Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Put Another Nickel In!

 


Music, Music, Music!

Welcome back to Tuesday 4, where Anne keeps Toni Taddao's weekly blog post alive!   Today she asks .....



What kind of music do you like the best?

That depends on my mood.  It's a toss-up between Country and Traditional Pop.  You know -- Connie Francis, Nat King Cole, Al Martino  .... 

Don't forget the lyrics!   



Does the radio play in your car; and if so, what station or kind of music plays?

I was sure startled to get in my car at the shop and hear music coming from the dashboard.  I'd probably forgotten it had a radio!

Does music play in your home often?

Not so much.  Unless I have to dust or vacuum .. and need some Fleetwood Mac to get motivated



What do you think of the music played in restaurants or stores?  Do you find it relaxing or annoying?

I think it's fun!
... and a great marketing ploy, considering I'm apt to linger in the aisles while an old favorite's playing.



What part has music played in your life?  What kind of music played at your wedding or at parties you have been to?

There's no way I could comprehend my life without music!   The soundtrack of my life is as varied, as vibrant as a kaleidoscope.






Thank you for the music!


How would you respond?
I'd love to hear!


Hugs, Myra









34 comments:

  1. One of my pet peeves is music in a resturant. makes me crazy and most of it is something i would never listen to. of course i can rant now because have not been in a restruant for 2 years, ONE time in Golden Corral. that is it.
    w

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally forgot to mention restaurants. We don't enjoy noisy venues, either; and it makes eavesdropping on nearby conversations nearly impossible. LOL!

      Delete
  2. I went from my younger years of whipping through housework with radio blasting to no way i can whip and blasting radio gets on my last nerve. I do love music with a beat, the kind with drums and booming bass, that makes me walk/dance while shopping in WM. they play country at 6 am and I find myself dancing not walking and once a lady laughed and said keep dancing when I stopped looking mortifed when she was staring

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a breath of fresh air you are! I bet you made that lady's day!

      Delete
  3. There is no doubt that music brings back a lot of memories. I happened to watch a commercial on TV the other day that was selling old time music from my teen years. The memories those songs brought flashed be for my eyes. I hadn't thought of some of those songs in years, but when they played they were like greeting old friends. I haven't managed to master my car radio and can only get one station on it and I don't like it at all. But in the house I usually have the radio on. It keeps me company most of the day. It's way better than watching the news on TV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! And have you noticed how many commercials are featuring music from the 60's in the background?

      Delete
  4. My opinions of music are in the minority. Because of the implants very little sound is good. BUT YES i have started listening to the radio in the car IF I am alone. I tune to NPR and the classical station. I am trying to Learn over the sounds. I have seldom listened to Classical in my life time.
    MUSIC was very high during our dating years in the mid 50s. WE enjoyed most Rock and Roll and of course Dean Martin. (Amore', Memories are made of This, etc)
    Good one, a thought kicker-in.
    Sherry & jack (she will be by later)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dean was the best! I wasn't buying records back in the 50's, but sure love listening to that era today.

      Delete
  5. I think a lot of responses are the same as mine would be: ABBA, Nat King Cole, Fleetwood Mac, Country and Pop.

    I always used John Miles' Music was my first love" to end my radio programs. Towards the end there is a long instrumental bit for me to fade the music and say my goodbyes.

    Here's the record: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfifoXL-D-g

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great song! I wasn't familiar with John Miles, so I appreciate you sharing this link!

      Delete
  6. I love music and listen to it more often than not.
    Thank you for sharing Abba with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely enjoyed reading your answers. Music and books were not part of my parents lives and I just didn't get into either of those. However I have grown to love music and one of these days I am going to start reading the 500 romance novels in my Kindle app. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don’t listen to music very often, except for the tunes playing in my head. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoy pop music too (although I didn't put that in my answers). Love that you stick around shopping to hear the complete song playing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so appreciative of my mask, so no-one can see my lips moving along!

      Delete
  10. Growing up, my mom had the radio on all day while she was working around the house and doing her crafts. I tend to like it quiet :) I do like to listen to praise music though :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it curious, when I was young 'quiet' used to bug me; now I find it soothing.

      Delete
  11. I forgot about Abba! I did enjoy their music. I love to listen to music. Today I was listening to Christian and later I watched a YouTube video of Phantom of the Opera because I love the music. I agree, my mood can determine what I want to hear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The soundtrack from Phantom of the Opera is one of my favorite CD's!

      Delete
  12. Music has always been a big part of my life growing up and into adulthood, but as I've aged (haven't we all!), I find I love the silence even more. We do listen to some classic country when playing our nightly rounds of backgammon, and I do have to say that is fun!
    Blessings, Myra!

    ReplyDelete
  13. "The soundtrack of my life is as varied, as vibrant as a kaleidoscope."---wow, love that thought, grin...and p.s. you asked a few days ago what kind of coffee will I buy when we move south? WHO KNOWS! LOLOLOLOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am late getting to my friends! I'm just not that into music anymore so was a bit lost on this week's questions. I do like Abba! xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I listen to music just about every day and it's a mix of classic rock, country and standards -- think Frank Sinatra. The only music I don't enjoy in public is the mix while I'm at physical therapy. Nothing to hum along to. Not a fan of it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You made this fun. I didn't get around to doing this one because my music taste is mostly Christian/sacred/hymns anymore. But I loved the music of the late 50's and 60's. Never really got into rock music in the 70's-90's. My kids did, and I mostly was trying to keep them from it...LOL. But I loved a lot of the music from the Rodgers and Hammerstein movies back in the day. I do love to hear some good oldies now and then, and then I wish I could dance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a big fan of Rogers + Hammerstein ... actually, 'old' Broadway. Can't say the same for modern rock. Beeesch!

      Delete
  17. I enjoyed your answers. My grandma Loved Nat King Cole. I love the quote you posted at the end about one song bringing back memories. It's so true!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have been on an Italian music kick lately. Lena Prima, Dean and Frank and Perry Como sigh, my mom loved Perry. My dad loved Mario Lanza and I love Andre Bocelli. But I also have been listening to Kane Brown the young country singer. I started to cry, he sings One Mississippi and sounds like Charlie Pride who I saw at the Colorado State Fair Fifty years ago! I love protest music, there are some great ones out there too. I also love BonJovi and Van Halen. No one in the world has amazingly talented as Eddie Van Halen was. He even had two US Patents for guitars he designed . He was an amazing person. I go through decades of music too. Oh Doris Day and nobody can make me feel faint like Johnny Mathis sigh......ever since I was a young girl. My sister Pat was friends with a girl who attended high school with Johnny. She said he was the sweetest guy. Kind and unassuming too. I sing to the dogs you know my cat yawns hahahaha! I often wonder why in Rock and Roll Girls, John Fogerty wanted to shuffle off to Buffalo....but his saxophone solo in the middle of the song is amazing. I have zero musical talent and yet I LOVE music! I love all your answers

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Your comments mean the world to me!