Friday, January 15, 2021

My answers are ...

 


... for your feedback on yesterday's post!

Asking you to guess wasn't really fair, was it?


My answers are:


Coffee
Every day, all day.  French roast, latte, espresso or iced, I love it all.  Caffeine aside, I really enjoy the taste, and always used to keep a dish of these on my desk.




Cold pillows
Even in the summer months I have to be covered up to my neck -- but keep a trio of pillows in rotation to ensure my head stays cool.



Colored leaves
Maybe it stems from having lived so long both in Florida and Arizona.  At any rate, I practically swooned when I spotted this 3 years ago.

Their appeal still hasn't waned!



* * *


So, my 'fretter' came to visit (again) in the wee hours this morning.  What to do but begin to identify the ordinary extraordinary "Things I Love."


What I hadn't considered!  Trying to commit them to memory -- without having to sit up, find my eyeglasses, write them down  -- and not wake the dogs.






Ah, it's all good.
... and so are you!

Hugs,
Myra


 


28 comments:

  1. I shall never understand women. So unpredictable. The other night, just past midnight it was, my wife started shouting, "Golf ... golf ... always golf. That's all you talk about and all that you do!"

    I nearly had a heart attack her shouting like that. I never expected to see her at the golf club that late!

    God bless always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you least expect it, it's your lucky day. Smile! You're on Candid Camera!

      Delete
  2. Love the meme... so true!! My favorite things change daily, weekly, monthly, yearly... Fun post!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have never ever guessed cold pillows. Colored leaves was on my personal list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love colored leaves, and well, yes, I can relate to the "cold pillows". I flip my pillows periodically to find the cool side...so yes, that is understandable. Not sure I'd list it as a favorite thing, but...well, it is something to be appreciated for sure. I was thinking we need to invest in separate electric blankets...or at least one just for me. Not only am I cold during the night, but I think it might help my aching neck and back and hip and whatever else decides to hurt. But then I can kick it off when I get too hot. This was fun. We should do these things more often! Thank you for starting the party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! A few years ago I did something called "Four Fibs and a Lie." Here's that post: https://mevely317.blogspot.com/2015/09/this-n-that-and-quiz.html
      The surprise reveal was the following post.

      Perhaps you'd like to take up that theme?

      Delete
    2. Here's the link to the reveal.
      https://mevely317.blogspot.com/2015/09/the-reveal.html

      Delete
  5. I have ever seen nips. I love coffee so would lo e them too. I hope you didn't put ideas in my head about cold pilow. I think I have more tabs open than that

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't guess, I could not concentrate, probably would have blown it anyway. LOL Now here I sit talking to JJ and waiting for Mark to come in . He is on his way. WE will celebate my birthday a day early because JJ must get back to work. Hugs to y'all
    Sherry & jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naw. I don't suppose even my Tom would have guessed correctly. Hope you're having fun with the 'boys'!

      Delete
  7. Don't you just hate that when your brain goes 100 mph with great ideas at night! I have to have my one cup of coffee first thing in the morning but that's it for me these days. I remember when I was a kid before we had central AC, cold pillows were the best thing in the world. I can still remember flipping mine through the night. If I ever saw the colored leaves I would imagine I would feel the same way you do about them. Must add that to my bucket list! These were fun posts Myra :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Martha! I never expected this response ... but love it!

      Delete
  8. Got one right :) I do like the changing of the season with the leaves; they can be so colorful!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and Autumn is my favorite time of year. Like the trees are dressing for their winter prom. :)

      Delete
  9. Autumn leaves and coffee - perfect! And cool pillows are a bonus. The simple pleasures are the best, always.
    Blessings, Myra!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've discovered little things mean the most. Blessings to you and Danny!

      Delete
  10. HA on the last graphic. I will miss that when we move back south; Autumn. Thanks for the many smiles, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably nothing like you experience in NY, but I think the changing colors this year were magnificent.

      Delete
  11. There seems to be nothing better than a cup of good coffeee except for another cup of coffee in my books too. I think all of us should do what it takes to make us happy. It's contagious and you can spread it around like the flu. So glad every thing is going well for you there. We can hope and pray it stays that way !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the graphic! And I also love coffee, Nips, and cold pillows. Hope you are enjoying a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love my coffee and I, too, have to be covered up to the neck. I don't need a cool pillow though

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Your comments mean the world to me!