Sunday, August 13, 2023

While the weather outside is frightful ...

 

I'm --

Loving
..... what's turning into unplanned Thursday lunch dates with Tom.  It's darn hard to beat Longhorn's salmon -- twice we've done it now -- but I'm casting envious glances across the street at a new-to-us Mexican eatery.



Laughing
..... at what ridiculous things pop into my head.  Last week, for example. 
I began brushing Macie Ann and Jack Jones came out of my mouth:  "Hey, little girl!  Comb your hair, fix your make-up, soon he will open the door.  Don't send him off with your hair up in curlers, you may never see him no-more."

(Suppose right about now there are women screeching and pulling their hair out at the roots. Ha!)



Watching
..... Saturday Night Fever.  Never a fan of John Travolta, I do miss the ladies' pretty dresses and heels.  I wouldn't want a steady diet of disco, but sure enjoyed listening to the Bee Gee's soundtrack! 



Playing
..... With AI.  I'll never be in the same league as Sandra, but it's more fun than Etch-a-Sketch.
I went over to Bing Digital Creator and typed these words: Nighttime + old European cobblestone street + fog + lanterns.

This was AI's response:

"That sounds like a very atmospheric and mysterious scene.  I wonder what kind of story you have in mind for it.  Maybe it's a historical fiction set in medieval times, or a fantasy.  Maybe a horror thriller with a dark secret lurking in the shadows.

I'm going to try to generate some images based on your description.  It might take me a few seconds, so please. Be patient.  I hope you'll like what I come up with."

A few seconds later --


A dream date.  Does this look like a stroll you'd enjoy?




Planning
..... and finalizing my Christmas list.  Ever since childhood, I've been a (bit) obsessed with gift-giving -- poring over the Miles Kimball catalog, tallying my quarters.

I know.  Christmas is still 134 days away -- but it seems this year's calendar pages are spinning like our ceiling fan.  Already, the Dollar Tree's put out their Halloween and Thanksgiving merchandise.

Since June, I've been buying a little here and there.  I've deposited the rest in shopping carts, so come December there's little stress -- either in my head or on my bank account!

If you want to send me your "Wish List", I'll be sure old St. Nick gets word!

Y'all be good now! 



Hugs, Myra








  









25 comments:

  1. I have walked that same street LOL, but earlier in the day jostling with folks. Not sure I like it empty ;-) ===== I gotta try the Longhorn salmon, sounds great. We are eating out less and less lately.
    We are trying to relax in Florida heat, awaiting an outcome NEXT WEEK..

    Love from here,
    Sherry & jack

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW ... I'm astounded. You mean you have an AI that paints a picture with just 4 word inputs? How wonderful. I remember you mentioning the Fr Ignatius stories/locations. If I had the AI I would put 1950s, Northern England, small town houses, poverty.

    Anyway, for my Christmas Wish List I'd like prayers and more prayers please. Thanx.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely; I'm honored to pray for you Victor.
      There's many free AI apps out there. I'll e-mail you a link to the one I use, and what your prompt words generated.

      Delete
    2. Many thanx, Mevely, for your much needed prayers. I like the photos you sent and have responded to your e-mail.

      Praying for y'all. God bless always.

      Delete
  3. Your lunch is sounding good to me. Yes, that is a good soundtrack to Saturday Night Fever. I have no desire to try AI. It looks interesting but also like a scary path to walk on. Wow, working on your Christmas list already. I have a list that I print out with everyone's name on it. Then I start filling it in as I start buying them presents. The kids all get an amount and they can choose gifts or cash. Good for you finding things already. I already have two gifts for Gabby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, AI can be scary. I keep to the right side of the street and try to be very careful.

      Delete
  4. I am one of those early Christmas planners/buyers also so I get it!
    For my Christmas wish could you ask Santa for a little global common sense and curtesy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Honestly, it's just too hot here to think of Christmas. But add windows and doors please, LOL. Have a great week friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. only tunes, not words pop in my head, bob gets the entire song and sings them a lot. he mostly gets the songs from the 30's and 40's . he said the radio played if they were in the house his whole child hood. NOT a fan of Travolta for sure. I might have seen one or two that were passable.
    Now! about AI.. mine doesn't talk to me when I create illustrations. did you type the clue words in both places or just the creation part. why does your talk and mine doesn't. Now i have to get off the bed where i am propper after my nap and go to the big desk top to play and see why and what and if. I LOVE THE photo. I would not walk down it alone, I think Jack the Ripper is peering out one of the windows. it really is beautiful. well done M and Bing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My bad -- it didn't talk; rather the sentences just popped up on my screen. There are so many apps now, I'm confused. Please let me know again which one it is you use?

      Delete
  7. I actually picked out my Christmas card the other day. I haven't ordered them yet, but WOW it seems way to early but it is mid-August already!! I haven't been to Longhorn in months and months. My Thursday night group doesn't like going there for some reason. Good for you guys having your Thursday date!! Have a blessed week, Myra!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still on the fence about Christmas cards, but the enjoyment they bring really doesn't cost that much.

      Delete
  8. Those are spooky pictures! But at least they look cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm thinking there's a nice bowl of stew and glass of port waiting for me in a pub right around the bend.

      Delete
  9. Very interesting AI photos. I love them, but I think for me to walk those streets, I would need some sunshine. I get a little nervous outside after dark. Hope you have a really great day Myra!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the reminder that need to get started making the Christmas gifts for this year. I can't afford to buy something for every one so I paint something for each family to share. I was supposed to start a couple of months ago but have put it off. Now time is flying and I've no choice but to do int. We are still unusually cool here for August. Many days it stays in the 70's. Usually we'd be having some 90 degree days. We've had a lot of rain followed by cold fronts blowing in. It's really pleasant outside. Not to hot or too cold. We are so blessed to live where the heat doesn't get to us. Hope you get some relief soon. Your Thursdays out sound like fun Enjoy! love, ma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so creative! I hope you'll take a picture and share your newest project.

      Delete
  11. My "wish list" would be to have someone else do my shopping for me without me having to even think about it! I am the worst procrastinator and do NOT like to shop at all anymore. Lack of funds has a lot to do with it, but also I just can't figure out what to buy anymore. People have everything they need and want. I wish I could hire you to do it for me! LOL. That foggy cobblestone alley way looks a little spooky to me. Not sure I'd be too comfortable there. But it was a lovely description/idea. Sounds like the beginning of a good mystery. I loved John Travolta and Olivia Newton John in Grease. That was my all time favorite movie for him. I'm not even sure I ever watched Saturday Night Fever...maybe parts of it. I was too busy having babies with fevers and teething and such when it came out. LOL. I just checked, yep! 1977, the year my last baby was born! I had two others running around like little rascals, so I had little time for disco dancing. LOL. Your Thursday dates sound good. We have a new Longhorns being built in the next town over, so maybe when it's done we will have to go celebrate. I hope you have a wonderful rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as I could do it on-line, I'd love to shop on your behalf, Pam! But from what I've seen y'all have some of the cutest, most whimsical gift exchanges I've ever seen.

      Delete
  12. I don't think I'd enjoy strolling there, it looks much too spooky for me! Enjoyed visiting today♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Your comments mean the world to me!