Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Tuesday 4

 

Welcome to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4 ... new topics to discuss each week!  Today?  We're talking true crime ... and mystery!




Was there a notorious crime in the news that caught your attention or interest?  Did you follow that case to its conclusions?  If there was no solution, do you pay attention to news about the case long after?

At the risk of sounding like a cliche, the O.J. Simpson murder trial had me captivated.  Yes, I was spell-bound by the chase ... I so wanted him to be innocent.


Does the mystery genre of literature and movies interest you?
You bet-cha!

Does any one book, series or movie stand out for you?

Book:  The Silent Patient
Series:  Murder, She Wrote (runner up, Columbo)
Movie: No Way Out (runner up, Gone Baby, Gone)



Ever play Clue or any one of the new mystery games available?
Not yet.

Do you enjoy solving mysteries or puzzles?
Sure do (try)!


Some towns are known for mysteries about what took place there.  Do you have something like that in your town or state?
I'm sure there are, but I'm not familiar with anything.

If not, how about telling us about something that has always puzzled you?
How about ... 
who REALLY killed JFK?




... how about you?

Hugs, Myra


27 comments:

  1. JFK...it's hard not to wonder. There is enough weirdness about that to warrant an investigation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JFK...government/CIA. ANYWAYS...I love mysteries too. Have a beautiful day friend. Nice to see you join in, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. about JFK, I don't think we know the truth or ever have or ever will about his death. it is an unsolved mystery for me. From age 10 to 15 I read every Nancy Drew Mystery and most of the Hardy Boys, over and over. the years were 1953 to 1959, written in the 30's and 40's. In the 60's they started changing them and I stopped reading them. I like a who done it, but in the Baldacci, Box, Patterson, not the ones that say Mystery genre. i want action and things going boom and fist fights, not the simple unravel the mystery type. hope that makes sense. I loved No Way Out. i have NO CLUE what clue is, so I guess I have not played it. In fact the last game I played would have been before 1963 when I moved out of my parents home. before that i played games under duress like candyland, monopoly, chinese checkers, checkers and Sorry and Scrabble. my brother beat me in every game every time and he refused to play Scrabble because i always beat him. had to play that with mother. daddy never met a game he did not hate. ha ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. There's a thin line between the two genres. Often I'm confused -- is this a mystery or a thriller?

      Delete
  4. O.J. Simpson is a great answer and also who killed J. F. K.???

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not much of a mysteriy fan unless it also has some romance combined in it. I read a lot and love Nora Roberts she always keeps my interest. No mysteries here in my town. I don't really like to watch much news, It's mostly too depressing. I have played clue many times before, but really like monopoly. Interesting topic today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a good mystery or thriller!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Re: OJ Simpson trial, we watched every minute of it. I fully expected him to be found guilty, but those stupid gloves didn't fit so they had to acquit. But we ALL knew he did it... Re: JFK...I hope we can find out the answer to that before we leave earth, but I have a feeling we won't know for sure until we get to heaven, IF then! I definitely don't think Oswald did it, or if he did, it certainly wasn't alone. Never played CLUE? Oh my!! You must...Colonel Mustard did it in the parlor with the knife!! LOL. Enjoyed your answers...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Sometimes our (so-called) justice system stinks.

      Delete
  8. So ... you like mystery books? Wait for the next Fr Ignatius book. I am stuck for a solution right now. Got the plot almost there but I can't solve it. Hopefully I'll finish the book and publish it soon.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure do! I'm looking forward to reading your latest!

      Delete
  9. Yes, indeed re: JFK. That was my answer to #1. I wanted O.J. to be innocent and I also wanted Pete Rose to be innocent. Disappointed in both. Another fun Q & A!! Love & hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd forgotten all about Pete Rose. My (former) hubby loved him; many people did.

      Delete
  10. I agree…who really did kill JFK? I love to watch all the documentaries.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I actually cried when I heard the verdict for OJ. I was hoping he would be found guilty. His life sure hasn't been the same since then, has it? I keep seeing the Silent Patient for books to check out. I might have to check it out sometime! I like the game of Clue; haven't played it in awhile but always fun. I think they even have a Clue, Jr for the "little ones".

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remembering, I'm still stunned by that verdict. The Silent Patient is one of the best things I've ever read ... never in a million years could I have predicted the ending.

      Delete
  12. My little hometown has some murders in it’s past. Also a 17 year old went missing about 25 years ago. We have kin folk in common and my Mom knew her grandparents and worked with her father at the time. Never been solved.
    Yes, OJ kept my interest also.
    Take care, Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is best my comment be left unsaid. Many murders and crimes are never solved. Very sad.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Your comments mean the world to me!