... Volume 353, that is.
Click HERE to play along!
Last place you visited/patronized where you felt like you were given 'the royal treatment'?
It's been 30-ish years, but cruising aboard the (now-defunct) Sitmar line isn't something I'm likely to forget. Compared to today's mega-liners, their more intimate ships and all-Italian crew combined to make me feel exquisite!
Ah well. These days, when my hairdresser shampoos my head I feel pretty special. Little things mean a lot!
Last task you completed that was a 'royal pain'?
The last year spent at my former workplace. At the risk of sounding melodramatic, it was nearly my undoing ... I don't know that I could have (psychologically) survived another year.
How have your strengths helped you succeed? How have your faults hindered you?
Succeed? I'm not sure perseverance counts as success. I have to credit my parent's example of dogged determination. On the other hand, my insecurities and failure to stand up for myself probably led some people to believe I'm not terribly smart.
If you found a remote that could rewind, fast forward, stop and start time, what would you do with it?
Oh, were I only noble enough to toss it into the Coosa River! But no. There's definitely a 'line in the sand' I fantasize about erasing.
Any special plans for the Memorial Day weekend? Will you in some way honor or recognize the meaning of this day (remembering the people who died in service to their country)? Have you ever been to Arlington National Cemetery? Does your town do anything special to mark the day?
I've honestly no idea! We've always enjoyed PBS specials from D.C. and, of course, the Indy 500.
Because Troy and Lois are travelling to Nashville for the U-2 concert, I'm hoping our grand-girls might come by.
Speaking of grands! I've no real memories of having visited Arlington with my parents ... but Sarah flew to Virginia a couple of weeks ago to visit her fella. She wrote, "In 4 hours we managed to walk 10 miles and tackle Arlington National Cemetery, witnessed changing of the guard, Arlington Memorial Bridge, Lincoln Memorial, Reflecting Pool, WWII Memorial, Washington National Monument, Museum of National History, National Archives Museum and North Gate of the White House."
Love that girl's interest in our Nation's history!
Insert your own random thought HERE:
Given my penchant for have to know where the nearest 'facilities' are at any place or time, this cracked me up!
Happy Wednesday, y'all ... be safe!
Hugs,
Myra





What a royally enjoyable post ! With the recent royal wedding I was thinking just how great it must be to be a princess. I know that all my granddaughters love to be princesses. It's a life we will never know, but one can dream always ! Hope you find something enjoy this Memorial Day weekend...right there at your new home !
ReplyDeleteDreams are fun ... mini vacations, if you will. Happy Memorial Day weekend to you, too!
DeleteThat sign: HA HA!!!
ReplyDeleteI know, right?! :)))
Deletebob has stated IN PUBLIC PLACES, that I know where every restroom in our city is in every building. he is right and I don't need help. ha ha
ReplyDeletewow on the 10 mile visit to all those monuments. love it. and that counts for you.
I got a spanking on the steps to the Lincolm Memorial when I was 8 years old. does that count? I know exactly where I would go in time with that machine and what I would erase and re do. I took early retirement at 62 because I did not think I would survive to retire at 65. the day I left I was in physical pain and mental pain. 2 week went by and all the pain was gone.
A spanking at the Lincoln Memorial sounds memorable, indeed! I say, yes; that counts! I still have occasional nightmares about the workplace, but the stress has all but disappeared.
DeleteI love that sign!! So funny! Ever since the kids and their potty training days, I've retained the "ability" to go into a store and start looking for the restrooms to this day, close to 30 years ago. Good thing though since now I'm the one that oftentimes needs it sooner than later (darn aging). It is so easy to walk that many miles in DC and not realize you are doing so. Sounded like a fun trip for your grand daughter!
ReplyDeletebetty
Yup, darn aging. I can identify!
Delete... But I think it's way improbable I'd even make one mile, much less 10.
If I had a remote that could control time I'd like to be able to see the future, but only a few seconds before it happens. That way, I could say, "Bless you" just before someone sneezes!
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
Now THAT would make an excellent parlor trick!
DeletePerseverance counts as success and it counts as a strength (in my book!!).
ReplyDeleteThank you, Lisa!
DeleteThat sign is a hoot. Sorry about all that drama in the workplace. It took me awhile to put working in the public behind me when I retired. Yes, your granddaughter is smart to even care about history at this stage. Have a great memorial day.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Mary! Her dad was/is also passionate about history. Don't know WHERE that came from, because I hated it!
DeleteI've never been on an ocean cruise. I'd like to - if only things could revert to the more elegant times of the past. The cruise ship photo of you is lovely.
ReplyDeleteI especially liked your answer about strengths and faults. It could have been written by me.
I was just going to wish you a great Labor Day Weekend - - until I realized it will be Memorial Day!
Thanks, Jon! Unfortunately, I think the more elegant times aboard ship -- evening formal wear, cherries jubilee prepared tableside, etc. are long gone ... save SilverSeas and few other liners reserved for the Upper Crust.
DeleteThat last is hilarious! I'm with you on finding the restrooms wherever we go (no pun intended)! Hope your grands come by this weekend!! I enjoyed reading your HP answers!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much!
DeleteStanding up for one self can be hard.
ReplyDeleteYes it is!
DeleteI must amen Mary about the sign and Lisa on perseverance. This is my favorite time, reading your responses. Girl, You are good!
ReplyDeleteFor a few years Sherry and I worked over looking Arlington Cemetery. We picnic'd lunch many times watching activities there. It was always sorta sacred to me, knowing there were real heroes there some who gave their lives YOUNG. I spent my 20 and never got a scratch. HONOR, YOU bet!
Anyway, good, sweet post. Love from the old man.... Hug Tom for me!
Sacred, yes. Thank you for your service, Jack!
DeleteA time remote would come in handy, especially when my knees are screaming.
ReplyDeleteKnees? No problem.
Delete.....That is until I moved to Alabama!
I've never been on a cruise but I'm sure it was amazing. I know we can't go back but it is definitely something to wonder about had we done things differently. What a great adventure Sarah had! Love the restroom sign.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Debby! I will always miss when ships were ships and not floating buildings.
Deleteloved seeing you on the cruise. and got a big kick out of the restroom sign exclaiming, "you can do it."
ReplyDeleteLoved the sign! I hope your girls make it by!
ReplyDeleteI always enjoy reading these Q&A posts. You weren't just treated like royalty on that cruise... you LOOK like royalty, too. Very elegant.
ReplyDeleteBecause I grew up in Baltimore, I visited D.C many times, and that included Arlington. Since my hubby and I are both history nerds, we took our kids there a few times, too.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Thanks for sharing this useful info..
ReplyDeletetitle company blockchain