Wednesday, April 15, 2026

Watercooler Wednesday

 



Welcome back to the Watercooler!




I lifted this week's question from Facebook:

If you could go back to when you were 17 years old and throw your own sock hop -- what groups or singers would you book to play?



I'll start!! 
The Hollies, Monkees, Stones, Procol Harum ...

..... for the Good Times! 









Hugs, Myra








18 comments:

  1. What a great selection of groups. I always said you would have been ideal at picking records for my radio show back then. I would add Beatles, Beach Boys, and some Country Music like Bobby Bare, Don Williams and Tom T Hall.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elvis, Ricky Nelson. Beach Boys, Perry Como... I really wasn't into the major Fan-dom. I do remember being in the car with my Mom and a new song by Tab Hunter came on the radio. I was kind of swoony over it and my Mom was rolling her eyes..haha..
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I remember the "momma eye-roll" (ca. 1964). I still love listening to Perry Como.

      Delete
  3. Santana, Credence Clearwater Rivival, Grateful Dead, Jefferson Airplane, Doobie Brothers -it was a good year for music.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Bee Gees and The Beach Boys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes to the Stones! Blood Sweat & Tears, Eagles, ELO, Crosby Stills Nash & Young... the list could get long!! CCR, Santana, Alabama. Those were the days, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Back in the day, I loved Paul Revere and the Raiders, The Monkees, Herman's Hermits, and the Beatles. That's just a starter! Thanks for the memories, Myra!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Myra, for the smiles. Wishing you all a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are some great bands. I don't know who Procol Harum is.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Your comments mean the world to me!