So, I've a real fondness for unusual writing instruments.
(Not that I own any right now!)
In fact, I was happy as a clam with my PaperMate Flex Grip ballpoints until the last one recently passed away. I discovered PaperMate no longer sells that particular model.
Unfortunately, instead of trying one out first, I purchased an entire box of something PM calls InkJoy. Guess what? They bleed like the dickens. If you - or someone you know - is left-handed like me you know why that's a Big Deal.
This morning I was reminded of 'Secret Santa' exchanges and being asked what sort of things we like. More often than not I'd respond, "A pen."
This morning I was reminded of 'Secret Santa' exchanges and being asked what sort of things we like. More often than not I'd respond, "A pen."
Since I'm always interested in getting to know my friends a little better …
What about you?
If someone were to gift you a 'little something' costing $25 or less, what would you be most delighted to receive?
Or!
If you're like the Mad Snapper (HA! I know her answer, already!) what sort of thing would you be most likely to take home and put away in the back of your coat closet?
Have a great Monday everyone … be safe!
Hugs, Myra


you do know me WELL! I can think of NOTHING that I would like someone to gift me unless I could tell them exactly what I wanted, pick it out myself. in that case... hummmmm on the under 25.00 still thinking.
ReplyDeleteI loved those PM pens and have not been able to find them, I bought a package of ten and I despise them. I just went to see what they are and they are Papermate INKJOY.... ha ha. they are horrible.
just thought of a gift I would use. Battereies, AAA or AA . the bigger the pack the better. OR just give me CASH
I like my pens medium point and I want them to flow... you have given me a post.
Batteries is a wonderful idea! I'm looking forward to your comedic spin on these pens!
DeleteA gift card to Starbucks :)
ReplyDeleteI hate when you can't find something because they stop selling it. We had one of those Scrubbing Bubbles type thing for the shower to keep it clean. Worked really well too. But they stopped making it for some reason.
betty
I HATE when that happens! Lately I've encountered that in the cosmetics aisle.
DeleteI would ask for a gift card! LOL Pens don't do anything for me. We have so many freebies around that we won't need to buy a pen for 20 years! BUT the only gift I don't like to receive is flowers.
ReplyDeleteFlowers. I so 'get' that with your cats. Since her vet hinted that our burning scented candles may have contributed to Caraleigh's demise, I'm that way about candles.
DeleteI am not smart enough to keep track of the pens, but I have just bought some and love the way the ink 'flows' rather than 'rolls' off a ball. This one I am using now just says BIC but it has a CAP and I prefer a click.
ReplyDeleteI am not imaginative enough, but I must agree with Sandra, batteries... I would never have thought of that and I just bought a pack of AAAs today.
Anyway, I always enjoy the 'water cooler' picture!!! NEAT!
Sherry & jack
I am not imaginative but I know everyone can use CASH. And I have to agree with S
I prefer a click as well! Yep cash is always the right color and the right size. :)
DeleteI write letters and cards and like pens. Every so often I buy a few at the local stationery store, cheap ones. I am left handed too and found I can not do calligraphy, smear as you go, ha ha. I like what the people at the water cooler are wearing.
ReplyDeleteThanks for commenting on the water cooler picture. I do, too! (Like their clothes, that is.)
DeleteOh, please, please, please, a gift card to Amazon! Never can have enough books, can we?
ReplyDeleteMyra, I'm picky about my pens, too. I love my Pilot G-2, but since you're a lefty, that might smear and smudge for you.
Blessings!
Amazon's a wonderful choice! I may have to check out that Pilot G-2 … thanks for the suggestion!
DeleteI'm with Martha Jane (above comment). I'd like more books from Amazon.
ReplyDeleteOr, what the heck - maybe a big box of chocolates.
Can you get chocolates for under $25 nowadays?
My mindset is still trapped in the 1960's.
Chocolates … wow. Not sure why, but that surprised me. Crunchy or gooey (innards)?
DeleteI would take a gift a gift card from Amazon or Walmart - I have a list of things I need! No junk as I am downsizing.
ReplyDeleteI hear you on downsizing! Wouldn't it be cool if 'normal' middle-age folks could set up a registry like for newlyweds and new parents?
DeleteAny gift given or received should be edible. If it is not edible it is not worth having. The next book I write will be edible. AND it will be on Amazon - in the food section.
ReplyDeleteI bought a pen once. Nothing unusual about that. But I thought I'd mention it. It was not edible. So I threw it away.
Can't think much to write about just now. I have a short attention span. One moment I am writing something and the next ... ... ... ...
God bless.
Ha! Now you're making me hungry!
DeleteI would not suggest pens as have tons of advertising pens (most write really well) that will dry up before I use them all. Maybe a candle. I rarely buy one for myself but if someone gifts me one I do burn it.
ReplyDeleteI used to give candles as gifts all the time!
DeleteLove the water cooler photo. The clothing is great! Reminds me of Fred Astaire. Sigh! I love gift cards or CASH and batteries are a great gift. Nick goes through batteries like mad! I found a great sale at Home Depot. I hid the package from him! LOL!I have some Bic Atlantis pens which I like. I only use click pens. Every time I find a great one they discontinue them! Being left handed I understand your frustration! I use to be a candle person now I use the essential oils and diffuser's. I like specific combinations to help with headache pain or allergies. It is always fun to stop by here. Hugs xo
ReplyDeleteI do enjoy pens. As far as giving a gift I often do a cute patterned dish towel because I love to collect them. I've given out candles or just recently I did mugs with See's Dark Chocolate balls in them.
ReplyDelete