"Oh no! 'Have to turn around and go back home, and just be late."
That was me, self-talking Monday morning. Rather than doing what I felt like -- staying home in my PJs, mindlessly scrolling through Facebook -- I'd made myself ready and drove the 2 miles to ladies Bible study. Only to discover when I pulled in the lot, I'd left my cell phone sitting on the kitchen counter.
"No, better go on inside and just pay attention."
(*Heavy sigh*)
When we began the new study, "12 Women of the Bible" I was prepared to be bored. I attend more for the shared camaraderie and caring.
When the video began, however, I was startled. Soon, captivated.
Who can't identify with the narrator's opening words:
"I hate waiting. I hate waiting for someone to call me back. I hate waiting for a parking space. I hate waiting in general. I think wait should be a 4-letter word."
Like last year's toilet paper, patience seems in short supply. For instance ...
I began a 30-day challenge on June 1. Determined to shed the unnecessary weight I've gained. It's not awful -- just frustrating. "2 ounces? Two lousy ounces?" (Me, snarling at the scale.)
I have to remember, this is going to be a lifestyle - not a sentence. I'm the prodigal daughter, returning with head bowed before the altar of Adkins. After all, he served me well for more than 4 decades.





What a lovely and varied post today. Thanx Mevely, I like it.
ReplyDeleteWhy not try this prayer: Dear Lord, please give me patience and be quick about it!
I also find that it helps to lose weight if, when you stand on the scales, you hold on to something. I do it in case I fall off the scale, and I've lost many pounds!
I hate those maps that say you are here. Especially if I'm walking round and the pointer saying HERE does not move on the map.
God bless.
I LIKE that prayer! Good one, Victor. 😀
DeleteWe enjoyed the video. THANKS It makes a good Sunday morning devotion, methinks. I like the Tee with the Proverb on it, sorta makes you smile.
ReplyDeleteAnyway very good post and great graphics.
Sherry & jack 'waiting!'
At least we ain't waiting for a baby! LOL
True, that! Thank you, my friends!
DeleteThat was a great Bible study video! I hadn't thought that God loves the word wait. It puts things in such a different perspective when being in a waiting season. It sounds likes an interesting Bible study too!
ReplyDeleteSlow and steady wins the race with weight loss though it is frustrating when you are doing the best you can with it and the scale refuses to budge much. It will eventually come off if you stick with your plan :)
You too have a fantastic Sunday Myra!
betty
I agree! We're only on Session 4, but I'm already thinking of putting the DVD on my Amazon wish list.
DeleteI think it takes a few weeks for our bodies to catch on to changes in diet, at least that's how it seems to me. It took me a few weeks to start losing but it's been slow and steady since then. The memes are funny! :D
ReplyDeleteThat makes sense. I'm not giving up!
Delete{{grin}} You can come work with me in the warehouse, Myra. Oh, you'll feel like a Mack truck hit you, but I am assured that when my body finally gets right, it will be much better, LOLOLOL.
ReplyDelete...at my old ripe age of 54, I no longer care about loosing weight etc. now its just survival mode.---I have seen that video before. Smiles (ps and everyone knows I have patience of a knat, just saying, lololol). Thank you for the many smiles, my friend.
Oh my word, girl! What you experience? I'd be laying prostrate wishing a Mack truck would come my way.
DeleteLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. I about spat out my coffee, thanks. smiles
Deletei went to a few video classes and nearly died of boredom, years ago. but this lady is GOOD, her voice, and the way she speaks pulls us into what she is saying. I wish I were there to go to the study, if this is the video teacher you have.
ReplyDeleteWaiting makes ME CRAZY! he had me in the first few sentences and so true. all the phases of our lives we are waiting for something and will until we die
hang in with Doc Atkins... I am hanging in with my plan, day 13 and counting. I am down 4 lbs. I count calories, and eat healthy.. if you right down your food you might find you are eating a ton of calories . losing weight is about how many calories we eat, no matter what the food is, and how much we burn off. i stay at 1250 calories and excercise 30 minutes to an hour a day
Isn't she awesome? Guess what? I'm down 4 lbs., too, in the same amount of days. 7 to go!
DeleteI think the Pandemic has made me not care as much about doing things - I have to force myself to go out too.
ReplyDeleteThanks for saying that ... good to know I'm not alone.
DeleteThe trouble with dieting is it focuses too much on the scale and even if you achieve your desired weight it's hard to maintain it. What worked for me was to focus on a healthy diet and find things I enjoyed doing even more than eating.
ReplyDeleteGood point! Now if I could only discover something I enjoy more than eating. 🤔
DeleteI liked the video and will go to look for more of her. Thank you! Yes, I hate waiting too and struggle with patience all the time but I am getting better at recognizing and accepting things in God's time. God is in control. Great post, Myra!! xo
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy you enjoyed it, too!
DeleteGlad you pushed yourself to go. Sorry about your phone. That's a great opening line. I am going to save this post and watch the video when I have time.
ReplyDeleteI hope you like it, Debby!
DeleteGreat message about "waiting". Funny, our pastor preached about Hannah last week! Must be a message I am supposed to hear. Thank you for sharing this. I loved your post...
ReplyDeleteWhat a coincidence! Thank you for your kind words!
DeleteWaiting is never easy for any of us, Myra, and that patience was truly tried during the pandemic. Love the memes, too!
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
Thank you so much! 😘
DeleteI do believe good things come to those who wait. Nothing in life comes easily. It is unnerving to be with out a phone these days but somehow we made it through many years without having them at all. Hope you had a great Sunday and will have a great week ahead
ReplyDeleteIsn't it? (Unnerving, I mean.) Doesn't seem that long ago all we had was our CB radio and change for a pay phone.
DeleteThis post was written for me. Were you reading my mind? Heeheehee....the way the world is headed, and not in a good way, I have decided to let go of worry about weight. I believe we will experience something as difficult as the Great Depression. SOmedays I do well eating healthy, other days I feel like a blob eating all the junk. I tohught of getting my knee injected again but hate the waiting to get an appt. So I found my excerises and truly, they are so much better for me than all the pills and shots and chemical laden stuff out there. Now I am working on eating those more healthful treats. :-) ENjoy your week! HUGS
ReplyDelete