Thank you, Joyce!
What do you make more complicated than it needs to be?
Following a new-to-me recipe.
What impresses you?
Hmm, that's a toss-up.
Well-mannered children and
those men and women who -- no matter their station -- walk their talk. I've been blessed to know a few.
On a scale of one-to-ten, how picky of an eater are you? (1= extremely and 10= not at all).
Let's go with 8.
I love to eat, but some things are a hard no. (Liver and sushi, for example.)
If you had to eat a meal made entirely of one color, what color would you choose?
Brown!
Let's begin with garlic butter escargot, then ...
a cup of French onion soup ... followed by a
juicy rib-eye ...
and finish with a cup of espresso
What does balance in life mean to you? Does your life currently feel 'balanced'?
I could complain about the hours spent commuting to and sitting in medical facilities -- but what's the point?
Everyone has a story; and like my son says, there's nothing quite as humbling as visiting a VA Hospital.
This meme made me giggle.
and the cuisine far more palatable.


.jpg)


I would say world travel has lost some of its appeal for me and I'm glad I saw so much of it a decade ago. I am also impressed by those who walk the talk. They're still out there! Have a nice day.
ReplyDeleteTrue, I wouldn't take for my earlier memories.
DeleteOh yes! I get that with new recipes! I struggle with new ones.
ReplyDeleteI will always say no to eating liver and I am not keen on sushi either. Yum to your brown meal!
So glad I'm not the only one!
DeleteNew recipes can be a struggle for me, too. I did get such a kick out of your meme, too, Myra. That's just how I feel some days!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Martha!
Deletethecontemplativecat here. These are exactly what I feel and think. Your photos and memes are totally accurate.
ReplyDeleteGreat minds think alike!
DeleteI like good food and am not picky at all. The only food I didn't like was chicken gizzards, which my dad loved. I'd gag every time we had them. As far as travel goes I'm content to view the world from the porch! Never forget, you are never too old to dream! Love, ma
ReplyDeleteI don't think I've ever heard of someone eating gizzards on purpose, lol!
DeleteWell-mannered children definitely leave a wonderful impression! I enjoyed all your answers this afternoon!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Jennifer!
DeleteI understand that about a recipe. Mark's been doing a lot of cooking and there have been a few that just were not good recipes. I like your answer for what impresses you. I agree with you on liver and sushi. Yum on the brown food. I think medical places over book! That's a funny meme. I've never been on a cruise.
ReplyDeleteI love a man who knows his way around a kitchen!
DeleteWas that really octopus? Oh my! I can't even fathom anyone eating that! I tried squid once only because I didn't know that was what it was, and I was not impressed with its chewy-ness. NEver again. I personally have no desire to travel by ocean liner. I need to have my feet within a few feet of solid ground...except for when I am flying. I don't mind flying short trips, say, 3 hours or less. But I have no desire to do that either these days.I wouldn't mind seeing some parts of Europe, and the British Isles, but there are so many places here in the USA I'd love to see as well. A nice peaceful road trip taking the back roads through the country would be nice. Escargot? Really? Now, the juicy ribeye would definitely be on my list!!
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a lovely rest of your day/week.
Yes, it really was! And no, I wasn't even tempted to try. That vacation to Greece was the only one I actually lost weight!
DeleteDefinitely a brown meal...you have made my mouth water just reading about it.
ReplyDeleteLiver is very high on my NO list too.
I have seen a lot of the world and would love to see more of Europe. Its not going to happen so I am content with my memories.
I think I am impressed with how inventions happen and how someone thought them up.
Well behaved and manners children is top on the list too. Isn't it sad that that has to be unusual?
No, our life at the moment isn't very balanced but considering the alternative, I'll take it.
hugs
Sue
Ooooh yes, those who conceptualize something and make it actually happen. Do you ever watch Shark Tank?
DeleteYes I have..I find it fascinating how things are invented.
DeleteSue
I like your brown meal except for the escargot. And yes, being 8 was a good year. Childhood generally.
ReplyDeleteLife is getting so difficult that it interferes with my dreams. The other day I dreamt I was in church listening to a long and tedious sermon. My wife woke me up and I was ...
God bless.
.... hahaha!
DeleteI don't think I will go on a ship with the virus's - lol.
ReplyDeleteAnd I make my own life difficult.
And I agree - sit and people look and you will feel grateful to be you!
That's a great point, Sandie!
DeleteBrown sounds good to me (except the escargot! - I've never tried it and I'm not sure . . .). At 8, life was good :-). Life is still good - just different!
ReplyDeleteYes, hindsight's often a thief of joy.
DeleteA brown meal sounds pretty good, but I would swap out the escargot for a brownie.
ReplyDeleteYum!
DeleteGreat answers, and I could go for all brown! I'm stealing your meme about stress for FB. So funny (and true!)! Love ya, my friend!
ReplyDeleteWasn't that a hoot?!
DeleteI am right there with you on the liver. It is a hard no go for me.
ReplyDeleteBrown meal? Yes! Chocolate milk shake, steak, baked potato (skin on), toast, and every other chocolate item
There you go!
DeleteThank you for that meme! I'm still smiling. ❤️
ReplyDeleteMe, too!
DeleteI'm sad that I had to miss Joyce's questions yesterday... Wonderful answers Myra and most of them are pretty close to what I would have said. I had no idea that I liked escargot until I tried it on a cruise...It really is very good. Brown may not be exactly pleasing to the eyes (when on a plate) BUT...those brown foods sure are good and they never disappoint me. (NO liver and onions!!). Hope your heart is healing...still keeping you in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, dear lady.
DeleteThanks for the smiles...I am finally catching up. Wishing you a beautiful day my friend.
ReplyDelete😊
DeleteIf I could travel the world for a year...I wouldn't! That might sound odd coming from someone that likes to travel but two weeks and a few days is my ideal trip. No matter how interesting I start to get anxious for home. My bed, my routine and my friends.
ReplyDelete💯! Thanks for the reality check.
DeleteOh to be 8 years old again! Only if I can take all I've learned on the journey with me. Mr D and I are not travelers, there are a lot of places I would like to see if only I could close my eyes and twitch my nose and be there! :))
ReplyDelete💛 Yes!
Delete