Hello friends,
Thank you, Joyce!
Let's do this!
What's something you recently forgot to do? Is your memory these days more like a sieve or an elephant?
Because I dread missing anything, I probably over-compensate.
The only thing I remember forgetting a few years ago was my cell phone. By the time I discovered it wasn't in my study bag it was too late to go home.
Silly, but I was so unnerved that something might happen the 2 miles between church and the house.
Hard to believe, I'm the same person who used to blithely travel about Texas with only a paper map in the glove box.
Share a trick/strategy you have to help you remember things you need to remember.
I'm a slave to the tickler file in my desk drawer!
If out and about, I'll send myself an e-mail.
What's your favorite Fall vegetable to cook with? Do you prefer your Fall veggies roasted, blended into a warm soup or fresh in a crisp autumn salad?
I am partial to butternut squash bisque, provided someone else makes it.
October 5 was National Do Something Nice Day. Did you? If so, tell us about it. Or maybe someone did something nice for you. If that's the case, please share.
It wasn't the 5th, but close. I was the recipient of an unusual act of kindness:
Tom needed something quick from Publix, but I elected to stay in the car. Unfortunately, just when I'd found a prime spot by the door, this big black Hummer came wheeling in, totally blocking my view. (Oh, vey!)
I wanted the driver to get out and go inside so I could move my Taos. Oh, no! This little old lady climbed down from the driver's seat and proceeded to direct me out ... like a crossing guard might!
Even with the rear camera, reverse gear isn't one of my strong suits, so I was appreciative ... and tickled, too!
Nathanial Hawthorne is credited with the quote, "I cannot endure to waste anything so precious as autumnal sunshine by staying in the house."
Do you tend to spend more time outside this time of year?
Oh yes! Having spent so long in the Arizona desert, the first time I spotted all the Fall foliage it brought happy tears to my eyes. Tom was like, "Why are you crying?" (lol)
Insert your own random thought here.
I think some of y'all are familiar with Victor's blogs -- Time for Reflections and the Christian Lounge.
It's not unusual this time of year to see Fall festivals featuring a corn maze ... which reminded me of something I posted back in 2009.
Long story short, Victor was recently kind enough to include it here.
I hope you'll enjoy 'Labyrinth or Maze?'
Thank you!
Hugs, Myra


Oh Myra, I love your story. Thanks for sharing it with us. I had never thought of the difference between a maze and a labyrinth before. I think I need to tie that string to my finger too.
ReplyDeleteAlso I like your Dad's directive to you each day ... Keep your wits about you. What good advice.
I'm with you on beauty and how it makes me feel. We really need to "stop and smell the roses" every day.
Have a wonderful day ...
Sue
Thank you so much!
DeleteThank you so much for mentioning The Christian Lounge, and for contributing your wonderful article "Labyrinth and Maze". We look forwards to more articles from you.
ReplyDeleteGod bless, my friend.
I'd like that!
DeleteI have not thought about a tickler file in years. I used one daily when I was a legal assistant. I thought it was genius. Maybe I should look at the idea again! Happy Hodge Podge day to you!
ReplyDeleteI still have the one I used at my last workplace ... only now its contents are nicer.
DeleteI enjoyed your article on the Christian Lounge, and it was very true. I hadn’t considered the difference until you mentioned it in your article.
ReplyDeleteI had to look up what a "tickler file" was because I couldn’t remember. Hahaha. Then I wondered if I ever actually knew it was called that in the first place. I’m pretty sure I was never taught the name. I like them, though, and I keep them on my side of the desk, just because.
Enjoyed your Hodgepodge, Myra
Thanks for the smiles, Debby!
DeleteI enjoyed your story and I guess I'd never thought a lot about the difference between the two. I liked the word picture and admit sometimes I need to retie the string. Thanks for messaging me about the forgotten Hodgepodge : )
ReplyDelete🤗
DeleteI tend to forget more than I remember now days. I am pretty sure adult ADD does not help that at all.
ReplyDeleteLoved your article!
Here's to grown-up ADD!
DeleteWell, this was full of good stuff, Myra. I did go and read your article about the labyrinth vs. the maze. Wow! I never thought about the differences before! I am not fond of doing either one, but did do a labyrinth walk at a Christian retreat, and there were Bible verses/prayers that accompanied different stations along the way. It was very moving. I like knowing that God is holding onto my thread as I venture into this life each day...and I hold onto the hem of His garment as well. Oh, the tickler file system...great idea. I have something very crudely similar on my desk...a folder where I put the bills that I need to pay, attached to the folder with a clothespin, and a date written on each bill that tells me when it's due. Thankfully we don't have that many bills anymore that I have to physically pay. I have some on auto-pay, like our house payment and car payment, so I never miss a payment. It works for me...most of the time. LOL. I have to remember to look at the file on time! LOL. Have a blessed and wonderful day!
ReplyDeleteWhat a moving experience that retreat must have been!
DeleteIt is 58 degrees here in Hoover this morning. It feels wonderful! We have a high of almost 90 though haha!
ReplyDeleteIt feels delicious right now!
DeleteI really did enjoy your article at The Christian Lounge, Myra. I've not been really good about contributing, especially as of late. So glad you are! Blessings!
ReplyDelete🤗
DeleteThat is a good idea about sending yourself an email to remind you about something! I had to Google what a tickler file was, I've not seen those for years!
ReplyDeleteMy family always uses texts, but I'm old school and still prefer e-mail.
DeleteIt sounds like we're organizational soul sisters :-)
ReplyDelete😊👌
DeleteOh my gosh, Myra! I haven't heard Tickler File in years!! I had one at work, but called it my SMA file! LOL! What a fun memory! That's a nice post you did for Victor's blog. I wasn't aware of the difference between a maze and a labyrinth either. Interesting. I enjoyed your Hodgepodge answers!!
ReplyDelete