Saturday, January 9, 2021

Suggestions

 


I saw this on a friend's FB and wanted to share -- but thought the title "Rules for Everyone" sounded a bit offensive.  Don't we have enough rules already?






Send Thank You cards for every act of hospitality -- except another Thank You card.


Travel light through life. Keep only what you need.


That little piece of chocolate won't kill you - everything in moderation.


It's okay to cry when you're hurt.  It's also okay to smash things, but wash your face, clean your mess, and get up off the floor when you done.  You don't belong down there.


If you're going to curse, be clever.  If you're going to curse in public, know your audience.


Seek out the people and places that resonate with your soul.


Just because you can doesn't mean you should.


5-second rule: It's just dirt.  There are worse things in a fast food cheeseburger.


Happiness is not a permanent state. Wholeness is.  Don't confuse the two.


Be a good guest and leave it as you found it.


Never walk through an alley.


Be less sugar, more spice, and only as nice as you're able without compromise yourself.


Can't is a cop-out.  Don't want to is perfectly acceptable.


Hold your heroes to a high standard.  Be your own hero.


If you can't smile with your eyes, don't smile.  Insincerity is nothing to aspire to.


Never lie to yourself.


Your body, your rules.


If you have an opinion, you better know why.


Study your curiosities and practice your passions.


Ask for what you want.


Wish on stars and dandelions, then get to work.


Don't skimp on good sheets.


Fall in love often.  Particularly with ideas, art, music, literature, food and far-off places.


Fall hard and forever in love with nothing but yourself.


Say "Please", "Thank You" and "Pardon Me" whenever the situation warrants it.


Reserve "I'm sorry" for when you truly are.


Naps are for grown-ups, too.


Question everything except your own intuition.


You have enough. You are enough.




Hugs,

Myra

28 comments:

  1. This is awesome Myra and all so true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the one if you have an opinion you better know why. I found that to be so true this past election year :) All good things to try to do in life but I agree not necessarily "rules." Thanks for sharing and have a great Sunday!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the one "Don't skimp on good sheets." I learned that years ago, and I still love the feel of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for these wonderful suggestions, Mevely. So true and practical.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that we are already inundated with far too many rules, these suggestions should be considered food for thought. There are a lot of good things on this list.

    "Travel light through life, keep only what you need" is the best advice - a sannyasin and yogi philosophy.

    Never discount yourself, value your God-given intuition, use extreme caution when it comes to being influenced by others (my personal philosophy).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The intuition one was my favorite. Love the way in which you've 'fleshed it out.'

      Delete
  6. I enjoyed reading these. I think "Can't is a cop-out..." is my favorite. Enjoy your week.💖

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How neat (that) different bullet points resonate with each of us!

      Delete
  7. Hi, Negative Nellie here.. ha ha.. these are great, at least some of them are..
    1st the little piece of chocolate WILL kill me.. I suffer from sugar addiction, 4 years now of no sweets and one little piece of chocolate would throw me back where i was.
    Can't is not always a cop out... as in I can't reach the box on the top shelf. Truly! I want to but I can't. The 90 pound crate in the bedroom that i want GONE, I can't move it. really I can't. now Bob is another thing. He CAN he just doesn't want to.
    Now about the rest. Right ON! see I wasn't THAT negative today... i am not overly fond of postive people...😁😁😁

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these...I think the one that got to me was "If you can't smile with your eyes, don't smile..." especially in this age of masks...I find myself making sure that I smile with my eyes since no one can see my smile anymore, nor can I see theirs. We need to sincerely smile with our eyes as much as possible as we all need more smiles in our days...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! Insincerity's one of my biggest pet-peeves.

      Delete
  9. What a fantastic list, Myra! However, I think I would say fall hard in love with God, and all else will follow.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your list, especially the one about adults take naps too. Always do take a nap daily, they refresh like nothing else can do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! (Naps, that is.) Just wish I'd written these.

      Delete
  11. I read the list. I like being reminded of good sense. I guess I usually 'pick' favorite sayings and quotes from articles and blogs. This is what rang my bell:
    Happiness is not a permanent state. Wholeness is. Don't confuse the two...
    Good read sweet lady, BE safe and try to be good, Tom is watching!
    Sherry & jack in a cool Florida.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm TRYING. The one you've cited is something that gave me pause.

      Delete
  12. Yes! Great advice for life! I can't pick just one to write about here. They are all great! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. To answer your question about don't we have enough rules. Apparently not. And we don't enforce the ones we do have. The things that are going on in our world right now is proof of that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Your comments mean the world to me!