So, I stole that title from an e-mail I received yesterday from our realtor in Arizona. (I could remove my name from his mailing list, but Harvey's always been good for a chuckle.)
These blooms took a beating from our last storm .....
but I'm still enjoying their optimism.
But yes. It seems I've always had a wish list percolating in my brain.
While my family spoiled me rotten, there's something about a 'new year' that begs indulgence.
Whimsical. Something not to be sought, but discovered.
For instance?
There's nothing wrong with our flatware. But it's so utilitarian. Pandemic brain, maybe. But I regard my fork with annoyance.
Forget swirls and fleur-de-lis. I dream of something weighty with a sturdy feel reminiscent of tavern fare.
Then there's this personalized tablespoon I bought my Pooh-loving friend.
Ice cream? Cereal? Peanut butter!
Yep. I'm been guilty of gifting others with things I'd like.
Some of you know about my infatuation with coffee mugs ... each with its own backstory.
Now, I'm thinking this deserves a place in my Amazon cart.
Do you have a Wish List?
Come along with me, I'm on my way to the stars!
Hugs, Myra




Not a single material thing for me, I still want to get rid of more if anything. The only things on my wish list are things I wish my husband would get around to doing that I can't!
ReplyDeleteGood point!
DeleteI do not have a wish list. My wish list is letting go of things.
ReplyDeleteThat's a tough one, for sure!
DeleteWell, let's see, since you asked...
ReplyDelete"When you wish upon a star
Makes no difference who you are
Anything your heart desires
Will come to you
If your heart is in your dream
No request is too extreme
When you wish upon a star
As dreamers do"...(Disney- Pinocchio) The Bible says: Matthew 7:7 "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:" But always ask "if it be God's will"... so, with all that in mind, I wish hubby and I could take a little trip to visit some special people that we have known and loved for many years...there are several scattered among several states...so it would require a road trip of probably more than a week to visit all of them. Hubby doesn't like driving any distance anymore, but I would love to visit these people again before we all get TOO old to do it. So that is my little secret wish and prayer.
Oh Pam, I LOVE that (Disney) song! I, too, long to take a leisurely road trip. Unfortunately, we can't wrap our minds around the idea of leaving our 'girls.' That's the only bad thing about being an overly-protective pet parent!
Deletewhy yes, i do have a wish list, ant number 1 is a Kia Soul. I want one really bad and have for about 5 years now. my list of household wishes would be to throwout the perfectly good plates I have, along with the flat ware that is 31 years old and get new. BUTT they are fine and look as good as new and they eat well, ha ha.
ReplyDelete75 inch flat screen smart TV
14 inch chrome book
79 dollar leggins
new expensive jeggins NOT 5 dollars from WM
someone to hit me over the head when I eat something I should not
Alas, there is not enough room to finish this and I am feeling a little embarassed at baring my expensive soul
Soul sista! Don't be embarrassed, my friend. I, too, am scotch to the bone but still like having 'things.'
DeleteSandra, you are my kinda gal! I am the same way. I have a huge wish list. I think it is good to dream and to wish and to enjoy the whole process. I LOVE your list!!!!!!
DeleteMaterial things are no longer a priority. The things on my "wish list" are all unobtainable:
ReplyDeletemy health, my youth, all the people I loved who are now gone....
I like the Emily Dickinson quote on the mug.
True! I'm right there with you; but thank God for my memories.
DeleteI wish I hadn't fallen into a wishing well.
ReplyDeleteI wish to die peacefully in bed. Not like my uncle with screaming people all round him as he drove the bus off a cliff.
I wish people were like You Tube videos and you could tap them lightly to see how much longer they’re going to be talking.
I wish I could remember what I wished to forget.
I know God will not give me anything I can't handle; I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. (Mother Teresa)
God bless.
Bahahahaha! These are all great, but #3 made laugh out loud. I know someone like that who just happens to live at the same address I do!
DeleteOkay yeah, the list has grown shorter, but I do wish I could make up my mind about a long back packing journey..
ReplyDeleteBUT I also wish I could be as stinking witty as OLD Victor sometime. LOL
"I wish I could remember what I wished to forget." LOL
As always love the visit to your house.
Love those blooms that make it thru the wind and storms... SWEET
Sherry & jack, nice day in Florida
Thanx Jack.
DeleteGod bless.
Thank you so much!
DeleteAnother back-packing journey? Tell me more!
I need that cup!! LOL Truth! My wish list isn't all about material things but I do have a running one in my head most of the time. It changes as often as the day, but it is there. Stay safe up there!
ReplyDeleteHmmm ... I believe you're right! Better fodder than say, fretting.
DeleteWe don't have wish lists for material things... if we really want something we buy it. That works because we don't want much except for materials for our projects.
ReplyDeleteInteresting, isn't it! I think as we age, our wish lists grow shorter and our blessings more numerous.
DeleteAs many have said here, I don't have a wish list for material things either. However, I do wish my grandchildren didn't live so far away that we can only visit with them on longer holidays. I'm looking forward to their spring break in April - we are going to see them and spoil them rotten!
ReplyDeleteBlessings, Myra!
That's a wonderful wish, Martha! 🙏
DeleteI typed a long comment on my phone and touched publish and I received a message that there was an error . . .and my comment was gone! GRRR! My wish list is pretty small, too - lunch with friends, supper club with friends and hopefully, those will come soon! My wish list would include new lights over my island but the ones I have are perfectly fine!
ReplyDeleteOh, I hate when that happens! (Been there, done that.) It's always fun to daydream.
DeleteI usually keep a wish list. I call it my bucket list of things I'd like to do. We have to keep on hoping and dreaming. I guess if we want to make our wishes come true, we have to want them bad enough.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteExactly! I'm not holding my breath for a genie to appear. My mother used to say, if things came too easily we might not appreciate them.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI removed my comment as I had too many errors and did not catch them all before I hit sent. I love dreaming and wishing and hoping. I believe it keeps me happier and healthier. I love cups and mugs. I have a big collection. SO I have these cool hard cases I keep them in and switch them out. I love my leggings from LuLaRoe but I rarely pay full prrice these days. I love putting outfit together because I like to look nice and I get up and get dressed every day. I love pjs too. HaHaHa! I am like Sandra, I want that Smart TV! I am just have to make a wish list post too. Otherwise this comment will be the length of War and Peace. Have a wonderful weekend.
ReplyDeleteOh, I hope you do, too. Make a wish list post, that is. Love your enthusiasm!
DeleteGrin...I shall plead the 5th...my husband is always looking at silverware. We already have heavy silverware from Oneida that is over 30 years old...yes, always have a wish list...right now, the wish list is to move out of NY and the list is growing and growing...and I am afraid reality will be a bugger.
ReplyDeleteBut won't it be worth it? 😍
Delete