Saturday, February 14, 2026

Currently ... from Coosada

 

From the front of my refrigerator:










Hey, there.  Did you think I'd forgotten y'all?"
Your well wishes and encouraging words on my last post meant so much!  Thank you!


Like the weather, Life's been a roller-coaster  ... but all 4 of us came out the other side of the mountain.*  Not necessarily smiling, but grateful.   Maybe I'd better start at the beginning.


Shortly after Bible study Monday morning, Macie had a setback.  With tears in our eyes, I made the call to our vet and we drove right over.  Amazing.  Doc said, "I don't think it's her time."  After a strong shot of lasex he was able to "bring her back" and has tweaked her meds.   Before leaving, he assured me the girls would be put in the 'hospital' section together when we went to Columbus for Tom's surgery.  Honestly y'all, I was a wreck.  


Anyway.  Tom's surgery was a success.   Instead of the traditional approach, this (young!) surgeon does an anterior approach that doesn't involve cutting the muscles.   Everyone there was wonderful ... almost like they'd stepped out of an episode of Stepford Wives.  Only with more sincerity.  

We got home late yesterday.  I'd great intentions to visit blogs, but I was totally spent.  While Tom's in significant pain, I understand that's normal.  Meanwhile, there's good drugs (*grin*).  



Is anyone (still) watching the Olympics?   I've only a meh-meh interest; but hearing about Lindsey Vonn's latest accident has saddened me.  Her father says, (it's a) "career-ending injury" ... which reminds me of a favorite old movie.   Has anyone seen *The Other Side of the Mountain?  True story.  Even tho' I've probably seen it a dozen times (no lie!), I paid the $3.99 rental and -- poised with a new box of Kleenex and glass of Cabernet -- sobbed my eyes out.   What makes it so special?   'Not sure I've ever seen a movie where the story line totally followed what happened in Real Life.   

Besides, somedays a Good Cry can be enormously therapeutic.  In the event you're curious, here's a trailer. 

(Not as schmaltzy as the one I first posted)







Okay then!
There's lots to talk about, but I need to do laundry and inventory the refrigerator and decide what's still edible while Tom's still immobile.

True dat!





Happy Valentine's Day!
Myra














  

32 comments:

  1. Happy Valentines Day to you and Tom! So glad the surgery went well went welll an now the recovery! hopefully it will be a quick one versus a slow one! Love, ma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy the surgery is done and over. Also happy for your fur baby.
    Now both of you can rest, heal, and be glad the worst is over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to hear that Tom's surgery went well and that Macie is still with you, Myra. I know both had to be scary! I've never seen that movie but when I watched the trailer, I could tell it is a tear-jerker. How eerie it is when real life imitates art as in the sad case of Lindsey Vonn. No, I'm not really following the Olympics.
    Blessings, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Martha. If you'd like I'll send you a PM with the movie's spoilers and you can decide if that's something you'd like to see.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad Macie is okay. How wonderful that the surgery went well. Hope the pain goes away soon. I watch all of the figure skating. I don't believe I've seen that movie. I do believe that same dates are wrong since years ago we never had freshness dates on things like canned goods.
    Happy Valentine's Day to you and Tom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point, Debbie. Now I wonder when expiration dates came to be a thing.

      Delete
  5. Happy Valentines Day to you and Tom too.
    I'm grateful for the answered prayers and Tom's successful surgery. Continued prayers for speedy healing and pain relief and especially for you my dear friend. Prayers for strength and patience, and that you will find rest and Perfect Peace deep down inside of you. Give those pups an extra hug from me too.
    (((hugs)))
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your prayers are so valued, Sue. His pain is a dragon.

      Delete
  6. I have been wondering where you were - I truly can say I missed you.
    Happy Valentine's day to both of you.
    I am glad the girls are good!!!!!!
    I am thrilled Tom made it through so well.
    I've watched a little of the Olympics.
    I also want to tell you we are studying a book you recommended for Bible Study by Rothchild. We just started it.
    Take it easy and rest. No worries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm curious -- which of Jennifer Rothschild's studies are you doing? Does it include the video?

      Delete
  7. So pleased all went well with Tom. Praise the Lord.

    Take it easy both of you and relax. Cabernet is good. Kleenex is OK in case you have pizza or spaghetti with the Cabernet. Just enjoy yourselves.

    Praying for you both. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad the surgery went well and hope the pain doesn't last too long. And what a relief about Macie. I'm praying for you all. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  9. I missed your earlier post, so I wasn't sure what kind of surgery Tom was having. He came home already? Amazing!! And your "girls" are doing okay now? Praise God for that too. I know you've had a rough week, and I am glad you are now seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and beyond. Praying Tom's recovery is good, and that the pain isn't too unbearable. Just remember, those pain meds are very constipating...sorry to mention that here, but it's one of those things they don't always warn you about. LOL. Praying all goes well in all departments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tom's sister gave him a big lecture about that very thing! 😊

      Delete
  10. True Dat! x Two... we married each other and Bob will eat anything in the fridge, no matter how long it has been in there, I eat NOTHING past a few days. He has no died from eating things, but neither have I. He doesn't believe in expiration dates on cans/boxes.
    That surgery sounds amazing, I pray he will heal much quicker that way.
    My late friend Loretta, forced/begged me into going with her to see The Other Side of the Mountain, and even though I told her I did not want to cry in public, I went. We came out of the theater almost sobbing. I said I am never going to see another movie that I know will make me cry. Along came the sequel, she begged I went, she said this one will not make you cry, its a good thing. We came out crying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only time I remember crying that hard was at the conclusion of American Sniper. Tom was considerate enough to sit with me until the theater had emptied so no-one would see the wreck I was. LOL.

      Delete
  11. Keeping in prayer, my friend. I have not seen that movie and will investigate it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Get a lot of rest. YES there are GOOD DRUGS. So Glad to hear the operation was successful. I would sure hate to go thru that operation (Knock on wood). Also glad Macie is good also. TAke care and love from over this way..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will! Naps are close to being my favorite thing.

      Delete
  13. I am late getting here, but am happy for the good report for Tom's surgery and that your pups are okay, too. I plan to clean out my fridge today. Ugh. Myra, I wish I was next door so I could run over and give you a big hug. Seriously. Love ya, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sending you a Big Hug in my mind right now! 🤗

      Delete
  14. So thankful Myra for answered prayers...This is great news on Tom. Thank you Lord for your touch on his life. Bless your heart ... What a roller coaster of a week you had. Happy to know that Macie is okay and that the girls were well taken care of. This is your week to get some rest for you and I hope you will do just that. Sending many prayers your way for not only Tom and the girls, but for you as well. Take care and just know you are being covered in prayer..

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was really worried about you. I suspected the worst, but things seem much brighter. Prayers for Tom, your precious fur babies....and of course for you. Big hugs! ❤️ Jon

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't thought about that movie in years! Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Your comments mean the world to me!