Thursday, January 14, 2021

Simple Pleasures




OK.  I'm going out on a limb and wager, I'm not the only soul losing sleep about what's happening 'out there.'

Obviously, there's nothing I can do about that ... but redirect my thoughts to a better place and time.

What about these?


Click to enlarge


 

Sure, some leave me scratching my head.
  
Several I like.  

Can anyone guess the THREE THINGS that absolutely, positively ring my bell?
(Just for fun.  No prizes will be awarded, save bragging rights. LOL)



Something else.
A while back Sean Dietrich authored a fun column titled "Things I Love."   [Click HERE]


... and Myra said, "Hey, I can do that, too!"   I've not yet followed through, but  figure it may be just the sort of distraction I need right now.   Anyone else?


Hugs,
Myra



17 comments:

  1. I love your happy things list, so many things on there that make me happy too. I don't have a clue which 3 you like the most, so I'll tell you my 3 favorites....coffee in the morning - the smell of rain and receiving money!!! Of course!! It was really hard to pick just three.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not guessing but that is a great list. It doesn't include your Tom or your fur-babies though and I would put them in your top three!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great idea to concentrate on happiness right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My guess is that your 3 favourites are: Favourite book, Favourite movie and Making new friends.

    By the way, what is pb & j?

    My 3 favourites are sleeping, staying in bed, and sleeping. Also sitting down. But it's not on your list.

    As a child I used to play hide and seek with my parents. (On your list). I used to lean against a tree and count to 100, as they hid. Then I had to look for them all over Europe. Sometimes they cheated and went further afield.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some left me scratching my head too, but there are lots of good ones too. I don't have a clue on your three favorites, I hope you'll tell us. I think my three favorites just from that list would be the ocean, seashells and receiving money. I love the Sean Dietrich post. We should all do one like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some of the things on that list were rather perplexing (long hair???), but I'll take a wild guess at your three picks:
    coffee in the morning
    your favorite book
    buttery popcorn

    Anyone notice that bubbles is on the list twice?
    I like bubbles but they don't exactly make me happy.
    How about writing a story, chocolate, colored leaves...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Singing, soft blankets and sunshine are my guess. My are probably the ocea, taking pictures and food. But then again I really like a lot of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going with what Jon said with coffee, popcorn and a good book :)

    I've been trying to learn a new Bible verse daily and meditate about it daily. It helps to take my mind off of other things going on and I'm actually sleeping quite well these days :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm afraid Andy and I haven't lost any sleep over it. We're lucky, we love our every day life.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this was SO good...I love it. I just read Sean of the South's post too, and I loved that. Well, I'd guess for you, coffee in the morning, your favorite book, and hot showers because it's on the list twice. I'd have that on my list! For me...well, there are so many, but going outside, taking pictures, singing, and making new friends would be on the list along with hot showers... LOL. A good book and writing a story is good too...I can't stop with just three...This was a good exercise for today...and maybe we should all write our favorite things...it would be a great post idea for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So great to be reminded of the simple things that bring joy to our heart, Myra. No, I'm not going to guess yours, but so many jumped out to me as I read the list. We all need some cheering up about now, don't you think?
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Our son Jack Jr is down for my Birthday, and I haven't been on as often as normal. Yes there are many things to be happy over and I try to be, but yes I have lost some sleep and just a little sick or EVERYTHING going on, BUT that will pass and I am happy over today we move. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post today, we all need more reasons to be happy! Simple pleasures in life are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. peanut butter, your favorite band, favorite book. this was not easy and i thought i knew you well because most things we are alike.
    book is my first choice for me, reciving money and computers is my top 3. of course if i get MONEY i could get books and computers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't a clue of your favorites...but I do know for sure being on the coast near the gulf (ocean) by my back door would be one of my three.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't get much sleep these days either. I pray that the vaccine works and that someday we can maybe go back to a somewhat normal way of life and hug the people we love.

    ReplyDelete
  17. such a good list! I love thunder but I also love lightning. I didn't see it on the list but may have missed it hahaha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Your comments mean the world to me!