Saturday, June 5, 2021

I don't know


...how I put myself into these situations.  

Not for nothing, there's plenty going on.  But I procrastinated.   Not unlike being back in school, waiting until the last minute to write a term paper.  And now, I don't know where to start.  (Can anyone else relate?)


Isn't she lovely?


In no particular order ....


I'm enormously thankful

Both for a 'normal' mammogram result AND a completed concrete pad.  I've tried not to mention it here, but had serious misgivings the Patio-Project-from-Hell would actually be accomplished without our having to take legal action.   Lessons learned.


Original (2018)
Taken from the parking pad before Tom built the fence.

2019

Today

Excuse the mess ... 'Plain Jane' obviously needs adorned.  I'm thinking a couple big planters, perhaps a border fence.  Tom's even toying with the idea of a big roll-up awning.   It's nice to see him enthused once more!



Who remembers 'Show and Tell'?

I wanted to spotlight one of my favorite things.

When daddy made this for mother's sewing room, frankly I thought it was ugly as homemade sin.  (Thankfully, I had the good sense to keep my mouth shut.)

Can you see the nails?  Those were to keep her spools of thread at the ready.

How I wish I'd been more grateful for the hours she spent making my school clothes.


Today it sits beside my bed -- a repository for my cell phone, water bottles, reading material.




Good grief ... this is turning into an episode of Friday Fotos!

One more and I'll wrap this up!

Selfies.  Lots of people have lots of opinions ..... and that's okay.  Personally I'm a fan -- on account inside me still lives the self-conscious adolescent who'd have given a month's allowance for one flattering photograph.  Just one.

Recently I discovered it's better than my bathroom mirror, prompting me to go back and adjust my hair, fix the corner of my eye.  Could be the lighting, but I don't think so.  It's just ... different.   

Anyway!  Because I shrink at the idea of posting selfies at the bathroom sink -- and won't pay for premium PicMonkey, I went browsing.   In addition to 'FaceApp' (I yakked about a few months ago) I discovered something called removebg.com!

Not only is it FREE, but wait. There's more!  Not only does it remove a background, but offers other scenes to choose from ... or, you can use one of your own photos as a background.   It's so easy, even a technophobe like me can do it.

Original taken standing at my bathroom sink.

I moved son and family from a busy wedding reception to their own front porch.

Obviously, I need to work on proportions -- but I'm having fun.


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Stay safe and have a great weekend!

Hugs, Myra







27 comments:

  1. So glad the long awaited patio got done. I think you're right some plants would perk it up. I love the way your new app places the phots. That's great. I know the backgrounds make a big difference. Always good to see your sweet face. Smiling and cheerful for sure !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet of you to say. Hopefully, your attitude is rubbing off on me! 😀

      Delete
  2. You did the right thing!!! I love the new patio! what a transformation and it came all the way from HELL. ha ha, concrete boy to the rescue. I think a roll up awning would be great. a firm awning might get blown away in a storm.
    your dad was talented and what a treasure and good that is has a use now... glad you shared it.
    I too would have given an arm or possibley a finger to have a photo of myself that I liked. maybe that is why i have been doing so many of my self. I like me more now that I did back then. also when taking a selfie, they can be deleted 20 times until we like it. no one shot and done disasters.
    I know you will not believe this, but I took the TIME and left this comment to remove a background from ME.. love it love it, the free part will help. i purchased a year of PM and do not intend to pay again, this will do what I want. THANK YOU.. most of my selfies have been in the bathroom mirror. good job. love you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, you're making my eyeballs leaky. Love you, too!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on the normal mammogram and concrete patio. Two reasons to celebrate.

    I can definitely relate to Procrastination Syndrome. I was a student who wrote the term paper two hours before it was due.....and I still tend to do things at the last minute.

    I actually like the creative contraption that your father made for the sewing room - - but the colors and patterns are so busy that I'd have a hard time finding things.

    Removing annoying backgrounds from photos is sometimes a good idea.
    Now if only they'd come up with something that could remove foregrounds.....



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Isn't technology wonderful?
      I've no idea where my father found those materials -- probably every bit scrapped from his workplace.

      Delete
  4. Praise God for good health results. Also the completed patio which looks wonderful.

    I often procrastinate. This is because I don't know what the word means. I'll look it up in the dictionary sometime. In fact, I'll post a comment here another time ... not now!

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Victor.
      'See you in a little bit!

      Delete
  5. Congrats on the mammogram and the completed patio! I'm glad it has Tom enthused again. Thanks for sharing the piece your dad made, I love it and am so glad you still have it. Thanks for the info on the background remover. That could definitely come in handy. I hope you are having a great weekend Myra!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Martha! Little things like that background remover make Myra a happy girl.

      Delete
  6. The patio looks wonderful, Myra, and I'm so glad you had great results from the mammogram. Somehow, mine get skipped this past year; I'm guessing Covid? Thanks, too, for sharing the app for selfies. I really don't take many, but I love the idea of being able to change a background to anything you want. Fabulous!
    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ya, when my doctor asked if I'd had my mammogram last year and I shook my head, she said, "Ya, no-one else did either." Covid.

      Delete
  7. I like that removebg.com site. I took a look at it and it could be really fun to do! Maybe that will be a good way to remove the backyard pictures of Winslow and put in at other sites :) Thanks for sharing that because I had not heard of it. I like what you did with the picture of you and your son/family with changing background. Very clever!

    I like the new patio; glad it finally came together and got done! Just in time for summer enjoyment too!

    Yea on the good health report too! Definitely a good win-win week for you Myra!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neat! Winslow could tour the country -- even the world -- without actually leaving home! Wasn't it 'paper Koda' you sent to visit Martha a few years ago? Those photos cracked me up!

      Delete
  8. What fun! I'm going to look at that app as soon as I finish here! Your patio looks fantastic and I know you will keep us posted as you decorate. The awning sounds like a great idea! I love what your dad made for your mom's sewing supplies and it is great that you have repurposed it. Happy weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope to see some new selfies. Terri at the Eiffel Tower comes to mind. (*grin*)

      Delete
  9. Oh what fun!!! That camera selfie thingy, I mean! That is so cool, and you are so smart to figure it out. And the sewing caddy thing is really nice. I know you are loving having it now. What a treasure. Now, the patio is so lovely! I am happy it finally got done and hubby is enjoying it, as I hope you will as well. Great job, and I love seeing pictures anytime. I mean, I'm sure you've noticed I always have bunches of pictures on my blog...so why would I mind if you do the same??? Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually it doesn't take any smarts at all. But thank you for saying that! Unlike me, Tom does enjoy spending long hours outside watching the birds and the squirrels.

      Delete
  10. Awesome sauce on the test results, grin. P.S. I like the patio just fine, the way it is, smiles. I hope your having a beautiful Saturday, it is 88* and humid here in NY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was SO relieved! Yes, it's a nice day. I can't believe your part of the country's so warm already!

      Delete
  11. I'm late, but did enjoy the read. Especially your dad's 'catchall' for mom's sewing room. I like it. Most of all glad for good results health wise. OH yeah good on y'all for finally getting the concrete patio done and done.
    I like the roll up awnings. I have only installed one, and it was 9'x9'. I wish our deck had the space above the door for one here. The one I had worked great.
    Love the family shots and I have got to check out the photo repair/add sites.
    Sherry & jack just relaxing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I always look forward to your visits, Jack and Sherry. Wishing y'all a super day!

      Delete
  12. Hi - directed here by the Madsnapper herself. Is that "Drunkard's Path' pattern in the patchwork on the sewing companion? What did your Dad do to have fabrics like that lying about? Suggestion over your patio - one of those sail shaped shades made out of the sort of fabric that wind can puff through so that you don't have to worry about it being blown away. All the Best Mr T.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit ... too, your suggestion about the sail shade! I'm passing it on to He-Who-Deals (with that sort of thing).
      My dad worked for the government in Los Alamos, NM. Honestly, I've no idea where that crazy fabric might have originated. 😄

      Delete
  13. Your patio looks lovely. I'm glad that's done! That is so awesome what your dad made for your mom. That sounds like a cool app. I never take selfies. I should check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am always grateful for a normal mammogram. I would love to have new cpncrete in the driveaway and also a new front porch. But cost and so many workers who never show up scares me a bit. ALtohugh we had an excellent expeirence with Juan, He cut down the dead old tree in our backyard and hauled everything away. He kept in touch since the rainw as ongoing then. Grateful for the good ones like him. HUGS to you and Tom

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Your comments mean the world to me!