Why, yes. They did!
Last time we chatted, Tom's friend was 'thinking about' visiting - which set in motion putting a bit of lipstick on the pig and several trips to the grocers.
In a rare mood to shop, Tom suggested we revisit a favorite 'pickers' emporium. Honestly, not having seen anything of interest in the way of area rugs, I'd put it out of mind.
... but look what Tom discovered.
Finding something to replace the sunroom table and chairs we'd given my son and DIL? Prices being what they are, I stuck an old Samsonite card table out there and called it good. That was then ..
.. and tho' I'm not over the moon with this coffee corner set, Tom loves it. (That's what counts, right ladies?)
We hadn't counted on these weighing about as much as a small truck -- but the price was right. The table, 4 chairs and area rug all came home unblemished, for less than $300. Woot!
Now, about our houseguests ....
While we expected them to arrive Saturday afternoon/eve, D phoned from Meridian to say they were going directly to the RV park and would catch up with us in the morning. "What? We didn't even know Millbrook has such a park!" (Happy I didn't bake a cake, lol.)
Having only met D's wife once, I was a little nervous -- but L turned out to be a delight. Their rescue dog was such a hoot, we laughed and laughed. And laughed some more.
I'm kicking myself for not getting a picture. Imagine, if you will, a 90-ish pound blend of Shar Pei/Ridgeback/Doberman who just wanted to be loved. 'Sweet Pea' was so mellow ... unlike our two brats. (Yes, that's exactly what our terrible twosome were.)
We decided to lunch for a little Southern flair in Wetumpka, and later just sat around and visited. Late afternoon, after "thanks for a great time!" they returned to the RV park and fire flies. (Being natives of Oregon, that was a novelty!) They're on to Arkansas this morning, having a blast.
Not at all what we were expecting, but sure enjoyable. I'm thinking I shouldn't have so many expectations and just lighten up.
Now I need to empty the ice chest and see what, in the way of foodstuffs I can freeze.
... so are the days of our lives!
How was your weekend?
Hugs, Myra





I love the motto you live by and also the cute table and chairs just right for the two of you. Glad your company were such nice people. They at least let you know ahead of time they wouldn't be there that evening. And nice their dog was so good too, That's the kind if guests every one wants!
ReplyDeleteLove you, ma!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much! xo
DeleteI like your new furniture. The glass table and chairs are elegant.
ReplyDeleteSo glad your visit went well; including the visit of a big dog. Was it friendly with your dogs?
That last quote on the plate is so true. I have one that says, "A day without laughter is a day wasted!"
God bless.
That's a good one! Sweet Pea was truly friendly and never raised her voice -- a real shame our girls were terrified and growled at her. Kids!
Deletei wish i could meet or see the dog, no photo? what happened. maybe she will text you one. now i want to see the rescue. i would have fretted myself into a snit and lost several nights sleep, the what ifs are already in my head and they were visiting you not me. glad you found the rug/table'chairs and now that is done. the good thing about visitors is we spiffy what would not be spiffy. i even do it when my son and his wife come.. bob says who cares what it looks like, it's jus daniel. you know my opinion on that so will not add to it. the rug is perfect, the table is cute. did they bring the dog to your house? i would like to travel in an RV but not with bob.
ReplyDeleteI'm going to ask Tom to ask them to text a picture! She reminded me a little of that cartoon dog Marmaduke!
DeleteExcuse any typos - I hate writing on cell phones
ReplyDeleteIt's so good to see you here, Jon. Still praying for your complete recovery!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad it went so well. I would love to have seen that big dog. 😊
ReplyDeletePS I love the sentiment on the plate. One of the questions I ask myself often is, "What is one thing you can do right now to make yourself happier?" Unfortunately the answer is very seldom "housework."😊
DeleteHahaha! Unfortunately, most of the time mine is "eat"!
DeleteGood read, glad to hear the visit by friends was GOOD. I had the same ? that Victor did. Glad to hear there was no great nasty exchange.
ReplyDeleteLove the way every thing looks. You and Ton did good.
Love from Florida squeezing out a smile. :LOL
Sherry & jack
Me, too! Just in case, when we went to eat, Sweet Pea had the run of the house -- and our girls were put in time-out (bedroom).
DeleteWhat a fun story! I LOVE the patio set! It's beautiful, and too nice to put outside! LOL. Love the area rug too. I keep looking for one to put in our living room since we did the new floors. Hubby likes to lay on the floor to watch tv, and the hard floor has to be awful. He puts a blanket on the floor and calls it good. But I would like an area rug...just can't figure out exactly what kind. I'll know it when I see it. Anyway, it sounds like you ended up having a wonderful viist. Going to Wetumpka must have been fun! And you didn't have to do a lot of cooking, etc. I like that kind of company! LOL. Now relax and enjoy the new stuff!
ReplyDeleteThanks! Actually, it's inside -- the sun room (add-on). Still too hot to sit out there, but it will be nice in Winter.
DeleteWe/I looked everywhere for the area rug for months. You're absolutely right - you'll know it when you see it!
My weekend is well documented in my post today. Your recap is a fun read, Myra. Glad the visitors had a good time! Good find on the rug and yes, it is great when the misters like something enough to make a purchase. Yep... ask me about the wall hanging in the guest room some day!! Hugs!!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to hear "the REST of the story"!
DeleteIt happens every time, doesn't it? You prepare and then your plan just gets thrown in the garbage! LoL I have company coming at the end of the month but it is my brother in law and I'm going to let my husband do that. I've never met this brother, in the 27 years we've been married. I'm to old to worry about first impressions!
ReplyDeleteLove the rug and furniture, and you're right. If hubby likes it then by all means, keep it...at least for 6 months, I think would be a proper amount of time! Then do what you want with it! LoL
Grace & Peace,
Pam
Great advice ... thanks!
DeleteGood to hear the visit was so enjoyable and that L was a delight. The dogs made me laugh, I know my two would have been brats also, jealousy is a barking offense. lol Great finds for only $300, WoW!
ReplyDeleteThey're so spoiled, but we love them anyway.
DeleteWhat a perfectly wonderful visit. I love the rug and the table and chairs. And yes, I agree if the hubby loves it, it's a very good thing. Have a wonderful day, Myra.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great weekend, Myra! We were on the road Sunday/Monday heading home from seeing the grands for a week. I'll be blogging about it shortly once I recover from our trip - lol!
ReplyDeleteI sure missed you and all my blogging friends, but will catch up when I can.
Blessings!
P. S. Love the new furniture!
You were missed, Martha! I'm looking forward to hearing all about your time away!
DeleteYour name was mentioned by two different bloggers that I follow so I popped over for a visit. Sounds like you had a nice weekend.
ReplyDeleteI like that rug and the price you paid for everything was awesome.
Thanks, Ann! So glad you stopped by; please come again!
DeleteWay to go on your finds. Love that sign about the receipt. It sounds like you had a lovely time with them even though it was different than you had planned.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Debby!
Delete