Glad to be back at the water cooler! But first …..
A big thanks for your prayers and positivity on Tom's behalf. Unfortunately, half-way through his procedure, the doctor was called away on an emergency. No stent at this time; they're more concerned about a possible valve replacement. We'll know more after November 12. (*sigh*)
So, a few hours ago Tom was visiting with his son about a recent family trip to Disneyland.
The last time I vacationed at Anaheim was 1962. All's I can recall was losing my coveted, 'first' purse in the ladies restroom. (Happiest place on earth? Not.)
Does anyone remember these bucket bags? Gosh, I mourned that thing for a year.
Borrowing from another meme, today's question:
"What is the first (tangible) thing you lost, that you never found again?"
and/or
"What is the vacation destination you recall with such fondness (that) you really hope to return there someday?"
I'm back to work tomorrow for another 4-day run. If nothing else, something amusing might occur to share with y'all!
Be good out there … be safe!
Hugs, Myra



I remember the bucket bags and how that top snapped closed (unless you had too much inside! LOL). Wishing you a smooth four days at work and will look forward to reading about whatever happens that you want to share with us!! xoxox
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, Terri!
DeleteYou mean they were working on Tom and in the middle of it the doctor was called away for an emergency? I would think Tom's would have been an emergency!
ReplyDeleteIt will be interesting to hear what he has to say on the 12th!
DeleteIts Halloween. Of course something will happen at work! Did I ever tell you the story of my brother and me; years ago he worked for his wife's aunt's floral store delivering flowers. He picked me up to go to band practice (he was in the band with my then boyfriend who would be hubby). I'd go to practice with them and then we would go out on a date and hubby would take me home. Anyway, he picks me up and says "I got one stop to make before we go to practice. But I need your help." I'm like "okay". He said "I have a corsage to pin on a dead body at a mortuary for the funeral tomorrow. I just can't do it. Would you do it for me?" Now this is my older brother that I would give a kidney for. But I'm thinking there's no way I can do this, but being the little sister I was, I said "okay I'll try to do it." And then he started laughing. It wasn't a corsage but someone's flowers they had sent.
ReplyDeletePraying for the appointment on November 12. That's interesting the physician got called out for an emergency but I'm thinking Tom was stable enough for him to do so. Look at it as a "blessing" in disguise for what God has ahead planned as a result of the appointment next month. Could be a very valid reason why the procedure was abruptly aborted.
betty
What a hoot, that corsage ruse! I don't know HOW the lady who comes to fix the deceaseds' hair does it.
DeletePraying for you and your husband.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
That means so much ...thank you!
DeletePrayers lifted for Tom and for you, Myra!
ReplyDeleteI remember losing my purse at age six in a five and dime store. My poor Nana, who had given it to me, was so distraught. How I hated disappointing her, though she assured me at the time she loved me so much anyway. :)
Blessings!
What a gracious (and loving) lady, your Nana!
Deleteyes, i remember the bucket bags.. prayers for Tom and for you to. the first and worst thing I lost was at age 15, my grandmother gave me her gold with a ruby highschool ring. I wore it to the beach and when i came home it was somewhere in the Gulf of Mexico.... they never let me forget that, and i always said when the subject came up, that who in their right mind would give a gold ring to a 15 year old?
ReplyDeleteGood comeback, Sandra! 'Pretty sure the Gulf is full of gold (and silver, etc.).
DeleteA valve replacement is a whole other thing compared to a stint. Sorry the doctor had to hurry away. But the 12th isn't too long to wait to hear more. Better to know what's up than not. It's the unknowing the really gets to us. Has your 3 day work week now turned into 4? That's almost full time in my books. I too had one of the bucket bags, they were very popular. But mine wore out and wasn't lost. Purses are something I have a lot of and thankfully I've never lost one, unless you count one of my beagles chewing the handle off. When they are pups they do a lot of chewing and I learned to pick things up and put them somewhere safe.But not before I lost a couple pairs of shoes and that purse. Will continue to pray and hope the 12th brings some good news.
ReplyDeleteNo, I only work every other Saturday ... more than I'd prefer, but we're pitching in to help take the load off a coworker who's undergoing radiation therapy. Thanks for sharing your beagles story!
DeleteSending prayers and positive thoughts to you and Tom.
ReplyDeleteLosing your purse at Disneyland was a horrible thing to happen. I'm sure it sapped all of the joy out of your visit.
Looong ago my mother gave me a beautiful silver antique ring, and I lost it in the Biltmore Hotel in Los Angeles.
Moral of the story - NEVER remove your ring when you wash your hands....unless you're at home.
One thing about your job - - you'll be working in an appropriate atmosphere for Halloween. Watch out for ghosts.....
With drizzle and fog, the cemetery grounds certainly looked spooky this evening! I know the loss of that ring still makes your heart hurt.
DeletePrayers for Tom of course. I remember SEEING the bucket bags. One thing about being old, I can't remember what I lost (that is probably good), BUT it is ALASKA! i WOULD LOVE TO DRIVE BACK UP THERE. But probably not smart at this age, so second will be Nova Scotia, I just might make that one.
ReplyDeleteLove the entry. Have a great 4 days.....
Love from here,
Sherry & jack
I'd LOVE to go back to Alaska, but like you ... at my age 'twood be a long, long drive. (Nope, I don't want to go badly enough to get on a plane!)
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry that the doctor was called away. I will continue to pray for Tom. Love the purse, how sad to have lost it at Disneyland. I do remember that I had a purse stolen once when I was younger and then I was at a party about 15 years ago and my identity was stolen from my purse. It ended up being a neighbor lady of theirs that had a problem stealing things. Looking forward to the think you might share with us!!!
ReplyDeleteYIKES! All my years in medical I never hear of a doctor being called away for an emergency and stop in the middle of a procedure. I am grateful Tom is doing ok. I like the peace and quiet of the quiet places like the phamily farm we visited a few weeks ago. The way the world is I am not impressed by much wordly stuff anymore. I would go visit Hannah and Jake but preferably without a winter wonderland of snow. I am sorry you lost your purse at the supposedly happiest place (today most expensive) on earth! California is not my favorite place, my cousin's daughter and grand-daughter are stranded there with the fires and no way currently out. Very scary what is going on. Other places where I have a few good friends are currently safe. Our world is so sad. Rebekah buys a single purse and when it wears out she tracks down an identical one. LOL! Any vacation I took with my folks and with my hubby and kids are the very best memories no matter where we went. I lost a purse once at a Christmas party. My office was hosting.A creepy real estate guy took it. I know this because he claimed he found it by the river and the purse was suede and we had a huge snowstorm so no way that suede would have survived. He did steal my cash, the creep. My mom and her sister took me to his fancy house in the rich area of town and my little mother said if he looked wrong at me she would crash dad's truck through his front door and she and Auntie Mary would beat him. LOL because they weighed about 100 lbs. each! HaHaHa! Good luck with the new job location and see your doctor ASAP! ALways better to be safe and healthy than have something come up due to being over stressed. HUGS
ReplyDelete