... it must be time to Hodgepodge! Thank you, Joyce!
What motivates you to work hard?
Oh my word, y'all! How about, last week when Tom's friend called from Arizona to say they were taking a little road trip and might be coming our way for a few days.
Can you say Speed Clean?
... and about that word 'might'! So far, we've had no word. Tom's (aka, Mr. Mello) is totally fine with it. Me -- an uber Planner -- not so much. We shall see!
It's been said "Ignorance is bliss" ... is it?
My first instinct was a resounding "No!"
Then I remembered a song lyric that pierced my heart:
Would you rather be stuck in a broken elevator or a broken ski lift? Explain. Have you ever actually been stuck on either?
Thankfully, I've never been stuck in/on either -- but I'll say the ski lift. You can't beat the scenery, plus the cell phone reception should be better than in a steel box.
Of the common fears listed here, what's your #1?
Heights - enclosed spaces - snakes - public speaking - the dark - flying.
Snakes. I can't even bear to see them on television.
What's something you like about the town or city where you live?
The people!
I'm remembering an earlier post, shortly after we moved here from Big City Arizona:
I'm remembering an earlier post, shortly after we moved here from Big City Arizona:
Oh man, I love our little town's Post Office! I needed to bring something inside to weigh last week and overheard:
"Hey there, Miz *****. How's your grandma doing?"
Another, discussing folks who'd recently lost a loved one:
"All's we can do is love them through it."
And my personal favorite:
When I asked the clerk, "How are you today?" she replied,
"I can't complain sugar. There's only one of you and I prefer a larger audience."
Life is too short to --
I recently did a post on that very subject!
(If you'd like you can read my list here.)
(If you'd like you can read my list here.)
For no particular reason (*wink*) let's go with "beat myself up about a gained pound."
Insert your own random thought here --
Thanks for visiting, and perhaps, playing along!
Now, before I lose all motivation, there's a weed whacker sitting with my name on it.
Hugs, Myra



That meme resonates with me lol. Especially when it comes to my closet, my frig, or my pantry. I get everything out then run out of steam. But the mess is motivating so I get on with it.
ReplyDeleteI hear that!
DeleteHaha, your random thought meme is ME!! And I'm also motivated by cleaning for company. Which I have to do today or tomorrow because we have family coming on the weekend! Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteI hope y'all enjoy a great visit!
DeleteI did get stuck in an elevator once with three other people. Someone broke wind silently. It was wrong on so many levels.
ReplyDeletehttps://timeforreflections.blogspot.com/2019/04/the-air-that-i-breathe.html
I hate deep cleaning and leave it to someone else to do. I never know what to do with dust bunnies. I collect them in boxes with date and place where they were found.
"Ignorance is bliss" Do you know there are more things I don't know than things I do know? I am probably bliss!
God bless.
"On so many levels" .... hahaha!
DeleteGood point on bliss; I'm going to remember that one.
ReplyDelete"I can't complain sugar. There's only one of you and I prefer a larger audience." I love this so much. I'm also that way about cleaning out stuff...lol
I still chuckle about that!
Deleteevery single time i ever
ReplyDeleteATTACK the closets I find myself wishing i had not and have to keep going. I can relate to that one. I was once stuck in the freight elevator with my coworker, half way it stopped in the dark, we had half a dozen mannquins moving them to storage. they came quickly, 2 of us were screaming.
I would l love to live in a small town, and this was a small town years ago. but i do listen to others and enjoy hearing them. I could be a professional eavesdropper if it paid anything.
Now THAT's a job I'd enjoy. (lol)
DeleteThat's exactly what motivates me too! I picked the ski lift too along with snakes. Those are sweet things about your town. Love your random!
ReplyDeleteGreat minds!
DeleteWise, wise words by Mr. Bob Seger. Me too.
ReplyDelete💯
DeleteI hate it when I start a big project and then I get tired . . .and I want to quit . . .but I can't!!
ReplyDeleteWe're our own worst critics!
DeleteOh this is funny - all your followers are just like you - me included. Ski lift and snakes.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like a title of a country song!
DeleteLOLOLOL on your last graphic, yepppppppppppp is all I can think because I am so guilty. LOLOLOL
ReplyDelete😆
DeleteNo ski lift for me, I’m afraid of heights!
ReplyDelete😲
Deletethecontemplativecat here. Forget the ski lift and snakes scare the snot out of me.
ReplyDeleteMe, too!
DeleteToo hot to weed whack! Enjoyed your answers.
ReplyDeleteLittle by little in the early mornings ... followed by a cool shower!
DeleteFunny I could not think of my answers to anything tonight. But I guess I would prefer the Chair lift yo the elevator although I have never been on one.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the thoughts and prayers. I am hearing rumbles I do NOT like. :-(
You know, me neither. Back in the day, we hung onto a rope line to take us to the top.
DeleteYes to that deep cleaning thought!! LOL Been there! Myra, I enjoyed your answers and feel your 'pain' at the might or might not show up company. Grrrr!!
ReplyDelete🤗
DeleteGood logic on where to get stuck. Didn't think of where a cellphone would work. When we got stuck on a ski lift it was before cellphones! Yikes, sorry about the visitor notice being a maybe. That would drive me nuts. Hope you hear something sooner than later!!
ReplyDeleteTom just had a call this morning ... looks like a go!
DeleteWon't it be terrible if you did all that cleaning and they didn't come. OUCH, oh well, the house is clean anyway. ☺ I'm with you when it comes to snakes, they give the creeps. I stepped on one when I was a little girl, it was awful.
ReplyDeleteHorrors ..... what a fright!
DeleteI enjoyed your answers. I'd be the same way with the company...are you or aren't you coming..lol. I liked your post about the list of "life is to short". really good ones there.
ReplyDelete