Thanks for your kind words on my last post's selfie! Could you tell, I'd given myself a haircut with cuticle scissors? In spite of my hairdresser's attempts to correct the sides, it's going to take a while.
LOVING the opportunity to wear my beloved hoodie once more. When our thermostat registered 78* I wasted no time turning on the AC. Not 24 hours later, the temps dipped, and Tom began reaching for one of the quilts we keep at the ready. One thing about Alabama weather -- there's something for everyone!
THANKFUL to be feeling 100% again. After Bible study I strolled across the parking lot to Walgreens, stuck out my arm and got my shingles vaccine. But when I woke up yesterday, everything except my teeth hurt. Running a temp, I lay low. It's been years decades since I had the flu but these (common) reactions came as a surprise.
I love what her sister wrote: "Cindy was the strongest prayer warrior I've ever known; she ran straight into the arms of Jesus."
DETERMINED to start over; all over again. Self-care, I mean. For a myriad of reasons, my teeth have become really discolored. Since mask-wearing's no longer in vogue, I bought some whitening pens recommended by another blogger/influencer.
'Hope and pray it will also heal my cuticles. I do well for a few days, then the next thing you know, I'm chewing an edge, both index fingers are scraping the sides of my thumbs, making them bleed. Maybe this confession will keep me accountable.
Finally feeling peace of mind, at home in my own skin is invaluable.
Because I know it will never happen, I enjoyed giving free rein to my imagination.
For starters? I'd find and book endless passages on a luxury cruise liner. I've always been happiest out at sea, but today's main-stream cruises (aka, cattle calls) hold little appeal. Imagine! No housekeeping, no lawn maintenance, no property taxes!
Each Christmas season I'd come ashore long enough to rent a big house in the mountains where family and friends would gather. You'd find me right here!



Sorry about the side effects of your shot. So sorry to hear about the passing of a friend of yours from H.S. Hope that lotion works for you. Mine are strong from taking a calcium vitamin. I like your dream!
ReplyDeleteCalcium sounds like a good idea! Thanks, Debby.
DeleteI had the old shingles shot years ago. The cost of the new one, even with my insurance, has been my excuse to not get the new one. Sorry you had such a horrible reaction, Myra! I always love my visits here with you!! xo
ReplyDeleteDarn! You'd think the insurance companies would realize preventive medicine is more affordable than what it might cost to treat the disease!
DeleteOh girl, I loved this post, I would have a lot to say but those words HIT! They are marvelous for some one to think them, is so SWEET: "She ran straight into the arms of Jesus." Is that a beautiful mental picture or WHAT?
ReplyDeleteThe impossible dream is to hike the AT and just enjoy God's creations......
Love you lady! ;-)
You and Sherry have seen what few people have! I'm just grateful you share your memories with us here.
DeleteBoth of my thumb nails split too. They started during chemo 6 years ago and still do it. Let us know if that stuff works please. Hubby and I did the shingles shots last year and only had sore arms if I remember right. Sorry you had issues. I cruised 35-40 years ago twice and loved it too.
ReplyDeleteI'll let you know! Day #2 and I already have high hopes, touching the ends of my nails like someone would a wet paint sign. LOL.
DeleteI often look a big houses here and wonder who cleans them and who pays for the electricity. So unless I used some of that million dollars for bills like that, as cozy as it might be, it wouldn't be in my dreams to own something like that. Perhaps rent it for the season :)
ReplyDeleteI hear that happens a lot with caregivers. They devote so much of their time, etc. to the people they are caregiving to they forget to take care of their own health.
Ouch with your side effects from the shingles shot, but still wise to get it!!
My impossible dream? Probably a motorhome and travel around the country, similar to what Jack/Sherry have done in the past :)
betty
I think you hit the nail on the head about caregivers, Betty. Love your RV dream. That would be mine, too, provided we had a professional chauffeur!
DeleteI am loving your rambling mind today. that is what I like to do and to hear from others. the quote at the end is great. So happy you got the shingle shot, when i got the shingles my doc said you are blessed you got the shingle shot, mine only last 7 days and I did not even know I had them until she told me. prevention is the way to go.
ReplyDeleteIf I had that million, I would move into a beach side motel, NOT hotel room, and just live there and own nothing but clothing and I would never cook again or shop for groceries.
my nails split at the ends, as in peeling part way. let us know how this cream works. sorry about your long time friend. for 10 years my best friend Madeline in Savannah and I and her 2 cousins and her sister in law, all did daily Sista emails and FB. 3 years ago they started to die and now 3 of the five are gone, leaving Madeline and myself. I have upped my excercises..
Another dream I could go for, too! And when I pass, they could just roll me out into the ocean. (*grin*)
DeleteI am so sorry to hear about your friend. Please accept my sincerest condolences. May she R.I.P.
ReplyDeletePraying that you are soon well and for your good health and Tom's.
If I had a million $? How much chocolates can one buy for $1m?
God bless always.
Thank you so much! Methinks that's a lot of chocolate!
DeleteSo very sorry to hear about your friend's sudden passing. Sadly, as we get older, we will be hearing that more and more. My daddy used to say the only time he got to see his friends was at their funeral! Life is short...we need to live it like every day could be our last, but do something meaningful. Well, I think your dream idea is a great one. Although I wouldn't do the cruise thing. I like to be on terra firma. Let me know how the hoof cream works, and also the teeth paint pencil. I could use that too. I loved your selfie on the last post. You are very glamorous no matter what you think! Stay warm, or stay cool...whatever the weather demands! Blessings.
ReplyDeleteGreat advice, Pam. Sometimes I forget my/our generation is nearing borrowed time.
DeleteI so appreciate your kind words!
I am glad you are in a place and time when you are content with who you are and where you are. I am convinced it took me aging to get to that point!
ReplyDeleteMe, too. What a relief when I quit trying to grasp the brass ring.
DeleteI am sorry about your friend.
ReplyDeleteGA is a lot like that - if you don't like the weather - just wait till tomorrow!
Have a great one.
sandie
Thank you, Sandie. Again, I'm so very sorry about Disco. Hugs!
DeleteI'm sorry about your friend. I was laid low by my second shingles shot, but it was only for about 24 hours and well worth it.
ReplyDeleteThanks for telling me! I believe 24 hours is far better than several weeks.
DeleteI am so sory you lost your friend. It is tough and I understand. She has joined all the blessed ones sharing in God's goodness. We can pray for the loved ones and hope one day God will scoop us away too. I nearly died from the pneumococcal pneumonia vaccine so I am scared to death of all of them. Nick had shinges as a senior in high school. What an awful time he had. A young friend Chelsea, with two little girls is hospitalized. Flu. Please remember her in prayer. SHe works so hard, one child has neurological problems they are trying to figure out and the older girl is a world class gymnast but it takes all heir time. She is blessed she has her "Mammacita" helping her. She is in Florida. Jeremy's friend John would have turned 37 today. His sister posted a photo from the cemeterey. She is trying to get him a headstone.He passed away so young and so quickly, This is where I would love to be wealthy. So I could buy that headstone. Jenny was handed all the responsibility of the funeral. Everyone pitched in and gave money. Jeremy has some well off friends so it was nice to see them step up. His parents are just in a different world. I don't think they expecting to lose him like that. ;-( I hope you feel better soon. I always had a reaction on the flu shot.I love all your thoughts here. Same here on the weather. Hot, cold, inbetween. No Rain no snow but wind and cold and then 80 plus heat wave. Crazy! Take care.
ReplyDeletePraying, Anne! God is in the details.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteMy sincerest condolences...I am going to just keep it real and say I am still grieving our son passing away...I know, get a grip gf.
ReplyDeleteAs for millions of dollars, since I am a simpleton, I would prefer a mortgage free home. But I do like your idea--let's go travelling, smiles.
I hope you have a beautiful day friend. smiles
Take all the time you need, my friend. xo
DeleteThere are so many things I want to comment on today - wish we were sitting together just having a long conversation (and we've never even met hahaha!). I'm so sorry about your friend. In my eXtreme gratitude post yesterday, I mentioned two friends who died way too soon. What her sister said is powerful! I hope I run right into the arms of Jesus, too. I also pick at the sides of my thumbs . . . especially when nervous or stressed. I saw a beaded thumb ring the other day (I can't remember where but it will probably pop up on my computer since I'm mentioning it!). You wear the ring and the tiny beads can be manipulated around RATHER than picking at the thumb. Maybe we both need one of those. Last but not least . . .if I had a million dollars . . .I would give 10% to our church and then I would book several trips!! I read an article several years ago that a retiree could live on a cruise ship or in a Holiday Inn for cheaper than they could live in a decent retirement home. Sorry for my long comment!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE your 'long comment', Lisa! I'd no idea there was such a thing as a thumb ring -- or that other people did the same thing. I may have to check that out.
DeleteI still need to get my shingles shot, but have put it off for the time being. After hearing about the effects you suffered, Myra, I'm glad I've waited. I have days when I still feel like I'm recovering from the pneumonia. So much for getting older!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear about your friend, but she certainly sounds like a woman of tremendous faith. I'm sure she's loving being at home with Jesus.
Blessings!
I'm no doctor, but holding off the vaccine while your poor body is regaining strength sounds wise. Blessings!
Delete