Dear Bucky,
You may not boast 100+ gas pumps and 250 smiling employees ... but your customer service is unparalleled.
We handed you the keys to my aging Camry -- fully expecting an expensive transmission repair -- but no. After several hours diagnostics you called to say you couldn't find anything amiss. Not only that, but you wouldn't accept any $ for your time!
We handed you the keys to my aging Camry -- fully expecting an expensive transmission repair -- but no. After several hours diagnostics you called to say you couldn't find anything amiss. Not only that, but you wouldn't accept any $ for your time!
Dear Nike,
I don't make a habit of chasing brand names. Yet, when I spotted a brand-new pair in my size at an estate sale, I grabbed the box and hung on!
Unfortunately, on only the second wearing, just look!
I consulted Google, and guess what?
There's a lot more folks who've experienced the same problems.
Thank goodness I didn't pay retail, but in this case, you don't always get what you pay for!
Dear Millbrook Post Office,
I suspect it's against regulations -- but when I got home and realized I'd goofed on a mailing address, what did you do? You went back, found my parcel and allowed me to make the correction ... all with a big smile.
I love small-town America!
I love small-town America!
Dear loved ones,
When you texted me this photo, why it made my whole day year!
You've got mail!
You've got mail!
1952-1981
It was always a big deal when, as a child, my dad would let me check the mail. I can still feel the weight of that old key in my hand.
I don't recall getting much 'junk mail' -- but what a letdown when I'd peer inside to see it empty.
All these years I've incorporated Box #xxx in my records; even as part of an old e-mail address.
Silly, perhaps, but seeing it again warms my heart.
P.S.
Sorry for asking if you'd "gone over to the other side."
It gave you a good laugh knowing I'd mistaken the Atlanta Braves logo on your cap for the University of Alabama.
It gave you a good laugh knowing I'd mistaken the Atlanta Braves logo on your cap for the University of Alabama.
Oops!
Dear friends,
Thank you for visiting ... please, have a joy-full day!
Hugs, Myra




How nice and heart-warming it is when we get good service. I had my car booked for its annual maintenance service. On the day in question, I could not make it. I rang the garage. They sent two people to pick up the car and return it when the service was done.
ReplyDeleteSo annoying when one buys a good product that breaks or is faulty so quickly.
It's rare to get good service these days. Some shop assistants don't know the first thing about the products they are selling. For example, computers and technical gadgets.
God bless.
What a nice gesture on the part of that garage owner. Don't lose his number!
DeleteYou have a great day too Myra. In this house we do consider the crimson "A" to be the right side.
ReplyDelete😆
DeleteI hope your day is wonderful Myra. I enjoyed these letters so much!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Annie!
DeleteI love your letters, and as I read these I was thinking why don't I have anyone to write letters about. upon pondering, i have decided its because I only see Bob, I have not been in a post office in about 10 years, or a car repair, never had a keyed mail box.
ReplyDeleteso unless someone comes to me under my rock i live under there will be not dear whomever letters from me. you do it so well it makes me want to write letters to people.
Dear Myra, I love you...and your letters.
You could always write a fan letter to your Amazon driver?!
DeleteLove you right back!
Please dont worry, thinks that Life is Life, with differents circumstances and surpresive troubles in a few moments. Be optimista for Future. The shoes its a pity, launch It to the rubish, at second.use yes, and buy ones news, not expensive. It is not guarantee you can see. And have a nice August full of health, LOVE, and good moments for you.
ReplyDeleteThank you!
DeleteDear Myra, thank you for this lovely letter. I feel like I've been visiting with an old friend...and well, maybe we haven't known each other all that long, but I still feel like we're old friends...and not just because we are the same age! We lived through the same era, fads, comedies, tragedies, and new inventions. We never had a post office box, however, but if someone sent me a picture of my parents' old mailbox, I know I'd cry. (my sister did one day, and I did cry!) I hope you are enjoying a lovely Friday. Love, Pam
ReplyDeleteAw, thank you for telling me about the mailbox. That means a lot, knowing I'm not the only one.
DeleteI really enjoyed your letters - I had no idea Bucky's had a place to work on cars.
ReplyDeleteNo, I don't think they do. This is a different company (Bucky's) v. Buckees.
DeleteMy car repair place has similar standards. Now that we've moved it's no longer the closest facility, but will always be the one I go to.
ReplyDeleteNice! I wish more businesses valued customer loyalty.
DeleteI received some great service yesterday and sent an email to the supervisor. He wrote back thanking me and said he would pass the compliment on. Yes, hurray for thoughtful people!
ReplyDeleteThat was so nice of you!
DeleteI love your Friday Letters! May I copy you over on my blog? Of course, my letters may not be as nice as yours because of these frustrating times! LoL
ReplyDeleteOf course ... copy away! I've been doing this off and on for several years -- and, believe me, mine aren't always so nice.
DeleteNice to know you had good service at Buc-ee's!! Wishing you a blessed weekend ahead!! xo
ReplyDeleteThanks, Terri ... you, too!
Deletegrinning...those folks at Buc-ees are the "bees' knees" grinning. And...umm...ROLL TIDE. lol
ReplyDelete😄
DeleteSo glad your car didn't require any work at all and that they didn't charge you for looking into it. That is good service for sure. Good service at your post office too! Glad they took the time to find your parcel and let you change the address. You are very blessed ! Love, ma
ReplyDeleteIndeed! Have a wonderful rest of your week, Ma!
DeleteWay to go Bucky! Oh wow, sorry about the shoes. That was so nice of the post office. That is a sweet memory of the mail box with your day. Hope your weekend is going well.
ReplyDelete🤗
DeleteI love it when you write these letters. I think you should compile all of them and have a book printed!
ReplyDeleteYou're so sweet ... thank you, Lisa!
DeleteDear Myra, loved your letters, sincerely, Mary♥
ReplyDelete💌
Delete