Paperwhites blooming on Pastor Janet's lot next door.
... and up the road a ways!
From our Meteorologist:
"If you had 'Everything but Locusts' on your Alabama Weather Bingo Card ...
come claim your prize!"
I was sooo glad to return to ladies Bible study Monday morning! It's all about the camaraderie. Altho' this new study has me feeling underwhelmed, I'm remembering how I felt about the last one in which I participated -- how I wished I wouldn't have to sit through the remaining 7 sessions. (Note to self: Be careful what you put out in the Universe!)
Tuesday brought another visit to the VA. But good news! It looks like Tom's eligible for a new set of hearing aids ... yeay!
Then UAB. (*sigh*)
Come to find out, as soon as Tom's infusion therapy 'stuff' concludes, we're to go back for more tests. His cardiologist wants to perform something called an atrial ablation.
At least we gave ourselves a consolation prize -- in the form of a visit to the Cheesecake Factory. I probably shouldn't say this out-loud, but perhaps, my biggest pleasure in life right now is good food.
... and their herb-crusted salmon is some of the best!
I'd been saving my 'cheat' day for something remarkable.
The Cinnabon Swirl fit the bill!
I hadn't counted on the sugar consumption (first since June 1) messing with my stomach ... but it was totally worth it!
So ya,yesterday was Epiphany. In a normal year, our tree would be boxed, the decorations put away.
I'm just not feeling it.
Even my beloved Mrs. Murphy's 'acorn spice' (handsoap). It may not lend itself to the season, but I was sad to see it's no longer available. Rather than a girly floral scent, I settled for something called 'oat blossom.' The forrest greens, the browns, the persimmons are staying!
* * *
Given my Word-of-the-Year, when I first wake up I've taken to asking myself, "What can I feel enthusiastic about today?" I really, truly had my heart set on a Springtime excursion to Florida.
Better I practice patience; set my sights on something closer to home. Like the FB quote I saw this morning:
"Sometimes God slows you down so that the evil ahead of you will pass before you get there. Your delay could mean your protection."
Or, He's got something better in mind.
Color me Looking for a Good Time,
Myra

Wishing you and Tom and your family the best of years with plenty of good things you have not even dreamt of.
ReplyDeleteI am praying for yours and Tom's good health.
Sometimes life seems to slow down a bit and things aren't moving as fast as we wish. Personally, I think these are the good times to savour.
God bless you and your family in 2022 and well beyond.
Thank you so much! 💜
DeleteYes, sometimes we do just need to "cool our jets" and sit tight and wait on God, because He always has something better than what we could imagine. I understand. I've been a little impatient lately, mostly because I just haven't felt up to par for a long while and I'm tired of it and want to get back to living life like I want to! One day at a time. I finally got the boxes into the house to start taking down the decorations/tree/village, etc. But I still just don't have the drive to do it. Maybe tomorrow. LOL. Crazy weather patterns out there, huh? At least we don't have snow, but we've had some chilly nights and mornings, but pretty nice afternoons. Again, we just have to be patient and wait on Spring and God. And I pray that Tom's health will continue to improve and that he is on the right path to healing. Hang in there my friend. God is still working on your behalf.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to hear you've been feeling poorly! Love your one-day-at-a-time philosophy; tomorrow's another day!
DeleteGlad you started your Bible study. I hope it goes well for you. Good new on the new hearing aids. I know someone who had that procedure and it worked well for her. Basically took minutes to do. I love everything about Cheesecake Factory. YUM!! I have a lung infection and can't even begin on taking down Christmas. I'm very sad about it. I love that quote you shared. Have a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteOh no on the lung infection! Please be kind to yourself, take your time and feel better soon!
DeleteOh my, that salmon looks absolutely delicious!
ReplyDelete😋
DeleteWell, if you change your mind and the planets align, you have a place to stay in Florida if you are so inclined. I understand the ablations work great for a-fib. The salmon and the dessert look delish!! xo
ReplyDeleteThank you so much ... I may just take you up on it someday!
DeleteYum on Cheesecake Factory! I don't eat sugar either and the few times I've eaten it in the last three year . . .it has done a number on my tummy, too! Which Bible study are you doing?
ReplyDeleteWho'd have thought? I actually threw away the last half. The new study is Jim Cymbala's 'Life-Changing Prayer.' Guess I've been spoiled by Priscilla Shrier.
DeletePriscilla Shrier is such a great teacher! Love her.
DeleteI'm curious too. What Bible study are you doing? If I remember correctly, an ablation is very helpful in controlling heart rhythms. Yum on the salmon and the cheesecake!! Worth every calorie indeed!
ReplyDeletebetty
It's Jim Cymbala's 'Life Changing Prayer.' We've only done the first session. Tony Robbins once said, as a young man he'd attend every lecture, every seminar there was. Some stunk, but if he came away with even a single good morsel, it was worth it.
Deleteflowers in the snow, wow and in Alabama. yay for hearing aids, bob's are now 7 years old and might as well be in the trash for the good they do. I have two friends who had the heart ablation, they both did really well with it and after it. of course there is the stress related to any health issue and DEALING with the details and visits. yum on the cheese cake. I have never tasted salmon other than salmon patties from a can. I can't make myself try it and i might like it. i don't care for fishy tasting fish, just white bland. good to hear you are back with your womens class.
ReplyDeleteLike you, I don't care for fish-tasting fish. I think I was in my mid-40's before I ever tried a bite of my DIL's salmon ... and was hooked! All the wasted years, LOL!
Delete"Sometimes God slows you down so that the evil ahead of you will pass before you get there. Your delay could mean your protection."---AMEN sister! I am a firm believer, friend.
ReplyDeleteKeeping you both in prayer, smiles.
🥰
DeleteNo doubt,He's got something better in mind for both you and me. I'd love to be visiting my son in Florida. I had made plans to go back every winter, but it's not happened yet. Glad Tom had some good news along with the bad. It helps, like a piece of sugar helps the medicine go down. There is a lot of good to be said about commodore. Nothing like have good friends to laugh with and enjoy! Hope you'll keep smiling today and enjoy whatever comes your way !
ReplyDeleteThank you so much!
DeleteYour dinner and dessert sure look amazing but goodness Myra I'm shocked to read back through your blog and find out what's been going on with Tom! I'm glad he is home now but sure sounds like there's still much to deal with. Sending thoughts, hugs, and prayers for both of you!
ReplyDeleteYa, it's a journey, but we're surrounded by lots of good medical personnel and friends. Thank you for being among them!
Delete"Color me Looking for a Good Time," I love it and I hope you find it!
ReplyDeleteJust gleen what you can from the study, all isn't lost! I love Bible studies although I haven't been in a while. My health issues and covid keep me close to home. Glad to hear hubby is getting help with new hearing aids. Mr D and I treat ourselves to that same consolation prize often!
ReplyDeleteLittle things mean a lot, don't they?
DeleteA friend of mine had the ablation in June and it's been very helpful for her AFib. Good wishes to Tom, too, if he decides to go ahead. I don't do a lot of sugar, either, but that cheesecake would certainly tempt me, and my stomach wouldn't be happy with me. Take care, my friend!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Carol! The jury's still out, but I'll keep all apprised.
DeleteHoping your Bible Study will get better as it goes. Our last one started a little slow, but it definitely got better and better as it went.
ReplyDeleteGood to know! Thanks, Cathy!
Delete:-)
ReplyDeleteJust good to see you here. :-)
ReplyDelete