East side, west side, all around our town .......
Thank you, Target!
..... Although this morning I witnessed an SUV blow through like he owned the place. Good thing I still had my gaiter up, covering my mouth so no-one could read my lips.
and finally ...
No doubt some Girl Scouts moms will disagree, but. I no longer carry cash and won't keep cookies in the house. So why do I feel so guilty disappointing an 8 year old?
Same for those bell ringers. My charitable giving is done elecronically -- and privately.
Thank you, Publix!
T-t-that's all, folks!
Have a good evening ... sweet dreams.
Hugs, Myra






I definitely enjoyed the graphics and the read, and of course your opinion. I am not a fan of folks outside any business, however I have known some who knew how to make you feel OK by walking by with a smile.
ReplyDeleteSherry & jack just getting things done.
Thanks, Jack. Maybe I needn't have been so candid but hey. That's what struck me at the time. It's all good!
DeleteSomeone doesn't know how to do the math on the "buy one for the price of two and get the second one free" lol :)
ReplyDeleteI was actually glad this year at Girl Scout cookie time that although they were at grocery store entrances they weren't as "pushy" as last year when they would ask if you wanted to buy a box of cookies. I must be the only one that doesn't like Girl Scout cookies :) I do appreciate a business though that puts up a sign like that. Wish more did!
betty
Me, too. Seems every other week our Wal-Mart has a card table out front soliciting for one church's charity or another.
DeleteThank you for the laughs. I love the "buy one for the price of two..."
ReplyDeleteSo glad you liked this!
DeleteI agree with the last notice. We used to have neighbours calling every now and then door-to-door collecting for charity. It's embarrassing when it's neighbours because you can't tell them to go away.
ReplyDeleteOnce a man called and said he was collecting for fallen women. I told him I haven't got any.
I have now put a notice of my own on our front door. It says, "WELCOME - GO AWAY"
God bless.
Hahaha! When we lived in Arizona Tom was all the time buying raffle tickets, etc. from the neighbor's children - probably because we liked their parents.
DeleteGreat signs! The buy one for the price of two is great! I think that is what most of those buy one get one free scams are... Although I once was a Girl Scout and selling cookies was our big fund raiser for the year, but we went door to door back in those days when it was still safe to do so. Now setting up outside stores is about the only way they can do it safely. However, since the GS now support Planned Parenthood and are teaching the girls other things that I do not agree with, I no longer support the organization. However, it is hard to pass up the thin mint cookies once a year...
ReplyDeleteI, too, used to peddle cookies door-to-door -- but had no idea GS now supports Planned Parenthood. 😞 I'm afraid to ask, what's next?
DeleteGreat idea Publix, I do believe my employer has the nearly the same sign. Thanks Myra for the smiles.
ReplyDelete😃 Have a great day, friend!
DeleteThe signs are great, Myra! I must say the gun one is my favorite.
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
Mine, too. I smile every time we go in there. He has another: "Sure, you can have my guns. Soon as I run out of bullets."
DeleteGreat signs! I wonder if Publix really will stick to that when it comes to the Girl Scouts and the bell ringers.
ReplyDeleteHmmmm. I wonder!
Deletei wish our stores had signs like the last one, it aggravates me when there are people selling or asking for donations.. love the animal care sign, i am thinking i would like that office. no joking around in our vets office, i hate the place and don't like most of the people. that said we live in an area where it takes 2 weeks to get an appointment with any vet and a lot take a month to get a first appt for a new patient, they are over run. i sincerely hope people do not start to carry guns in walmart. gun violence is out of control and all we need is angry people with guns in stores. last week a man got nasty about checking himself out and if he had a gun might have shot someone. or someone shoot him to shut him up
ReplyDeleteCertainly those un-hinged kind are scary! Almost everyone we know here carries protection. I still remember what you said about learning the location of all exits at Wal-Mart.
DeleteSome of these made me laugh especially the belly rubs. lol
ReplyDelete😁 Yes!
DeleteCute signs, I like the one about belly rubs included. My father once said he wasn't shopping at Target because they wouldn't let the vets sell their poppies outside the store. But I can see their point of view. We can always give when we want to, but not while shopping there. I like Target and go there often.
ReplyDeleteInteresting about Target! I didn't know that! My dad always bought his poppy from the Vets in front of the Post Office.
DeleteI enjoyed the chuckles and also thank Publix!! xo
ReplyDelete😍 Thanks!
DeleteI LOVED these expecially buy one get------hahaha I wonder if Stephen Hawkin would be able to decipher that? I sm very selective in giving to charity. I do not need to supple wealth to an already wealthy CEO (Goodwill). I donate regularly to Ronald McDOnald House and St.Judes. A few local charities that use every penney to help the homeless and abused women shelters. The Girl Scouts became too radical for me. No thank you plus those cookies do not need to be in my house. LOL!
ReplyDelete