried it cold. Sounds intriguing.
ReplyDeleteMy guilty pleasure is a handful of ice cold chocolate chips. I keep them in a small tub in the frig door and sneak in there several times a day.
ReplyDeleteGreat simple pleasure post!
My kids would definitely go for the mashed potatoes. But I would opt for the peanut butter (all natural Jiffy of the creamy variety). Best wishes for a great day :) Tammy
ReplyDeleteice cream...definitely ice cream....
ReplyDeleteAhhh, a food post! You're making me hungry this morning. It's been years since I indulged in a spoonful of peanut butter. I think I'll have to remedy that soon!
ReplyDeleteI don't have a favorite midnight snack.
ReplyDeleteBasically, it'll be a leftover or whatever screams at me the loudest.
I well remember the late night college days! For me, it was a pack of ramen noodles.
Since I can't stay up till midnight I would really know what my guilty pleasure would be at that time of night, but any other time, probably a homebaked cookie, anything with chocolate. :)
ReplyDeleteI love peanut butter on a spoon - Skippy. I never thought about eating it cold - it would last longer.
ReplyDeletesandie
My late night guilty pleasure is some fantastic chocolate...just chocolate....like Doves...or morning, or noon!
ReplyDeleteOh yea...been know to indulge a dip or two of peanut butter. Glad to see there are so many of us doing it!
ReplyDelete