Hello there!
I'm pondering ...
Whether I really want to replace our villainous rusted dishwasher -- or, convert that opening into extra storage space. A freezer, perhaps.
Tom's not on board, but I'm not letting it go just yet.
I'm feeling ...
Confused, impatient, annoyed.
Today is Day #26 of Atkins and I've lost not quite 5 lbs. Unless my Biotin supplements contain sugar (ha), I've not consumed more than 5-6 grams of carbs a day.
When I first became a disciple (back in the 70's) I'd easily lose 5 lbs. in a week! I know 'keto' is all the craze now, but I refuse to buy their magic powders or do intermittent fasting.
I'm reading ...
Anyone else? … Your thoughts?
This, the current focus of Ladies Bible study. So relieved to learn there's more to the group than just reading the Bible!
Good to know ...
My DIL is really a sharp dresser. Think stylish, yet inexpensive. Like many, she's fond of wearing long tunic tops over skinny pants or leggings.
Disappointed at the decline in quality of Target's women's wear, she recently turned to the nicer selection in the children's department. Sure enough, a girl's dress (size 12-14) makes a really attractive tunic top!
Oh my goodness!
Talk about marked decline! A year exposed to the elements under the trees has done a number on my car's paint. Before it could worsen, Tom bought this cover.
But talk about a challenge getting it on! The old phrase, "trying to catch a greased pig" comes pretty close. Aside from the bungy cords I bought, does anyone have a suggestion?
Something to remember …
(Click to enlarge)
Be good … be safe!
Hugs, Myra





I like the idea of the 5 finger prayer. I would vote for a freezer instead of a dishwasher because if you keep food in a dishwasher it will defrost and rot. Is the extra storage space enough for you to park your car there? Just wondering. I like being helpful with my advice.
ReplyDeleteGod bless you, Mevely. Keep smiling always.
Thank you for consistently affording me something to smile about!
DeleteBit of bad news...they say the older a woman gets, the more she has to do a lot more exercise to lose weight.
ReplyDeleteI like the 5-finger prayer!
Bleah … I hate exercise! All the same, I'm picking up my pace to 2 mi/day.
DeleteLest I forget I love author Lisa's cover. That is catching.
ReplyDeleteI smiled at imagining you with the car cover. Having had the same type problem today on a much smaller project! ha!
Then to SPACE/dishwashers. It is a dilemma for sure. Once back in this house I declared 'We will use the dishwasher even if it is once a week.' BUT WE have not.
The cost of storage or drawers built will probably amount to at least half the D/W cost. It is really a toss up. I love a D/W when you have a crowd. That is seldom with us, but at present we do not need the storage space so the D/W will sit there.
Love to you and Bro Tom
Sherry & jack
Good points, Jack. Ya, we'll probably leave it 'as is' for now.
DeleteWonder if you need to mix up your calories a bit on Atkins. Wonder if your body is holding on to the food because its afraid its not going to get enough food to live on. Maybe eat "high" calories one day (I know Atkins doesn't work that way but you'll know what I mean) and "lower" other days. Confuse the body a bit.
ReplyDeleteI haven't read the book by Lisa Terkeurst. Seems to me I heard her name before for another book but I'm drawing a blank. Me, myself, absolutely enjoys reading the Bible. God's word is sharper than a double edged sword and it never comes back empty :) I love how things I've read over the years I re-read and new insights just jump off the page for me that I hadn't seen before :) I can never not imagine not reading the Bible; its word is a lamp for my feet and a light for my path :)
The car cover certainly does the job :)
betty
Good suggestions, Betty … thanks! I think you might enjoy this book; Lysa Terkeurst's narratives are quite compelling.
Deleteyou continue to shock me when you make comments that are so much ME.... 30 years ago we moved in this house and there was no dishwasher, but there was a hole and a hook up. I got Bob to build a shelf in it and that is where the microwave lives and under it are the two trash cans for recycle.... who needs a dishwasher? I would if we entertained but we don't. I can hand dishes for 2.
ReplyDeletethe only car we ever covered was the corvette that lived in the garage, and it was a dust cover so easy to put on... no help from me sadly. what a great idea to use the childrens clothing. I am way to big for that but would if I could.
I think you are already the size you are meant to me and that is why the low weight loss on atkins. check your bmi online and I bet you are right where you should be.
Darn! I was all excited about Tom building a microwave shelf … then realized the m/w is significantly wider than the space. Oh, vey!
DeleteI am back to put the bmi calculator that uses age and your target weight link. I did mine and printed and took to my doctor. she said I had my target to low … I am pasting here so others can try it if they want to…. when you do it read all the info that comes up https://www.smartbmicalculator.com/
ReplyDeleteI LOVE this link so much. Sure surprised at the results, and in fact, did it twice. Whoop!
DeleteI loved the 5-finger prayer, Myra! And no, can't help you out with the car cover; makes me feel so blessed to have a garage.
ReplyDeleteHave a great week!
Ya, here's just another case of Myra not appreciating what she had until it was gone. Thanks for visiting, Martha!
DeleteI am hurrying through to catch up but some of the folks who go north for the summer and leave a car here use the same kind of cover with some kind of strapping over the hood and the boot. The straps go under the car and around so not good if you are driving it often. They are gone during hurricane season so I guess the straps offer some extra strength.
ReplyDeleteOh, that would drive me to drink! (Not such a far journey - lol.) I can't believe hurricane season is already here.
DeleteI've never heard of the five finger prayer - but I've often been the recipient of the middle finger insult.
ReplyDeleteI've always had dishwashers but NEVER used them. Kall me krazy, but I prefer to wash dishes by hand. Replacing yours with a freezer sounds like a more practical idea.
Unfortunately I still can't fit my car in the crowded garage and it has been RAVAGED by the elements. I thought about getting a car cover....but it's (probably) too late.
As for Target - - they used to have good clothes, but lately the quality does seem to be diminishing.
BTW - you don't need to lose weight. Have some cheesecake.
Funny fella! True story: I was reading the 5-finger prayer to ladies at Bible study yesterday … complete with gestures to illustrate. When I got to the middle finger everyone burst out laughing.
DeleteFirst off, I agree with Jon. You don't need to lose weight. Ask your doctor. I told mine I wanted to lose 20 pounds, and she about had a hissy fit. She doesn't want me to lose any weight at all! Said people my age get too frail and have a tendency to fall, and she'd much rather keep me just as I am. She finally relented and said I could lose no more than ten pounds if I reeeeeally wanted to. Meh. It'd probably be better for both of us if we concentrated more on getting adequate exercise. (I know. Dirty word.)
ReplyDeleteI do use our dishwasher, but I kinda hand-wash the dishes before I put them in. But in my defense, I don't need to run it every day, so why should I let the dishes sit in there all crusted with food? Yuk. If this one broke, I doubt if I'd want a new one. Like your hubby, mine would probably want to replace it, but I never minded washing dishes by hand, and that extra space could come in handy.
I haven't discussed it with my doctor … but you raise a good point. Like my mother, I've osteoporosis. Unfortunately, she was quite small and frail which contributed to her fractures.
DeleteSorry I haven't been around it my grandson's graduation weekend and we had tons of company.
ReplyDeleteWe have studied a book by Lysa Terkerst in bible study too, but not that one. She had a tough life too.
Love the five finger prayer!
sandie
But what a GREAT reason! I'm loving the photos you've shared so far on FB. Andy looks so happy, and I'm glad your son was able to attend.
DeleteThe extra freezer sounds nice. I only use our dishwasher once a week to do glassware. However there are times when we have company when the dishwasher really comes in handy. I'm finding it harder to lose weight on low carb yet years ago I lost so much so fast. I won't do Keto, just way too confusing for me. Low carb is an easy diet. Keep it up, it will come off. Sounds like an interesting book. Has it been helpful. Love the finger prayer....
ReplyDelete