Good evening!
Okay. For those who asked about the broken window:
The culprit was actually a pair of rogue binoculars. Rather than taking an extra 10 seconds to walk around the table and pick it up, I reached and grabbed the case by its (long) leather strap ... which deteriorated, sending the case flying. Against the black-out drapes and the mini blinds. Just think what damage I might have wrought if I'd put any effort into it!
Tom wasn't a happy husband, but he got over it and even fashioned a temporary tarp before the rains came. And boy, did they ever!
Hopefully the window man will be able to fit us in sooner rather than later. Who'd have thought those folks are in such demand!
🌼
Having little to nothing to do Saturday afternoon, Tom suggested driving back to the estate sale. That being the last day, everything's marked down 50%.
Right away, he slogged his way through the mud in back to the owner's workshop and discovered neither of the remaining planes had been sold. Oh yes, he did!
As a matter of fact, the estate sale people were in such a hurry to get rid of stuff, they lowered the prices again! Nice folks. The one lady helping Tom knew the owner (deceased) and told us, "Mr. P -- an RC enthusiast himself -- would be so pleased to know his things are going to someone who will appreciate them."
While Tom was trying to fit his toys in the back of the truck, I couldn't resist another stroll through the house where I found this pretty tablecloth. I've been halfway looking for something to match the window treatments for a while. 'Thinking it's better suited for Christmas but Tom wants to leave it out.
🌼
And then it was Easter!
As some of you asked, here's some pictures.
That's Sue -- our Bible study leader at top left with her hubby. Hard to tell here, but Richard's 99% blind. I'm seriously in awe of everything he can do, particularly since this happened long into adulthood.
I have to share a funny story about my 'pew-mate', Brenda. Early in the service her bracelet became caught in her blouse.
She was relaying the story at Bible study this morning:
"I couldn't decide whether to give it a good pull or take off my blouse."
Next thing I know, little red beads are bouncing all over the floor. Pastor Janet's reading the Scripture and several of us are down picking up the beads.
No-one noticed, one crimson bead affixed itself to the left front of Brenda's blouse. How do I put this? A bullseye?
Not until she was coming back down the aisle from Communion and saw Sue mouthing and subtly pointing.
That's okay. In true Brenda fashion she told us, "If I had one on the other side I could have done a little dance and a wiggle."
Yes, we Bible study gals appreciate any opportunity to laugh -- often at ourselves.
For instance? At a recent meeting, Sue reminded us how things happen in God's timing ... not ours. One little old lady (who wouldn't say a 'bad word' if she had a mouthful) said, "Well, that's annoying."
Since Sharon was ill yesterday and didn't have a chance to wear her new hat, a few of us decided we'd bring ours to study this morning.
'Sure do love these ladies!
... almost as much as I luv y'all!
Hugs, Myra





.jpg)

Thanks for the explanation. OUCH..... WE enjoyed all the hats and fun we know you guys enjoyed. It is wonderful to be able to ENJOY special times.
ReplyDeleteLove the table cloth and of course the toys. Take care and be safe...
Sherry & jack smiling...
Thanks, Jack and Sherry! Now you've got me humming, "When you're smiling ... the whole world smiles with you."
DeleteOh a broken window! The worst! Glad you were able to keep the rain out. Love the hats! I was such a hat person and than there is no where to store all my hats so I better go back to the ball caps with my honey. hahaha! The red beads story will forever make me smile out loud! I love those planes that Tom bought. Planes and Trains & Automobiles, if I only had money sigh....I have followed John Travolta for a long while on Instagram, he just upgraded his airplane. Can you imagine needing to attend a meeting in Ireland and jumping in your own plane? He is such a good human! He has come a long way from Vinne Barbareno on Welcome Back Kotter! The table cloth is very beautiful. I love that kind of style and all the lacy pretties. I did not sleep last night so I am behind a day already. I finally rested on and off this morning to grt some rest. I love visiting you here. HUGS
ReplyDeleteOh, I hate restless nights. Even worse, feeling out of sorts the rest of the day. I can't wear ball caps, but used to keep high-brim visors in several colors ... perfect for bad hair days!
DeleteDoes homeowner insurance pay for the repair of the window? Glad Tom fashioned something to keep the rain out! Lovely pictures of you and your friends wearing your hats and how sweet that you all wore them today for Bible study to include the one lady who wasn't at church. LOL, I can just see that bracelet breaking and the commotion it caused. I'm sure you all will remember this year's Easter service for more reasons than one!
ReplyDeleteYay with the continued finds from the estate sale! I bet Tom was a happy camper to get those additional planes!
betty
Yes, I think Brenda's bracelet will live on for a long time. Thanks for your notice of Tom's toys -- I've not seen him this enthused in a long time.
DeleteI'm so glad you went to that estate sale and found such great finds. 😊
ReplyDeleteThanks, Jean. Me, too!
DeleteI love the hats! I have (bad) hair that was made for hat wearing!
ReplyDeleteI've always been afflicted with bad hair, so hats/visors have been my BFs for years.
Deletemaybe your town has had an 'epidemic' of straps breaking and cases knocking out windows. i laughed my head off because I broke the window in the kitchen with the lock, don't ask how, and now it has DUCT TAPE on it and has had for a year. The man says he will fix it. OMG... LOVE the hats, and the stories of the Hatladies Easter Episodes. giggles all the way through. wow on those planes and I think the table cloth is fine for all year. a specila giggle for the cowgirl hat. love it... I think you landed in Magnolia Girls Bible Study. now I am off to figure out where The Man is going to Store all those Big Planes. says the woman with 40 in the garage
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the name Magnolia Girls Bible Study .. gotta float that up next Monday!
DeleteOh Myra! I would so love your pew mate. That story made me really laugh. I love all the hats. We used to do that on Easter too. Actually, we had 2 that wore them this Easter. So fun!
ReplyDeleteWhat a joy to hear Brenda's story made you laugh. I was (a little) concerned someone might find it offensive.
DeleteThose planes are huge! Well I got my answer on the Easter hat. Everyone looks great! Sounds like a fun time.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, Debby!
Delete(Jon here)
ReplyDeleteIt seems that I've been cursed by Blogger to remain anonymous forever. All my attempts to resolve this problem have failed.
So- - wayward binoculars were the culprit! I hope you can get the window fixed soon.....and I hope it won't rain again until it's fixed (is that asking for too much?).
Wow, Tom's airplanes are huge! I really like them, but hopefully he'll keep them away from the windows (*smile*).
I also like the church lady Easter bonnets. It was a sweet and whimsical idea for the holiday.
And the new tablecloth looks great!
I'm so sorry the Blogger's still not cooperating. More so, what's going on with your health. I wasn't able to leave a comment but will be praying!
Delete"It seems that I've been cursed by Blogger to remain anonymous forever."
ReplyDelete"Who said that?"
God bless, Jon!
Indeed! Jon's a treasure.
DeleteI like those model airplanes. Do they fly?
ReplyDeleteBeautiful hats too. Do they fly?
Is it windy where you are, apart from the storms and hurricanes?
You don't see many people wearing hats over here these days. Only at weddings some women do. Not many men with hats either. Or smoking pipes. What is happening to the world? All the old fashioned things are no longer fashionable.
I'll get myself a hat, and a pipe, and a belt and braces to hold my trousers up. And an umbrella. Over here men used to always carry an umbrella. Now they carry a chip on each shoulder and say they are well-balanced.
God bless.
Hahahaha ... only a windy day. My father loved wearing nice suits -- hats, too. More often than not he carried a cigar in his right hand. 'Have to confess, I often make presumptions about the U.K. -- I was surprised ladies hats aren't more popular. Must be, I'm watching too many of your royal weddings.
DeleteFun stuff, Myra, and I love the hats. I wish I could wear one. I do not have a hat head. Nice that Tom got a good price on his new toys!! Love you back!!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much!
DeleteI don't know how I missed this post but the bead story is hysterical!!!! Y'all look cute in your hats!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Lisa! Someone wrote on our private FB group, she wants Brenda to wear a bracelet again this Sunday.
DeleteOh I love this post. So glad I came back to read it! Love the hats, and the stories, especially the red bead story! that's a real winner! LOL. Y'all look so happy together! You are blessed to have such sweet friends at your church. What a blessing indeed. I love the table cloth you found. Looks like it was made for your table...fits perfectly, and yes, it does match your drapes! Amazing! What fun! Well, now I can relax that I've seen it all. Love this post.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much! Remembering the stern discipline of the denomination in which I was raised, I'm relieved to hear you enjoyed this.
DeleteHow did I not leave a comment? Oh dear, me.....I am sorry aobut the broken window. Love all the hats. You girls could host a tea party at church. wear your cool hats. You wear a hat like the queen girl! You look so pretty in them. The red bead story was something. I have a bunch of thankfuls to write about. I should put that post up. I forgot about my Wednesday and Tuesday posts. Busy with the little ones. Maybe blogger has abandoned me and I do not realize it! Hmmm.... Take care HUGS & LOVE
ReplyDelete