Sunday, August 27, 2023

Sunday evening

 


G'evening folks!


What's new?

This is me.  That's all.



I'm fixin' to begin ....

"Vacuuming in the Nude"
(Nooooo, silly -- not me!)

The author is Mike Rowe's 84 y/o mom, Peggy.


I love her sense of humor! Suppose she'll become the next Erma Bombeck?  Jeanne Robertson, even.

Check out this clip and decide for yourself!





Building ...

Taco rolls

That's softened cream cheese, blended with a pack of taco seasoning and (drained) Rotel.

Spread mixture across a large tortilla (I bought the low-carb Spinach) ... sprinkle with Fiesta cheese ... roll, cut and refrigerate.  Easy peasy!




Looking forward ...

To Bible study tomorrow ... collecting what nuggets/truths I hear, both on the video and from friends' mouths.

For instance?

"I feel like y'all are my 'second chance family'."

"Be contagiously kind."

... and my personal favorite --

"I'm a woman of generous years."
(I am so stealing that one!)




Okay, then!
This generous-years-old gal is going to say 'ciao for now!'

Have a good night's sleep and a great Monday!



Hugs, Myra














 










 

26 comments:

  1. Yes, I remember the story about doing household chores in the nude. I wrote about it some time ago:

    https://timeforreflections.blogspot.com/2019/03/this-makes-less-sense.html

    If cleaning in the nude people should make sure the curtains are drawn, and remember to cover up when the doorbell rings.

    I really like those taco rolls.

    Please share what you have learnt in the Bible class tomorrow.

    God bless always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember that post! 😆
      No Bible study today. Following their Walk to Emmaus, a few of the husbands learned they shared Covid. (Here we go again, sigh.)

      Delete
  2. The taco rolls are intriguing, but in my culinary innocence, I had to Google Rotel. Sounds delicious to me.
    I wouldn't trust myself doing any manual labor in the nude....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? Check out Sandra's comment, below. I'd be mortified!

      Delete
  3. Mike Rowe has a good relationship with his parents, makes me kind of jealous, LOL. Anyway, taco rolls sound good my friend. Have a great Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Due to being a woman of generous years, I will not be able to remember these quotes longer than it takes to type this comment. 😛 I have not heard of Peggy, but I do have a vac in the nude story. My dad lived alone and did vac in the nude. the vac hose pulled loose, he got the tube of krazy glue, to glue it back and glued finger and thumb to the hose. could not put on clothes so he could call for help so used a KNIFE to cut through it and cut his finger. 🤣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's hysterical. No doubt, the first responders were laughing for days!

      Delete
  5. My mother kept the house so warm that she would strip to her underwear to vacuum the house. She wouldn't turn down the heat, and sweated a lot so she thought this was the best way to go. I never keep my house that warm, it's too expensive to heat the house like that. So I'm able to keep my clothes on here. No problem even in the heat of summer. We've had more cool days this August than we've had hot ones. I don't vacuum often, but it does need it right now. Your taco roll sounds delicious! Hope you enjoy the week ahead too. Love, ma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How interesting about your mother keeping the house warm! As I grow older, I'm finding it really hard to deal with the heat. At least when it's cold I can throw on another blanket.

      Delete
  6. I've gotta get that book to read and I need to make those taco rolls. They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't they? We still have leftovers in the fridge, so I won't make them for another day or so.

      Delete
  7. Yes, Mike Rowe's mom is a hoot! I can see where he gets his personality from, Myra. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have not read her but have seen her a few times in Mike Rowe's videos and really do enjoy her sense of humor.
    I'm going to be making those taco rolls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for not adding Anne in the kitchen. Blogger and posting ability is really messing with me right now

      Delete
    2. I need to start watch more Mike -- and less network!

      Delete
  9. Taco rolls sounds so good!! I may have to try that. Vacuuming in the nude? Hmmm...that could be interesting! Be sure all the curtains are shut tight!! But what if someone sneaks up on you because you can't hear them because of the vacuum????? I think that's risky business. LOL. Have a great week. We'll be dodging the hurricane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jus' kidding, my friend! Remember Marilyn Monroe being found in her birthday suit? That's one of my silly big fears.

      Delete
  10. I love Mike Rowe and his mom, Peggy. She is the next Erma for sure. Thank you for the recipe. I like easy, too, and am always looking for something like this for potlucks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Mary. It's GOOD to see you!

      Delete
  11. I listened to Peggy Rowe's About My Mother: True Stores of a Horse-Crazy Daughter and Her Baseball-Obsessed Mother, and enjoyed it. Her mother was a remarkable woman.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's something about Peggy. Those taco rolls sound delicious. Hope your Bible study went well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. erma Bombeck was my favorite and I think I still have all of her books. She helped me through the younger years of our kids.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Your comments mean the world to me!