Saturday, May 18, 2019

Currently - Part I





G'morning!   



Outside my Window
I blinked, and Spring turned to Summer.




I think these are some kind of gardenia bushes.  So very sad how quickly the blooms yellow … not unlike an ancestral bridal gown.


I'm Thinking

It isn't such a bad idea to have begun Ladies Bible study.

I was concerned they might be a bit pious.  Or worse, offended when they learned I haven't opened a Bible since 8th grade.
Everyone is really nice and down-to-earth.


I'm Thankful
Our oven door has finally been replaced.  Woot!


One of my Favorite Things
My olden camp trunk, turned keeper of blankets.  I love seeing my dad's distinctive print.


In the Kitchen
I'm going to try making this next week!

Super Pimento Cheese

8 oz. cream cheese, softened
8 oz. medium cheddar cheese
8 oz. Colby and Monterey Jack blend
1 can Ro-Tel
4 oz. jar diced pimentos
1 c. mayonnaise
Smidgen of red pepper
1/4 t. salt; 1/4 t. paprika
1/4 t. garlic powder; 1/8 t. black pepper

Put Ro-Tel and pimentos in colander to drain.  Leave at least 10 minutes, going by every few minutes to toss and shake out all the liquid.
Put cream cheese in a medium bowl and add all the spices. Finely grate cheddar and other cheese together in large bowl. Add Ro-Tel and pimentos to the cream cheese bowl and beat until well blended.  Add the mayonnaise and beat again.  Pour over the grated cheese.  Gently mix thoroughly.

Best when chilled overnight.


Dreaming about
Taking a road trip to Cape San Blas, Port St. Joe and/or Fairhope.
(If you read Sean of the South you understand where I'm coming from.)


A Thought to Carry With You


… to be continued!

Thank you so much for choosing to spend a few minutes with me.  Have a great weekend … stay safe!

Hugs, Myra







15 comments:

  1. I am glad you found a good group to be part of. It can be difficult to do that and if you find the wrong one it can be so discouraging. It sounds like these women will encourage your growth in a kind and loving way. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hope so! I don't yet know them well, but it feels good to have friends in real-life my own age! (v. y'all -- my precious cyber friends, that is!)

      Delete
  2. did not know where Port st Joe or the others are, now I do and see it is a long trip. have fun, stay safe and enjoy the gulf beaches... so glad you liked the Bible study.. yay. I love pimento cheese, I buy mine though. the reciped sounds devine and I would love it but not if I had to MAKE it myself. mothers was the best ever or so I thought. no cream cheese in hers but I love cream cheese on a spoon or in any recipe. mouth is watering

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't either! Right now, that's just a 'want.' With all the unexpected repairs to the house, there's little room for fun and games just yet.

      Delete
  3. I love GOOD pimento Cheese! Either by the spoonful or in a toasted sandwich. But, BUT I love that label, and can UNDERSTAND the feeling when you recognize who wrote it at a glance. My dad scribbled, but I could recognize it too. WE always enjoy a look inside your life, and yes I too read old Sean and that dude (like you) can make things come alive and comes across as "REAL!"
    Hug Bro Tom and enjoy the weekend.
    From NC, Sherry & jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, there's NO WAY I'm anything (good) like Sean … but you've got me floating on air. :) Did you know, this recipe came from one of his commenters last week.

      PS - Now I'm wanting to add Tuscumbia to my wish list... if only to try a hoecake. I'd never heard of that!

      Delete
    2. Mama's hoe cake was nothing more than biscuit dough fried on the stove top. I think hoecake must be 'southern' for any fried bread.
      anyway, yeah your entries are VERY GOOD, I love your wit!

      Delete
  4. I like a lot of what you have written here today. Best wishes on your Bible Study group. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Please tell us more as you progress.

    The best thing you wrote is: We are imperfect because we are unfinished.

    So true. There are no rejects from God's production line.

    God bless you, Mevely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to take credit for that quote; unfortunately, someone at Bible study beat me to it! Good to know God's production line contains no rejects!

      Delete
  5. Okay - I had to Google Ro-Tel. I assumed it was some sort of potent (and perhaps illegal) Asian "spice". I was surprised that it's merely tomatoes and chilies....
    The pimento cheese thing sounds fantastic - but too much trouble to make.

    Your father's distinctive print reminds me of my father's very similar distinctive print.
    And I'm guilty of it, too.
    Could it be some sort of mysterious "man" thing?

    BTW - I love gardenias. They're my favorite flower. I remember the heavenly night-scent of gardenias when I lived in California.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm astounded you never made Ro-Tel dip (with Velveeta … ugh.)! That, and hibachi grills were a staple in my 1970-something life. Of course, I think you were off on far grander adventures. :)

      Delete
  6. Glad you are so far enjoying Bible study. They usually are filled with "normal" people just trying to learn more about God and what "makes him tick." Some of my fondest memories are the times spent at Bible studies.

    Yea on the oven door being fixed!!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy to know you've found a ladies' Bible study group to join. Staying in the Word is so vitally important. I'm now on my fourth year of reading the Bible all the way through, and I've yet to be let down. Let us know here, from time to time, what book(s) you are studying together.
    Blessings, Myra!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do they smell like gardenias? Bible study is always a good thing. Glad your going. Hooray for the oven door. Love the trunk.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is great that your Bible study group seems to be a good fit for you!! Excellent! Let us know, please, how the pimento cheese turns out. I love it - have for years and years but never tried making it. I know you are thrilled with the oven door!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Your comments mean the world to me!