Friday, January 29, 2021

Friday Fill-ins

 


Just for fun! 


Thanks to Ellen and Lorianne for creating these questions ... and of course, to Anne for having planted the seed in my mind!

* * *


1.  So far 2021 is remarkably similar to 2020 (What did I expect?)



2.  A (book), (movie) or (song) title that best describes my life is --

My gosh, the possibilities are endless!
How about, I employ the bartender diploma I never used and build a specialty cocktail .....


1/2 oz.
Georgy Girl



1/2 oz.



1-1/2 oz.
Against the Wind
"Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then."


Shake and strain and serve over the rocks.

... Resulting in something that sounds like this.

Why Me, Lord




3.  Retirement was a pleasant surprise.


4.  I learned that arguing with Tom is a recipe for disaster.

Truth!




What say you?
Have a great weekend, everyone!

Hugs,
Myra




32 comments:

  1. You are so clever! What great answers, and put together is such a delicious drink! I especially love your last answer/picture. Ha Ha! Wish I could learn when to stop arguing. I have a tendency to always want the last word, and of course that never ends! LOL. I hope you have a wonderful day today. Lily Grace and I are sitting here still in our PJ's trying to figure out what adventure to have...sometimes it's just better to wait and see what pops up and go with it. See you later!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm looking forward to seeing what adventure awaits you and your girl. 😊

      Delete
  2. What a delightful and enjoyable post today. Thanx Mevely.

    And the music too. I used to play "Why me Lord" often on my radio program. Both this version and the Cliff Richard one.

    You should have been on my radio program years ago. I guess if you listed your 10 favourite songs they would most probably be the ones on my play list.

    God bless, Mevely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so kind! Now, identifying 10 favorite songs sounds like a really enjoyable, albeit difficult, exercise.

      Delete
  3. This is fun and I love your specialty cocktail :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can bartend for me any day of the week, Myra! And yes, arguing is just a waste of time and energy. Discussion with love is the right recipe.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. It's all in the way one's point of view is presented -- and heard. Blessings!

      Delete
  5. Cute with your drink, Myra :) Isn't it the true about arguing with spouses? Sometimes being quiet is the best thing. I memorized Psalm 4:4 this year. "Don't sin by letting anger control you; think about it overnight and remain silent." Needless to say, I'm learning to be silent a lot. Silence really is golden :) (hubby's not that bad, but you know what I mean :)

    Great fill ins for today!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oftentimes I ask myself, "What would mother do?" I don't recall that verse, but will be committing it to memory. Thanks!

      Delete
  6. My own husband would never argue with me, but would constantly say to the children, Don't mind your mom, she is just going through the change. That would only make me madder at him. But when all is said and done, I'm glad he didn't choose to argue back, We do need to know when to shut up and smile. Life is too short to stay angry or mad. We just have to appreciate their finer qualities and be happy with them. Glad you are enjoying your retirement. It is a wonderful place in life to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a kidder, your DDH! I'll bet you two were a great example to your sons and daughter.

      Delete
  7. I'm with Pamela, I always LOVE the way you can answer ?'s. 2021 has been smiles and tears. My life in Song it Deano and Memories are made of this.
    And then there is me 'n Tom, Y'all know down deep we are RIGHT! LOL
    Love you lady, you always brighten our day!
    Sherry & jack (I beat her here today!) 'tis cold outside..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! I loved Dean Martin and now this song is playing in my head. Good stuff!

      Delete
  8. Ditto ditto ditto on 1,3, 4....Gerorgy girls makes me want to scream, I love Why me Lord and I had never heard Against the wind, it now resides in my youtube playlist for excercise. love it. my favorite thing to day is just don't aruge let them be wrong. I do that every day all day long. but sometimes i forget and DO Argue! it is hard for two people who are always right to live together in retirment together 24/7

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! All the same, it's far better than the 'snake pit' where I last worked.

      Delete
  9. I agree, 2021 is no different than 2021 so far! Interesting questions. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha.. yep, so far we see no difference between the years 2020/2021. Fingers crossed that things will change for the better toward the end of the summer. This is a fun post and I love that last quote!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, that one made me laugh out loud. Fingers crossed! 🤞

      Delete
  11. I love the poster saying stop arguing and let people be wrong. And one book that would describe my life would be Wayne Muller's Legacy of the Heart: The Spiritual Advantages of a Painful Childhood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd not heard of Muller's book, but after previewing (the on-line sample), I think it bears downloading.

      Delete
    2. I didn't like the book as much as the title...that resonated with me.

      Delete
  12. I'm hoping against hope that 2021 will be better than last year. Loved your clever cocktail, especially "Against the Wind". Can't think of any book, movie, or music that could aptly describe my life.
    "I Did It My Way"....(which isn't always a good thing).

    ReplyDelete
  13. HA! My husband has not learned that arguing with me often leads to disaster, LOLOLOL. Thanks for the many smiles, Myra.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great answers! I didn't join in Friday, :( I think this fill-in meme is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just read your reply comment on your ikigai and had to stop by to say how much I enjoyed reading your response to Jean's question.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Retirement for me brings freedom. I don't miss the stress, that's for sure. I don't use ice much to shake & strain over but this weekend I twisted and turned my daughter's oranges from her tree into the juicer--close enough! Thank you for the fun comment and birthday wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aw...those answers are great! I love your clever drink choice with all those movies. You commented on my pink stopper in my CHampagne bottle. It is a pink pineapple. HaHa compliments of the local mega liquor store. We don't visit like we use to but no body there is ever experiencing the virus! I love retirement. ALthough unemployment sent me a statement for taxes staing they paid me over $2000 in 2020. You did not pay me but....But Avery said an attorney at his office found out someone attempted to collect unemployment in his name. Uh-oh! Big trouble for them! The government and a man with a law degree on that persons case. Lord help us all. Too lazy to work but not lazy enough to steal an identity. UGH! I hope you have a terrifici day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Your comments mean the world to me!