Friday, March 19, 2021

Thank You!

 


Yes, you!  And you, over there!

Everyone's birthday wishes and expressions of concern for our safety were felt!


Despite being here 3 years, early this week I was more nervous than usual.  Probably on account of meteorologists using phrases like "storm of the decade" and "life-threatening."  At any rate, Tuesday night I asked Tom if he thought we should take the dogs and drive into Florida. Nope? 


Knowing I'd done all I could to prepare the 'safe room', I was actually able to relax.  Sort of.   Weird feeling, watching the continuous weather coverage and hearing news achors refer to the tornados as, "Whack a mole: they keep popping up."  In the end, we feel incredibly blessed.  Janet and Andy lost another big tree to lightening, but it missed hitting my car; and except for a few minutes following that strike, our power remained.   A birthday to remember, for sure!


Like that Jimmy Buffet song lyric, I've come a long way since my first birthday!

Reminds me of a Cabbage Patch doll 😜


Since grilling was out of the question, Tom went for hickory-smoked ribs and brisket, and surprised me with a cheesecake!

We don't exchange presents, but I received some nice cards and a goodie bag from gal-pal Debbie:

Those 'turtle' things really work!
I thought they might feel uncomfortable, but no. We wore ours under our masks to the VA yesterday and remarked to one another how it really is easier to breathe.


What else does one do while waiting on Armageddon?

I may not be able to fill my new "Wanderlust" journal just yet.  But with a little help from FaceApp, I can pretend.

Big city shopping ... wish you were here!


Perhaps a visit to my home town.


I'd love to have a room like this in my home.


Okay.  Real graphic gurus (yo, Sandra!) could call me out for proportion goofs ... but I'm having fun.

Perhaps I'll attend next month's Kentucky Derby ... even an Easter parade.
"Oh, the places you'll go!"



Thanks once again. Just for being you. My wonderful friends.

Desert anyone?
Happy 'New Year' to me!  


Hugs, Myra


  
 
 








 

 

29 comments:

  1. So glad you all are safe! Happy Birthday to you!!

    What fun pictures. Looks like an app I need to get. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm probably having more fun with than app than is appropriate for someone my age. LOL.

      Delete
  2. OH YUM on the cheese cake.. and yay for your travel selfies... you know i love that stuff... you have desrbed in one sentence, waiting on Armageddon, when there are hurricanes looming and the TV is scaring us silly with their predictions. so glad you are safe. I have not seen these turtle things.. I am thinking mask will be around for a long time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, I know we need to mute most of what the TV's saying. They seem to thrive on drama. True about the masks. Remember when it was hard to find them and we had to resort to fashioning our own?

      Delete
  3. Fun post Myra. I'm so glad all is well, those weather people can sure scare us. Even here we had severe weather predictions last night from the tail end of the storm. It poured for ten minutes and that was it *rolling my eyes* Sounds like you had a delicious birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Birthday Year; and wishing you many more full of fun, good health, happiness and ice cream. Or is it apple pie in that dish. I not it is Scottish in origin or lyrics. Och aye the noo!

    I'm amazed how you can remember and be perfectly still on the same pose in all these different locations! Great photos.

    God bless you always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! And now I know what NOT to say if I ever find myself in Scotland. My former husband was fond of paraphrasing the best-laid plans, "Gang aft a-gley.”

      PS - That's my favorite NY cheesecake in the Auld Lang Syne cup.

      Delete
  5. I thought about you on your birthday and was fervently hoping that you wouldn't be the recipient of a Severe Storm Surprise Party. It was a tense day, but I'm so glad you got through it safely. And managed to have cheesecake!
    You seem to be getting much more use out of your auld lang syne cup than I have (mine is sitting in the cupboard, waiting patiently to be used).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! This is only the second time I've used that cup, but I love the significance. I'm so grateful you shared where I might find it!

      Delete
  6. Oh what fun! But OH! So glad you were safe in the storm. I was praying for you as I kept hearing about Alabama...and I couldn't remember exactly where in the state you live, but I prayed for the storm to miss you and I guess it did! Praise God. I love those little "turtle mask" things. I have one that I use all the time. I can't breathe w/o it. Love the "vacation photos", and I really love your 1 year old picture...yes, I must agree, it does remind me of a cute cabbage patch doll!! Only the cutest ones, of course!! :) Glad you had a happy birthday and that you are safe and sound. Happy weekend time now!! Love Pam and Lily Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never heard of the turtle mask accessories. Some people are so creative, and no doubt, richer for it!
      Our home is in Coosada -- just north of Montgomery in the central part of the state. Near enough to big city healthcare, etc. but happy to reside in the slow lane!

      Delete
  7. Wow, so glad all is well after the storm. It is a birthday to remember. Dinner and dessert sound perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those "travel" photos! Glad the storm jumped around you!! Sounds like a great birthday, Myra, in spite of the weather! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm thankful you had a birthday to remember and came through it safe and sound! Fun idea, those photos. I haven't heard of that app, but it sounds like a hoot of an idea. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We were definitely thinking of you guys last night. We even had a little wind, up home in NC they did too, but not like the way it sounded your way.
    Yep I too love the vaca pictures.
    BUT especially the picture of that cute round faced 1yr old. SWEET!
    Oh yeah, and yep, the Happy New Year statement was cool! WE like it.

    Love from Florida!!!
    Sherry & jack

    PS: Funny thing your blog just showed up here, it musta been running around cyberspace. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. Sometimes I have to 'go hunting' for someone's blog. Ever think "Mom Blogger" is bipolar? xoxox

      Delete
  11. Myra, that face app is amazing! Yes, I was praying for you and Tom during those storms, and I'm so grateful you were spared from all the chaos. Glad your birthday was a good one, too!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard the actual number was 24 tornados. Yikes. For sure, I never take others' prayers for granted! 💛

      Delete
  12. Happy Birthday and cheers to a Happy New Year ! So happy and thankful you survived the storms and had so little damage. So many were not as fortunate. Loved the picture of the one year old you. What a treasure. Sounds like a wonderful birthday celebration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw ... thank you, Ma! And what, we've both got 11 more days to celebrate!
      Love my family of bloggers!

      Delete
  13. Grin...my husband, "Are you sure you want to move back south? I am not to keen the tornado season, you know." Who knows where we will end up. We did lose everything in the 2011 storm...anyways...I am glad you had a great birthday. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the app. You are beautiful. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't look too closely! (LOL) Thank you, Sandie!

      Delete
  15. Glad you are safe and happy the birthday turned out wonderfully. I must look into that turtle. A gal Avery works with double masked and said as she was cleaning the kitchen she could smell the vinegar. HaHaHa so much for the insanity. My Rosecea is going to act up. It was 60 Friday and my face was so flushed from wearing that mask at the store. Nick has some fluid behind his ear so his doc fixed him up and I picked up the scripts since they were not ready when we stopped by. I love your childhood photos. Hannah is searching for photos so I am going to sort her box I have in the closet. The million others are in two large tubs in the garage. We need a second lifetime to sort it all out. But the kids are willing to help. Take care and hope your weather behaves. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Your comments mean the world to me!