* Matter(s) -noun: Affairs or situations under consideration, topics.
Yay, us!
As seen at a recent estate sale, these might well depict Tom's expression when on Saturday morning he heard me gleefully exclaim: "It's snowing!"
![]() |
| Seeing some of these objects d'art, it's a foregone conclusion (that) I don't have the taste to be wealthy. |
By Monday night, however, I was pretty well over hearing the HVAC cycling and faucets drip 24/7.
In other news!
Provided he doesn't change his mind,
Tom's finally scheduled for his hip replacement surgery next week in Georgia.
Tom's finally scheduled for his hip replacement surgery next week in Georgia.
Gracious, y'all. We came back from yesterday's pre-op meeting with a to-do list that, frankly, gives me a sick headache.
I don't remember college orientation being this cumbersome.
Thankfully, I've spoken to the vet and they're boarding Macie Ann in the 'hospital' section where the techs will make sure she's given her heart meds and monitored.
Honestly? I'm more scared terrified that she could pass while we're away.
Makes me smile
The girls freaked out when the Amazon man delivered this trolly, but calmed right down after a few laps around the house.
Dogs' entertainment notwithstanding, my back's more than a little delighted, not to have to muscle in cases of bottled water each week.
From the test kitchen
Do you ever get fixated on a certain food?
While Tom likes variety in his meals, I've been enjoying various ways to consume spinach.
I made another quiche -- then because the baby spinach was on sale, grabbed a second bag and examined what leftovers were lurking in the refrigerator.
Rotisserie chicken, Conecuh sausage, spinach, summer squash, yellow onion and dry roasted peanuts splashed with low-sodium chicken broth.
Well, I guess that's all I've got. Thank you for humoring my 'nothing' post ... and maybe, if you will, say a prayer for my peace of mind in the coming days!
Hugs, Myra







I'd feel the same way if I had to leave my elderly dog. We just received a doggy cart similar to yours, yesterday. Layers is not impressed!
ReplyDeleteI like spinach, too so that dish appeals to me. It's good that Tom's hip surgery is on the docket for next week. Once he gets through it all, his new hip with thank him. 🙏🙏
Praying for Tom's and your good health. You'r eboth frequently/always in our prayers.
ReplyDeleteI like spinach in a tomato sauce on spaghetti. With grated cheese on top. Or in a lasagne dish.
God bless always.
Prayers lifted for you and for Tom (and for your sweet pup)!! All will be well!! I use baby spinach in lots of things, including in the boiling pasta water. It adds a nice green pop to pasta and sure tastes good! Keep us posted, please, on all you have going on right now! xo
ReplyDeleteI feel for you. I couldn't get off work when my Daisy had to be put down and that was awful and I will feel guilty forever. Pups aside, I'll be lifting you and Tom in prayer.
ReplyDeleteMe 'n Popeye likes spinach too, but butter Pecan Ice cream has been my fixation. LOL Son brought us a spinach Pizza he made, of all things. haha . Praying all will go well with the hip. But tell him not to stand and wiggle while playing the sax though. (for at least a month) Take care ! love from the frozen south.
ReplyDeleteWhat hospital in GA is Tom having surgery at?
ReplyDeleteWe'll all say prayers that Tom and your two pups will be okay.
I am more like Tom - I enjoy a variety of foods myself.
Prayers for you all. Getting a new hip is scary!
ReplyDeleteFingers crossed that all goes well with the surgery and your fur babies
ReplyDeleteYou meal sounds great!
Dealing with health care issues is a mind numbing job and you are dealing with the VA health care which is even worse. Prayers for the surgery, for you to have strength to cope, and for precious Macie to be safe and healthy. No better place to leave her than in the care of her vet.
ReplyDeleteI would like to have a cart for the yard, to move things I can pick up but can't carry. I use bob's wheel chair for the bottles and cans and heavy stuff from porch to kitchen.
as for the art, If I had enough money to buy REAL art, it would not be either of these.
Praying for Tom, you and the pups, Myra! It seems that the older we get, the harder it is to roll with the punches. Yet, just as your January meme states, a month can begin to feel like a year. Stay safe, well and healthy!
ReplyDeleteI will definitely be praying for you all as you go though the surgery Keep well and try to stay warm
ReplyDeleteLove, ma
Everyone I've talked to that's had a joint replaced has NOT regretted their decision! Sending prayers and healing thoughts to both you and Tom.
ReplyDeleteprayers coming your way for Tom and his hip surgery, for you and for your fur babies. My youngest daughter (48) had to have hip replacement about 3 years ago and she recovered so very well. She said it's the best thing she has ever done. Hoping the same for Tom. How neat that the girls love their new ride and how awesome for you that they do. btw..spinach is well liked around here and I really like that it's good for us. Take care sweet Myra...many prayers coming your way.
ReplyDeleteYou my dear will be in my prayers for peace and a "skosh" splash of humor to get through the roughest days.
ReplyDelete(((hugs)))
Sue
Wow, hip replacement. I pray that all goes well for him. My husband is going for an x-ray on his hip which is giving him trouble. Sorry about the to do list. Keeping Macie Ann in my prayers. That trolly looks nice. I love sauteing spinach, then adding eggs to scramble with it.
ReplyDeleteHope all goes well with Tom's hip surgery; I had it a couple of years ago and at first thought I would never walk again. But I did . . . so tell Tom to hang on, it does get better. I also hope your sweet dogbabies do well while you're gone. Precious pets don't always understand what's happening. Your spinach concoction sounds so good to me, it's definitely something I would probably enjoy. btw, I love spinach. Have a great day.
ReplyDeleteI hope the surgery goes well. It's always scary even when you know a lot of surgery is pretty much routine anymore....easy to say when it is being done to someone else, right? I am sorry you have to worry about your pet being boarded. Bad enough to have to worry about surgery without an extra worry being added.
ReplyDeleteI get those food fixations all the time. lol. Right now I am on a broccoli salad with cranraisins, onion & sunflower seed kick. Next week it will be something else probably. lol
Have a wonderful weekend and thank for leaving me a comment on my blog today. xo Diana
Best wishes to Tom. I realize I had my hip surgery seven years ago. It seemed impossible at the time, but all went well and I was out and about fairly quickly. The hospital had everything so organized and I just followed along. Will keep you both in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteChecking on you all.... Hope everything is going okay. prayers!
ReplyDelete