Thanks for the sweet comments on my Easter post! In the event anyone was 'put off', I apologize! I certainly didn't mean to give the impression we're irreverent. These dear ladies' lives are anything but sunshine and lollipops -- I'm talking about all sorts of issues, from loved ones' addictions to 2 receiving grim medical diagnoses last week. Nevertheless, they're some of the most faith-filled women I know. They inspire me. Heck, I think healthy laughter's far better than tears.
So, I finally bowed to the advertisements and went to schedule my shingles vaccine. $411.92. Say whaaaat? I came home, called my insurance provider and they said, "no, that's a covered benefit." There's a two-time $47 co-pay, but I'm still inclined to go forward. A few years ago Tom's son had shingles in both of his eyes. To hear his account, it was the worst kind of pain and suffering.
Did I tell you? I kicked Kindle to the curb. Again. $9-something a month isn't a big deal -- unless you're not using it. There's a new kid in town and her name is Libby. For only the price of a Public Library card, she's a cheap date!
I'm not known for my way around a kitchen, but another blogger recently featured these Boursin deviled eggs. I'd never tried Boursin cheese spread before - but neither have I ever met a cheese I didn't like!
Finally .....
Is anyone experiencing issues when they go to leave a comment? A few days ago when I went to leave comments, Blogger didn't recognize me. I was still signed in to my Google account but had to use the Anonymous feature.
The only reason I'm bringing this up, I know of two other bloggers who've experienced the same thing. I'm the least computer-savvy person on the planet, but here's what worked for me. Maybe it will for someone else.




I havae the library app on my kindle and I love it. It doesn't cost anything and is free to use. I went to the library and they set it up for me. I so low deviled eggs, but never had any with cheese before. It's nice though to try something new !
ReplyDeleteI usually resist eating non-Keto stuff, but this is super low carb. Yes, I'm celebrating a new-to-me tummy treat!
DeleteI think I use that same library app. We also have something called Overdrive for our local library. Really, there are so many books offered through it and even if I have to wait for a book, there still are literally millions available to read! Glad you got rid of Kindle. I think of signing up for it and then I'm like "why pay when I can get free books?"
ReplyDeleteGood for you for getting the shingles shot. Worth the copay. I hear shingles pain is the worst kind and can keep on coming back!
Sorry to hear about the grim diagnoses of the ladies from your Bible study. Will say a prayer for you all.
I did have some trouble at times with comments. I'll look into your fix for it this weekend . I had to prove I wasn't a human a lot of times on blogs that I didn't have to do beforehand.
We tried that Boursin cheese for a first time in a recipe this past week. We got the garlic one. It was so good. We had some leftover that we spread on crackers. Equally as good!
Happy weekend!
betty
Thanks, Betty! Now I'm interested in finding more ways to enjoy the Boursin. Even Tom loves it!
DeletePOOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF My reply went out in outer space...anyways...as soon as I become a citizen of FL (LOLOL--Because I am an illegal alien with a NY DL, LOLOL) I will get a library card. ANYWAYS, Did I miss the medical issues? Did you post? I will have to go back and look---see what my old age is doing to me? LOLOLOLOL
ReplyDeleteFunny girl! I'm guessing you're talking about my Bible study gals issues? No, I've not posted anything. I don't think they know I blog, but want to protect their privacy.
DeleteI love your Easter post and I believe Jesus has a sense of humor. Afterall, he made a platypus and nothing looks a whole lot funnier. I believe He sits in heaven and sometimes looks down and laughs at the silly things we do. provers 17:22 tells us "A merry heart doeth good like a medicine..."
ReplyDeleteOh Cathy, I do love you! 😊
DeleteThank you for the smiles!
Oh I forgot. Libby is a wonderful tool and I use it all the time, but I download them to my Kindle. Did you discard your Kindle or only the program. Just wondering. lol
ReplyDeleteI should have clarified! Nope, I just dropped the subscription. Right now, I'm into 'real' books; then again, that could change!
DeleteI have used Libby since 2012 when a friend won a kindle through a drawing at her hair dresser and since she had 2 she gave me the new one. I have not read a book since. I signed up at the library and until you told me about a book on kindle unlimited, libby was the only go to. Now I have both. the library I get my favorite well know authors, kindle UL i read every single day, like 16 books about Jack Widow Series, he is Reachers son. I love unlimited and so its worth it for 10.00. I read so much the library can't keep up with books I have not read.
ReplyDeleteI thought your post was funny and perfect and it made me want to be in your group.
I have not had the blogger thing happen but have had other problems and I think they must be changing things behind the scene again. now that you have mentioned this, i know it will happen to me. hope I can remember what you did
What a generous gift! I hope to become a real reader again, like you. I didn't realize Reacher had a son; I'm going to look for that series!
DeletePLEASE get the shingles vaccine! I know too many people who regret not doing it.
ReplyDeleteI promise! 😉
DeleteYou know I have the Kindle app on my phone and it doesn't cost anything. I'm also signed up on an app that emails book suggestions each day and they often have them for free or 99 cents. We love that cheese! The best deal is at Costco. Yes they need to leave us alone and when they mess with me I go to Sandra for help.
ReplyDeleteSandra is a treasure, isn't she? I have the free app, too, but pay each month for access to free or discounted books (that I'm not using).
DeleteDu pain, du vin, et du Boursin.
ReplyDeleteJe ne comprends pas! Tous mes commentaires sont en Francais! Pourquoi?
Que se passe-t-il avec Blogger?
Que Dieu vous bénisse toujours.
I love Blogger's translation feature!
DeleteL'chaim!
Boursin cheese is SO good, I'll bet they do wonders for these deviled eggs, Myra. No, I haven't encountered a glitch with leaving comments yet, but I'm so glad you shared here how you dealt with the matter. I've noticed that on some blogs, when I go to leave a comment, the "window" has changed. It works, but why did it change in the first place? Just another techy mystery.
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
I don't know that this is a 'fix' or a stroke of luck. Blogger sure wants to keep us on our toes; who knows what's next?
DeleteI never particularly liked Kindle....I'm glad you summoned the courage to kick it.
ReplyDeleteI never heard of shingles in the eyes. Yikes! I'm presently having lots of eye problems - probably from spring allergies.
I never heard of Boursin cheese - and never heard of deviled eggs with cheese, but it sounds good.
I'm still having Blogger problems. Some blogs give me lots of trouble when I try to leave comments - and others are perfectly fine. I often have trouble replying to comments on my own blog.
Thanks, Jon. We never had eye 'issues' until coming to Alabama; I strongly suspect allergies. Please let me know if you try the Boursin.
DeleteA friend of mine had shingles on her face . . .get the shot! I love Boursin cheese but I've never thought of making deviled eggs with it! Yum!
ReplyDeleteI'm going Monday morning and get the shot! We're having Boursin tonight with crackers (him) and raw veggies (me).
DeleteWould you believe I've never had a Kindle? I am a 'real book' person, and just never could bring myself to betray my friends, the books, by reading them on a machine! LOL. I haven't had any issues with comments, etc., YET, and I hope I don't. But now I'll know what to do if I do. Not sure about the boursin cheese in deviled eggs idea. I'm a puritan when it comes to my deviled eggs! LOL. Don't mess them up with anything but mayo, mustard, vinegar and paprika! LOL. But I'm glad you liked them. Have a wonderful week. I missed your Easter post so must go see what I missed. Love ya.
ReplyDeleteMustard! THAT's what I forgot! I've never made deviled eggs before; it wasn't pretty, but I enjoy eating my mistakes. LOL. xo
DeleteWEll I want to say I don't think I have ever had shingles, but the folks who have 'enjoyed' the experience as it is the WORST!
ReplyDeleteWE went down and got the library card, but still are supposed to go back to learn how to use it. The info we received was in the heavy part of the Covid mess and no one could get close. LOL Will try again, I had forgotten.
;-) I enjoyed the Easter entry@!!
Oh yes, comments. Only on Sean's blog now, funny one time a few weeks ago my comment was taken. the rest say 'posting' but don't.
Love from here. ;-)
Thanks, Jack and Sherry! For a few years I became caught up in the electronic craze and forgot what a treasure the public library is!
DeleteI had the "old" shingles vaccine quite a few years ago while still working at the Museum. The last time I inquired about the new 2-time vaccine, it was $90 each time so I let it rest for a while. I have a new plan now, so may ask again. This one might be different. Happy weekend, Myra! xo
ReplyDeleteI've had chronic eyestrain all my life so I don't read stories, mostly things that involve a little reading and a lot of thinking. Books on Kindle are better than most print books for me because I can enlarge the text. I also invest in audible books, they are a blessing. Color me lucky ad grateful.
ReplyDeleteI am a book in my hands kinda gal. Bea is like my mini book club friend. we chat once a week and she is always reading something soo good. I love that lady so much. Avery is taking off Monday and Tuesday. So a 4 day weekend. Once we get Hannah's room ready for her and Jake coming May 21 we can relax. Our anniversary is Tuesday. So maybe lunch at Outback if Chris is working. He is like another bonus son to us. Jeremy & Brittany celebrate 6 years on April 30th. They flew to San Diego this morning. She won the Circle of Excellence so they stay in the fancy schmacy hotel and the second they hit the airport it is covered by her company. A free anniversary trip woo hoo. He said they are shceduled to tour the USS Midway too. Jeremy is a history nut so it is perfect for him.I will have to talk about Shea & Harrisons's visit with me this other day. That girl is a diva. Always washing her face and hands and brushing her golden locks tell ing that hirts!Girl, a boars hair brush does not pull your hair, it makes her locks shine like the sun.She brushed her teeth three times lol. Noelle ran to Family Dollar and bought pjs for us so we could each have some than I ordered a bunch of stuff for her birthday from Carter's. She is a fashion plate. I did not get many photos. We had so much fun. I love reading your posts. HUGS & Love
ReplyDelete