Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Late, late!

 

... for a very important date.  (With the Hodgepodge, that is.)    As ever, thanks to our host, Joyce, for letting us play in her yard!   

She asks .....



What do you wish you'd done more of last year?   Reading more good books v. Facebook.

Less of?  Stress eating, eating out of boredom.



What's the tallest building you've ever been in?

NYC's Empire State.

Do you have a fear of heights?

Somewhat, but nothing crippling.  



Do you have a word for the year?  Elaborate if you'd like.

Yes, it's Enthusiasm.  This is proving harder than I thought!



January 11 is National Milk Day.  Are you a milk drinker?  What kind?  Your favorite recipe that calls for milk?  (Cereal doesn't count!)   I'm not really a fan ... but wouldn't turn down a cold glass of almond milk with coffee ice cubes.





What excites you most about the future?

Keeping things light...

What do you miss about the past?











Insert your own random thought here.

How about a question for you?

Since yesterday's post, I've been thinking about that 2007 movie starring Morgan Freeman, "Gone Baby, Gone."   Like I was telling Sandra, Tom and I nearly went fist-to-cuffs over the ending.

I'm curious to hear your thoughts ...

Is it ever right to do something that is illegal and widely deemed to be immoral because you believe that it will lead to a better outcome?




Thanks so much for stopping by!  I'm looking forward to two four whole days with no appointments.

Hugs, Myra 









19 comments:

  1. Oh dear, where do I begin? Love the things you miss, except for the lady smoking. Can't say as I miss that. I am always amazed at how much they smoked in the old movies and TV shows in the 50's-60's, etc. Crazy. But, the Fondue Pot! I had one just like that, except I think mine was burnt orange, or was it harvest gold? Not sure, but I loved it. I remember one memorable party where this older than us couple invited us to their house for a fondue supper. We had never done that before. We sat on the floor around a big round coffee table and cooked steak and vegetables, etc. on the fondue pot like that. That was so much fun!! We were practically still newlyweds, and we just thought that was the neatest thing, so that is when we went out and bought one for ourselves. Re: last question. I'm not too sure that is is ever right to do something illegal AND immoral...but I guess it depends on what government is making the rules...there may come a day...well, 'nuff said. Have a wonderful rest of your week. I'm a bit behind in reading AND writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do people still fondue? Every now and then I get a tug to buy one, but not sure we'd actually use it. Food for thought (lol)!

      Delete
  2. I loved Johnny Carson! My Grandmother watched him every night religiously!!! Great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss all of those things represented in the photos, too. Elegance, sweetness, clean fun, and YES to someone pumping my gas and washing the windshield! Empire State Building for me too! Eating out of boredom. Sigh. and almond milk with coffee ice cubes sounds very good!! Hmmmm. Love ya, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea with no appointments for 4 days! I'm going to say "no" about your question about doing something illegal/immoral. I'm not familiar with the movie you mentioned, but I still think it is better to keep on the narrow path, so to speak, and live within God's law and let him right things :)

    I am going to have to try that almond milk with coffee ice cubes! A delightful summer treat I do believe! I saw that Scottsdale is getting a place called Buzzed Bull Creamery. You can get ice cream drinks with alcohol in it! They also have options of no alcohol. The Scottsdale one is due to open on the 19th of this month. Next month when we are drinking alcohol again, I plan on stopping by. Some of the drinks sound so yummy!

    https://www.buzzedbullcreamery.com/

    It is so easy to get sucked into Facebook. I'm trying to limit my time on it, usually by keeping busy doing something else :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I want to go there! One of the best drinks I ever had was a Mudslide, served at a Florida beach bar: Vodka, Kahlua, Bailey's and heavy cream. Yummmm!

      Delete
  5. wow, that glass of milk w/coffee cubes looks delish. i love iced coffee drinks. about reading, yesterday I started book #23 in a series by Fiona Quinn, i have read all 23 in the past 90 days. I downloaded to kindle 5 at a time, going down the list in order. I am sad that today I will finish the last one. your last question is hard to answer since I don't know what it was, but yes I do believe we sometimes might have to do something we should not for the greater good. I close with the only thing i miss from the past is my younger age. I want a time machine to go back at age 39 or 40 and stay there until i die.. I despise being OLD and decrepid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too. Only with all memories intact so I don't go making the same mistakes twice!

      Delete
  6. I often wonder whether the future has been reduced for a quick sale; seeing the way people behave these days. It's as if there's no tomorrow.

    Let us all grasp enthusiasm as a way of living, regardless how difficult it might be at times. Good choice of word, Mevely. I applaud you.

    Only this morning I woke up to find the car had a flat tire. It could have been worse. It could have been two flat tires. Grasped with enthusiasm I watched my wife change the tire for me. That's life!

    God bless. Keep smiling. It's infectious and would brighten someone's day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a guy! 😁
      Thanks for the vote of confidence; enthusiasm used to come to easily. I wonder what happened......

      Delete
  7. I'm not a normal coffee drinker but the glass of almond milk with coffee ice cubes looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really, it is! I've thought about using Kahlua cubes, but not sure it would freeze.

      Delete
  8. Love your answers for the first question. I agree, I did the same thing. I like your word for this year. I like almond milk too and yours sound yummy. I love the photos you shared from the past. Good question. I need to watch that movie again....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I once wrote a letter to Tom Landry. My uncle Tom loved the Cowboys and he wanted Tom Landry's book. I wrote him through the Christian Fellowship of Men. He did answer and hand signed the letter.I still have it tucked away in our safe box with birth certificates etc.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Your comments mean the world to me!