Friday, May 10, 2019

Friday Letters



Woo-hoo, it's Friday!  High-time to write some thank-you notes.  Anyone care to look over my shoulder?

Oh, by the way.  I've not received (nor been offered) any compensation/reward for these vignettes.

* * *



Dear Thred-up,
How fun to receive not 1, but 3 polka-dot boxes!  I wouldn't have put money on it  … but everything fits!  Best, I spent only $58 for Ryka sneakers + 3 pair of jeans … that look nicer than those in my closet!


I had to chuckle at this reference to gold-digging!

New-with-tags + extra insoles and laces.  Score!

A (seemingly) sincere note from the CEO.  Color me impressed!

* * *



Dear Country BBQ,

Thank you for your consistently generous portions.  I've a new favorite roadhouse!
My pulled-pork salad, the size of a dinner plate!

Tom's roast-beef and onions sandwich.

Funky décor.  I've never  heard of chicken dinner candy.  Have you?

* * *


Dear Copper Chef,
A skeptic by nature, I'm delighted that your no-stick claims are really true!  Without even trying, I'm able to successfully prepare 'over-easy' eggs using only a rubber spatula.





* * *

Dear Tom,
Thank you for buying an extra pair of ramps.  When you fell while driving the mower out of your shed last week, I knew there was no way I'd ever attempt that on two rails.






* * *

Dear blog family,
Thank you for being my very own rainy-day friends.
Won't you sing along?




Have a sweet weekend … stay safe!

Hugs, Myra


24 comments:

  1. I love my copper pan so much I bought a 2nd one, one is round the other square. they are still like new and I have had them for about a year I think. I have not heard of thred up..and quickly went to their site to browse. it is a great idea, so glad you found things that fit and are nice. I have no problem with used items at all... like all other sites, now they make you sign in to browse and that really irritates me. they are ALL doing it now and I always refuse to sign in, but because my cuoristy bump wanted to see what they had I did...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was your post where I first got the itch to have some copper cookware. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I like the fact they let us save all our sizes before we shop and only shows what they have for us, not for others. great site

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not thrilled with my Copper Chef pan. It's okay, but not great. At some point something got cooked in it that scorched and there is a dark spot that will not come off the inside bottom. Also, the copper on the outside and rim seems to scratch very easily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I once bought a pair of shoes from the Internet. They sent me three. Three shoes not three pairs. Two left shoes the same size, one right shoe the right size I ordered. I wrote to them. They asked me if I wanted three pairs of shoes. I said no, I wanted one pair. They said, OK, send us the extra shoe that you have. I told them the extra shoe I have happens to be a right foot shoe which I ordered and it is of the right size. The other two shoes are both left shoes, same size, both wrong size for my feet, and different colour. So which shoe do they want back. They said a left shoe. I said then I would have two shoes, one left and one right, for both feet, but different sizes and different colours. They said does this matter? I said yes, it matters. They said OK, then have the extra shoe we sent you as a free gift from us as a good will gesture. I don't think they were generous. I think I've been had.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There goes customer service … right out the window.

      Delete
  5. Goodness, Myra, I'm glad to know you nailed such a bargain with Thread Up. I'm going to have to look into buying from them in the future. And those portions at the restaurant? Enormous! If I went there, I'd definitely have to split the meal with someone or ask for a to-go box.
    Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, we ate the whole thing.
      … and THAT's probably the reason I'm still wearing size 12. Ha!

      Delete
  6. I ordered some shoes once and was thrilled how they fit. I am hooked. Me 'n Tom, I like BBQ but that sandwich of Tom's hit me!
    Chicken candy???? not me! LOL

    I must say I could not understand Gordon, but that is okay, I don't understand most songs, BUT I was mesmerized as I tried, just watching a record spin, it has been sooooo long since I saw that. My mind wandered thru the entire song! WOW
    Love it,
    WE B here,
    Sherry & jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! There's a meme on Facebook, talking how young people today don't understand the thrill of putting the record needle down in JUST the right spot.

      Delete
  7. I was wondering about that copper pan. Thanks for the endorsement! The food looks delicious!! Neat what you got from Thred-Up. DIL works for a similar company StitchFix. Its fascinating when she is describing her job. If I had the stamina to do it (I don't) I'd certainly apply.

    Happy Mother's Day if you don't post between now and then.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Betty. I've never heard of StichFix, but will check it out!

      Delete
  8. You just knew I'd Google Chicken Dinner Candy Bars,didn't you?

    They were first introduced in 1923 and the name was inspired by Hoover's campaign message "A chicken in every pot". The candy didn't contain any chicken, but it consisted of chocolate and nuts.
    They stopped making it in 1962.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never even thought about Google. Now I feel a whole lot smarter. :) Thanks, Jon!

      Delete
  9. I am questioning how you received the three polka dot boxes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't spend $79+ to get free shipping, but $5.66 wasn't outrageous. Two boxes were delivered by FedEx and the third by the Postal Service.

      Delete
  10. I have two of those copper skillets and love them! Your pulled pork salad looks yummy!! Great buys at ThredUp!! Wishing you a blessed weekend, Myra!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, another cooper cookware fan! My only issue is remembering to be careful they don't slide off 'home base' on our ceramic stovetop.

      Delete
  11. I never heard if ThredUp, but I'm intrigued. I'll have to check it out.

    Yipes, that's a LOT of pulled... and beef. Each plate looks like it could feed a small family.

    I'm glad Jon checked out the Chicken Dinner candy bar... now I don't have to!

    I absolutely LOVE my Red Copper skillets, both the round ones and the square ones. My brother recommended their pans for oven-cooking bacon, too, so I got one, but don't care for it. It takes too darned long to cook the bacon, and it's just as easy to cook it on the stove... and it's easier to be in control of how well it's cooked, too.

    Have a super weekend. Happy Mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope my hubby doesn't discover that bacon pan! Until Winter rolls around again, I'm hoping not to use our oven.

      I hope you'll like ThredUp!

      Delete
  12. I haven't heard of Thread Up, I will have to check them out. Those meals look awesome. We love Copper Pot, we have the square one which we use all the time. I happen to have two fry pans that we bought at Costco by someone else a few years ago that are working great so I haven't gotten the fry pan from Copper Pot yet but I would definitely buy one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. your goodie bags from thred up look wonderful, indeed. i just got back from my fathers funeral on the east coast so i'm behind on my blog reading and commenting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Your comments mean the world to me!