Thanks Joyce, for facilitating another fun exercise ... and congrats on your 350th milestone! I may be late to the table, but appreciate you nevertheless!
"April showers bring May flowers" ... or so the saying goes. Is there a flower you associate with a particular memory? Explain.
Oh yes! Since I was born on St. Patrick's Day, my father began buying me green carnations at an early age ... every year until his untimely death in '81. Even after all this time, I'm susceptible to the blues when March 17 rolls around and there's no green at the door.
8 weeks of Arabian horses? = Heaven!
It's the first of May so let's run with it:
First things first, don't know the first thing about, first dibs on something, first impression, first rate, first cousin, first string, first-come-first-served, at first light .... which phrase can best be applied to something in your life currently (or even recently)?
Unfortunately, I don't know the first thing about flora and fauna. We've a footprint crying for attention! I really envy our DIL's knowledge, her passion ... but cringe at the thought of digging in the dirt.
Insert your own random thought here.
I've not much ... perhaps a bit of levity?
In the event you're having a rotten day, consider for a moment: You, too, could come back from the salon with hair the same shade as your dish soap. (sigh...)
Thanks for visiting ... be safe out there!
Hugs,
Myra






Well, I never knew you were born on St. Patrick's Day - - or if I did, I must have forgotten. This time I'll remember. And I'll think of green carnations.
ReplyDeleteSalsa? I'm an addict. Couldn't live without it (that's what life in California and Texas can do to you). I love to put it on scrambled eggs. And everything else (everything except my clothes.....)
Okay, the hair color/dish soap random thought really had me laughing (and, trust me - I need a laugh).
Better wash your hair with Comet....and use a Brillo Pad....
Do they still make Brillo Pads?? I'm trapped in a Leave It To Beaver time zone.
Now you've got me laughing, Jon! Life's too darn short to take myself too seriously.
DeleteI never thought about putting salsa on eggs; that sounds seriously yum!
PS - The 'Leave it to Beaver' time zone's a comforting place in which to retreat now and then.
I just saw the selfie photo that you added to this post. Your hair color isn't bad at all.
DeleteComet won't be necessary...
Whew! :)
DeleteYou could set a trend with the hair color. I have seen a lot of "older" women with purple highlights in their hair, considering such myself. You may grow to love it?
ReplyDeleteI close my eyes a lot of times when hubby drives, its better than way :)
I love the newspaper article of you going away to horse camp. I love "small" newspapers for that very reason, fun to read what others are doing. Bet it was a blast indeed!
betty
Thanks for the support, but no, noo, NOO! Yes about small-town newspapers; I used to love reading their coverage of weddings and who wore what, etc.
DeleteI, too, want to HELP my husband when he drives and it is NOT appreciated!
ReplyDeleteA kindred spirit? ... Yay!
DeleteI want you to be brave and take a selfie and let us see the orange hair. Haha it might look good with a green Carnation haha I again. Except of course it's not time for the showing of The Green. My husband drives me crazy trying to help me when I drive because I refuse to ride with him and the driver seat. He makes me crazy so the only way we ride together is if I'm driving and then he screams at me to go go go and drop jump out in front of the traffic.
ReplyDeleteOK, it's going up ... jus' because you're so cute! :)
Delete'Swear, things look so different when I'm not in control of the brake pedal!
Oh no - orange hair? lol
ReplyDeleteThank goodness I'm an Auburn fan, huh? I think there's a hoodie somewhere that will match. LOL.
DeleteWhat? No pictures? Don't leave us hanging, Myra!! Good luck.
ReplyDeleteOK, OK! ...By this age, it's near impossible to embarrass me. Selfie going up!
DeleteI adore that picture of you with the green carnation. Have you ever told your hubby about how you miss getting the green carnations from your father? I have a feeling he'd be happy to continue the tradition for you.
ReplyDeleteI do like salsa, but I like picante even better. Like Jon, I like a bit of it on scrambled eggs every now and then.
Um, sorry about the orange hair. At least you stand out in a crowd?
I've not mentioned in the past, but I reeeeeally appreciate the larger font on your blog. My old eyes appreciate the heck out of it.
Thanks, Susan! I've probably mentioned the carnation custom, but the mister doesn't get it. I could buy my own, but need to wallow every now and then. :) Jus' grateful for the memories.
DeleteI think you hair looks great! What an amazing camp experience to have 8 weeks with horses! Wow!! My dad always bought his girls earrings for Christmas. He picked them out and wrapped them. He died on December 12th, but already had the earrings ready for us. I've never worn them. I understand.
ReplyDeleteRemarkable, the man who took time to personally gift his loves. Poignant!
DeleteI, too, think your hair looks fabulous! Nice do. Fun hodgepodge. Have a good week!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Ellen! Hodgepodging is fun, indeed!
DeleteAs always I loved the entry. As I read I wish I could think of answers so catchy!
ReplyDeleteLove from up In North Carolina...
Aw, you say the sweetest things! Love right back-at-cha from Bama!
DeleteI like green carnations too. I also happen to LOVE your hair color.
ReplyDeleteYay for the oft-times maligned carnation. Thanks so much!
DeleteHow are you adjusting to Alabama humidity? July and August will be interesting where you live down there.
ReplyDelete"Interesting" -- that's a cute choice of words ..... tho' I'm skeptical if anything can be as horrid as Phoenix.
DeleteWhat a fun theme to run with. You always do have some interesting thoughts and I love that selfie!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much, Ma! Have a super Thursday!
DeleteI LOVE THE NEW PIC of the NEW YOU.... looks so good to SEE you there...
ReplyDeleteThe new, old me ... hee-hee! Thanks, Sandra!
DeleteI'll have to think twice before helping someone again. This morning I saw an old lady standing by the edge of the sidewalk looking left and right. I got hold of her arm and gently helped her across the road. When we had crossed she hit me with her umbrella because I had made her miss her bus on the other side where she was waiting !!!
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
Bahahaha!
DeleteThat was sweet of your dad with the carnation. Ha, Ha, Mark doesn't appreciate my words when he is driving either! Now that's an amazing memory from when your were 12 years old. I think you hair looks cute that color but since you're not happy with it, what happened? New hairdresser?
ReplyDeleteYes, I had to find a new hairdresser when we moved. Stress-FULL!
Delete