Sunday, June 27, 2021

Sunday Smiles

 


Have you ever been walking down the street and realize that you're going in the complete opposite direction of where you are supposed to be going?

But! Instead of just turning a 180 and walking back in the direction from which you came, you have to first do something -- like check your watch, or phone, or make a grand arm gesture and mutter to yourself -- to ensure to no-one in the surrounding area thinks you're crazy by randomly switching directions on the sidewalk.








Every time I have to spell a word over the phone, 'as in' examples, I will undoubtedly draw a blank and sound like a complete idiot.  Today I had to spell my boss' last name to an attorney and said, 'Yes, that's G as in ... (10 second lapse) ... ummm ... Goonies.'









Why is it, that during an ice-breaker, when the whole room has to go around and say their name and where they are from, I get so incredibly nervous?  Like, I know my name, I know where I'm from. This shouldn't be a problem .....







And finally ..

I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger!




Happy Sunday, y'all!
Hugs, Myra







31 comments:

  1. I myself have asked a person to repeat a couple of times and still it doesn't make sense!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to Salem's to get Bob a Philly cheesesteak this past week the girl behind the counter had on a mask and she talks really fast and she talked low. Everything she said to me and I had to do it three times I had to ask her at least twice and sometimes three times what she said. I wanted to say each time you ask me a question you know I'm not understanding what you say can't you talk a little louder? And I have it happened to when people will say a certain word and that one word will not come through to my brain and I've had to ask so many times I feel like an idiot! I have literally done the first one a couple of times you feel like an idiot turning around because you went the wrong way. I have always had a hard time feeling anything out loud writing is not a problem most of the time but saying it out loud is. All of these are supposed to be funny but actually it's a little bit sad and a little bit funny too. The problem with the Icebreaker if they go around the room and asked me my name and where I'm from I can never just say my name and where I'm from I have to go into a long speech that nobody wants to hear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually apt to tell them I'm hard of hearing. They give me this pity look -- but then they do speak up. Maybe I should get a fake hearing aid. LOL.

      Delete
  3. LOL with not understanding what someone is saying and having to ask them to repeat it several times. I find with people wearing masks it is often hard to figure out what they are saying. They take the mask down and repeat the phrase and then I get what they have been trying to say!

    I like to always go first with icebreakers if I can. Just like in school when giving speeches. I wanted to get it out of the way and could enjoy then listening to other peoples' answers.

    Have a great Sunday!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Long, long ago my mother's pet peeve was those people who don't enunciate. It's always something, isn't it?

      Delete
  4. LOL, a big YES to every single one of these! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why is it when I'm on a phone conversation and have to spell a word I forget the phonetic alphabet. A for Alpha, B for Bravo but what does V stand for?

    Once during a business meeting, as an ice breaker we were asked to give our name and say something about ourselves. Someone said, "I'm Mary. I'm married and have two children". Someone else said, "I'm John and I like fishing", and so on.

    The guy leading the meeting was writing all this down on a board. I did not know what to say about myself. When it came to my turn I said, "I'm Vic and I wrestle crocodiles!"

    To be fair to him, the man did not flinch and wrote next to my name, "wrestles crocodiles".

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why be ordinary?! Hmmm, still trying to think what V stands for. (*wink*)

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the giggles, Myra!! Wishing you a blessed week ahead, dear friend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always a hoot over here at your place! Thanks for the laughs...at myself as well. Yep, I am guilty of too many of those things to admit...and spelling out those names things...I never can think of something smart quick enough: P is for pajamas, a is for apple, m is for Mary, (but I'm not Mary), e is for elephant? L is for lollipop, a is for another apple? LOL. I don't know. I always feels so G is for Goofy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pam! Ya, that one made me realize some folks on Family Feud (and other game shows) aren't so slow after all.

      Delete
  8. Thanks for the funnies, Myra! Right now, I sure did appreciate the laugh.
    Blessings for a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know, Martha! Blessings to you and Danny!

      Delete
  9. {{{Grinning}}} Thanks Myra...I hope you have a beautiful day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with you I love naps. It's too bad the young ones don't appreciate them. They are on my schedule every day ! I'v don the walking thing so many times, I hate to think about. I walk into the kitchen and say now what did I come here for? The finally remember I need a paper towel. Thanks for the smiles. I'm laughing at myself more and more everyday !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love every single one of these and can actually identify with each of them too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I Sherry let me know I missed this. We didn't comment. LOL Just wanted to say I loved it. I did smile at the graphic of what three times and then agree.
    YEP, ME! (many times)
    And 'G' as in........... G-whiz! And Once I asked Google something got the answer and said thank you. My phone came back with a YOu are welcome. Some programmers are witty.
    Anyway. enjoyed the entire read.
    Sherry & jack playing in the yard, and tired....

    ReplyDelete
  13. My maiden name started with the letter V. My parents always said V for victor, so that one is easy, but put me on the spot, and it is no telling what word I will come up for any given letter. I have often come up with words that had the person on the other end of the line giggle out loud; but I'll be darn if I can think of any of my goofiest ones right now. I remember once using hedgehog for H, and that was one of my more normal ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally get this! No wonder we see people on Family Feud or other games shows drawing a blank.

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Your comments mean the world to me!