While fixing my face yesterday morning, I realized just how much I'm enjoying my lighted magnifying mirror. That's not something I'd ever given much thought -- until I recently discovered one in our hotel's bathroom.
I found a mid-price model, Tom was kind enough to mount it ... and now I'm wondering how in the heck I lived without it.
So! My wants -- v. my needs -- don't often intersect. For example, I'm far more inclined to invest in a nice rib-eye than the pricier eye cream. Others may not understand, but that's okay!
Today's question --
What's something on your 'want' list right now that you don't necessarily need?
There's only 249 more days to Christmas! (Thanks, Alexa.)
Hugs, Myra
PS -
In case anyone's making a list, I really want this (Tentikle, as seen on Shark Tank) ...
..... but given the busted window, I've temporarily taken it out of my cart.




I have used the expensive eye creams and they are no different than the cheaper ones--I now use Cetaphil. As for wish lists, I just want/need my own house. AND I have a magnifying mirror as well, I am though looking at the lighted one, grin. Walmart had them for like $189. Egads, it will have to wait until our land gets cleared and the house put in.
ReplyDeleteHave a beautiful rest of the day, smiles.
Egads, indeed! I paid but $37.99 on Amazon; here's a link:
Deletehttps://www.amazon.com/dp/B092QVGQMM?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1
I didn't realise the tripod type thing existed. For years I've been using a live octopus to stick to the car windscreen and hold the camera in place. Cheaper than $34.95. I only feed him shrimps. He makes a good pet too as well as a way of holding cameras, cell-phones, Kindles and so on to take selfies or to read a Kindle whilst lying on the beach, or in the bath. He's edible too! I call him Calamari.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
How resourceful you are! And I love Calamari!
DeleteHoly Toledo! I just got another (yes, another) update from Firefox - and suddenly I'm able to comment on your blog again without being anonymous!
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure if the update has anything to do with it, but it's a possibility.
At this stage in my miserable life, the last thing I need is to see myself in a lighted, magnified mirror. I used to be devastatingly cute (*sigh*), but in recent years I don't need to buy a mask for Halloween.
I have lots of things on my "want" list, but they're all necessary: a POWERFUL brush cutter, to clear the monster weeds on my property, a new refrigerator, a new clothes dryer....
Ya, these days I have to steel myself before looking. Still, it's better than working 'blind' and coming out looking like Tammy Faye.
DeleteBTW, your comment didn't show up here -- just in my e-mail. I went looking and discovered those stinkers had it shown as spam. Not cool, Blogger.
if you do get the phone thingy, do NOT put it on a railing over water, what is the suctions quit sucking? I love that mirror and as soon as my rewards build up will get one. that way i can say i got it for free... i have one on the wall in the bathroom but it is not lighted. it was my mothers because she lost her sight and could not see her face in the mirror. daddy did not want it. it is from 1985 and badly NEEDS to be replaced. I mean what if I get something in my eye? like a lash. need it now. so why did you not spend 3 dollars more and get the one that is rechargeable. it says yours can plug into a USB port but have to use it plugged in. 3 MORE DOLLARS... can you tell I popped out to view the link in your comments
ReplyDeleteGood point about the water. That should have come with a disclaimer, "Do not try this at home."
DeleteGuess what? My mirror DID come with the USB thingie! I wonder if they didn't change the pricing after the fact.
Andy and I don't look in mirrors anymore. They lie. 😀
ReplyDeleteFunny lady! 'Wish I had your willpower!
DeleteI have one of those mirrors and never use it now that I don't wear makeup anymore. Gathering dust. I need to check out that Tentikle! Looks interesting! Myra, have a blessed Thursday!! xo
ReplyDeleteI do just the basics myself. But I have no eyebrows -- so I want to make sure I don't walk out looking like a Kardashian. LOL!
DeleteI love my lighted mirror (the magnified side helps, too but scares the beegeebees out of me). I'd be in big trouble without it. Seems at my age, hair anywhere on me has stopped growing except on my chin. So, I use it to keep track of those wandering sprigs of grey hair that keeps popping up. I'd rather shave my legs than my chin, for gosh sakes.
ReplyDeleteHahaha! I can SO relate! Another blogger published her memoirs a few years ago titled, "From Pigtails to Chin Hairs." Becky doesn't post so often anymore, but I love her sense of humor.
DeleteNo lighted mirror for me! At my age, I don't need to exaggerate my facial flaws - lol! That tentikle is something Danny's had for a while; he uses it to mount his phone when we're doing FaceTime with the kids.
ReplyDeleteBlessings, Myra!
My wrinkles both fascinate and crack me up. So far!
DeleteThanks for telling me how y'all use your Tentikle!
Lighted AND magnifying? Yikes! I'm afraid of what I'll see! I do have a little hand mirror that magnifies, but I only use it when I want to pluck out the chin whiskers. I should probably do that more often. LOL And eyebrows...I know, mine are almost gone and what's left doesn't show up much, so I use a brow pencil, and I don't always get it right. Anyway, I love your post. Thank you for the smiles.
ReplyDeleteAw, thanks for saying that! What's up with our eyebrows disappearing?! I don't recall ever having to use eye pencils in my younger days, but now they're a necessity.
DeleteYou might have done it because Sherry like her magnified mirror, does not have the lighted type....
ReplyDeleteWhat I want RIGHT now but do not need, another house! or Trailer.. LOL yeah I know..... but I would still like to sell this one in Florida and buy another. LOL
That green snake with suction cups looks like it would be useful....
As always, enjoyed the visit. ;-)
Oh Jack, I love your passion for house hunting. Is that what big game hunters call the 'thrill of the chase'?
DeleteI say, 'Why not?!'
I like that Tentikle! I hadn't seen one before. I'm not sure I like it enough to get it though. The only thing that comes to mind of something I would like but not necessarily need is something hubby and me were talking about today based on commercials I hear on the way to work. Getting a heater/cooler for the pool to extend the swimming season. Do I really need to start swimming in April and go all the way to the end of October? And in reality, we won't be getting one but it was fun to talk about it :)
ReplyDeletebetty
That sounds genius! (But I'm guessing it costs a pretty penny.) Maybe if one's family were to use it all that time. In all the years we lived in Goodyear, I think I went in ours 5-6 times.
DeleteI have a magnifying mirror that sits on the countertop in my bathroom. I couldn't get along without it. I use it for plucking my eyebrows and chin hairs. Ha ! There is nothing I need or want right now but I'm sure to think of something by Christmas!
ReplyDeleteIsn't it a blessing to have all we need? All the same, I like dreaming.
DeleteI think I came to work a few weeks ago with only one eyebrow. That is what I get for trying to draw them on. Maybe I need the mirror, too!
ReplyDeleteThat is TOO funny! Reminds me of a popular columnist who shared the story of an inexperienced tech who accidentally waxed off his whole eyebrow.
DeleteYes, those mirrors are great. Thanks for the reminder about Christmas....Not! That is an interesting device. I'm going to go and check it out.
ReplyDelete*Grinning* Please let me know if you get one and how you like it!
DeleteI am content now with everything but a magnifying mirror sounds great! I have used high end and low end creams and basically most are the same. I do love Ultra Mare from Serious Skin Care (Jennifer Flavin Stallone). I get lots of deals at Macy's with my Clinique moisturizer cream. Jennifer;s products are pricey but that one is my fav. I am gatherin gifts for Shea's second birthday. We don't
ReplyDeleteattend the party anymore due to the disrespect from Tarrah. So they know they can come over anytime and we will gift her her gifts. I like them being here anyway. Without all the hassles of everyone else. Interesting device. I saw a purse I think in an ad from That Shark Tank show. lol I am always finding fun things. Have a great evening. HUGS & LOVE