Yikes! What's happening to my mind?
Last night I had to throw away a perfectly good 3-lb. package of ground beef. You see, while getting steaks out of the freezer yesterday morning, I grabbed the frozen burger, too -- figuring I'd fry it all up a little later.
Except. When straightening the kitchen before going to bed I'm like, "What's that grocery sack on top of the microwave?" Uh-oh. (Well, that's not exactly what I said.)
That's not all .....
One minute I'm headed out the back gate with the trash bag in hand -- only to realize the big bin's not there! Nope, I'd walked right past the green Waste Management receptacle that we'd moved back inside the yard after the patio pour.
And wouldn't you know, Tom was standing in the sun room watching me and chuckling.
But wait, there's more!



Do not fret. This is normal. We're all under stress these days with one thing or another. I find I'm doing just the same, like searching for something that is there on the table all the time.
ReplyDeleteIn English cricket there's a term called night-watchman. This is a batsman who comes in at the end of the day. His role is to do nothing too adventurous to lose a wicket, (a player). He just bats carefully until the empire declares it is too dark to play.
Sometimes in life we are in night-watchman mode. Life gets too complicated. The thing to do is to move slowly, carefully, and not do anything too rash. I think we're going through such a period in life right now. There's been so many things going wrong/not working at the moment.
Take care. God bless.
That's fascinating! Truly, it makes sense. Thank you for sharing this information.
DeleteThis is so stinking SWEET. It is nice to know someone else makes some 'small' mistakes. LOL
ReplyDeleteWe did enjoy the time at your house tonight. I must say THANKS. Ask Tom to just add water. (ouch!)
Fortunately Sherry drinks what ever jack brews. (Except when HE forgets to have it ready and she press the on button and NOTHING comes out.) LOL
Love you guys over there, have a great week.
Sherry & jack watching the clouds come over that y'all send.
Aw, I'm blushing. Love y'all!
DeleteOh my gosh, I'm sorry to be laughing, Myra! Join the club!! Tomorrow will be better, tomorrow will be better, tomorrow will be better..... xo
ReplyDeleteYes, it IS!
DeleteSeriously the story of my life lately!
ReplyDelete🤪
DeleteSenior moments happen in my house too. Sometimes I cook a double portion of meat intending to put half in the refrigerator and there it is, still on the stove the next morning so I throw it out. How wasteful, like your 3 lbs. of ground meat.
ReplyDeleteGotta laugh or we'll cry.
DeleteLOL Myra, I think we all have periods of time like this when we have troubling remembering or forget simple things like putting the meat back in the freezer. My most recent one was I set the coffee pot the night before so that I can just turn it on in the morning when I get up. Habit to turn it on except one day I turned it on and hadn't set up the coffee/water because we were going to go out to eat that morning. Thankfully I noticed it before we left or it could have caused a fire with the empty coffee pot on the burner. So rest assured, you aren't alone. The week has to get better, right?
ReplyDeletebetty
You betcha! That was a God nudge, for sure.
DeleteAndy and I both do things like that all the time. We laugh as we compare notes. 😊
ReplyDeleteI laugh at myself before anyone else!
DeleteHey! Some days are like that for all of us. You are in good company. We just aren't brave enough to tell all our boo boos here for the whole world to see! LOL. You are very brave!! Our hero!! Thank you for helping me know I'm not alone. Now, where did I put my cup of tea that I just made for myself? I have no idea! It's probably cold by now! This happens all the time... Have a fun day!
ReplyDeleteGlad to be in the same lifeboat with you, Pam!
DeleteWhat a day, Myra! Yes, I've had those kind of days where I think I've lost my senses - can we say, senior moments?
ReplyDeleteHope today is a better one, my friend.
Senior moments, yes!
DeleteI am so very happy that I came here first because your post and all the comments have made my day! I got up this morning thinking inside my head that I must call my doctor and make an appointment and ask her to send me to get tested for dementia. My day yesterday was very similar to yours I tried to microwave my coffee in the refrigerator and other words I poured the coffee and I do 30 seconds on the microwave and I open the refrigerator door and actually started to sit the cup inside the refrigerator when I realized the microwave was across the room from the fridge. The whole day went like that I lost my phone and could not find it anywhere and Was preparing to use the house phone to make it ring and Bob said it's right there. I usually lay it on the table beside my rocker it wasn't there it was on the arm of the rocker in other words I was looking past it to where it should be and missing where it was I could go on but you get my drift
ReplyDeleteTotally understandable, knowing you were super stressed about Beau's vet visit.
DeleteI have to say we all have days like that. I've had many, sad to say. But I do agree on the Keurig. I enjoy mine and being able to have different selections to choose from. I like to try out new flavors and never get bored with the choices.
ReplyDeleteAren't we fortunate they have all these to pick from!
DeleteMind blowing post
ReplyDeleteThanks!
DeleteSo far so good, though I left my lemonade out of the refrigerator last night. Off to lunch with former colleagues who are now friends and some errands. Take care!
ReplyDeleteI hope your time together was great fun!
Delete😱 Yep.
ReplyDeleteSomedays are wild and some are mild. Today I have a raging headache. 99 degree heat does that to me. But those days when I wonder where I left my brain makes me laugh. It is so much better than crying! hahaha...Today I am having a very lazy day. Walking to the end of the driveway to retrieve my trash and recycle cans was plenty for me. I need a mini vacation. Noelle and Roger spent a few days at the Grand Canyon. It was 72 when they were there. We hear that we are in for some miserable temps this summer. But on a positive note there is much to do inside. Hoping your week is a great one.
ReplyDeleteThank you, dear Anne. One day closer to Fall!
Delete