One of my favorite authors, Sarah Ban Breathnach, had me laughing out loud this morning with her opening:
"I don't think many of our true loves are awaiting with bated breath for a partridge in a pear tree this year."
How did she know I'd be feeling overwhelmed .... near despair at not yet finding the Perfect-Whimsical-WOW! gifts I so long to present my loved ones?
I'm intrigued by her challenge: "Why don't you try to give them the Right Stuff?"
Certainly, it's a tall order .....
Still, I'd much rather focus on this mindset and give it a go!
From Simple Abundance:
On the 1st day of Christmas, I gave to my true loves:
The gift of my Undivided Attention
On the 2nd day of Christmas I gave to my true loves:
The gift of Enthusiasm
On the 3rd day of Christmas I gave to my true loves:
The gift of Creative Energy
On the 4th day of Christmas I gave to my true loves:
The gift of Simple Seasonal Pleasures
On the 5th day of Christmas I gave to my true loves:
The gift of Tenderness
On the 6th day of Christmas I gave to my true loves:
The gift of Good Cheer
On the 7th day of Christmas I gave to my true loves:
The gift of Beauty
On the 8th day of Christmas I gave to my true loves:
The gift of Communication
On the 9th day of Christmas I gave to my true loves:
The gift of Surprise
On the 10th day of Christmas I gave to my true loves:
The gift of Wonder
On the 11th day of Christmas I gave to my true loves:
The gift of Peaceful Surroundings
On the 12th day of Christmas I gave to my true loves:
The gift of Joy
_ _ _
Be ready for the gifts of God!

Wonderful! I especially like the words at the bottom: Be ready for the gifts of God! I also like the piano music. I'm thinking about you often these days as I read something almost every day about "your" football team.
ReplyDeleteNow this is the best Christmas crossover song I've heard. Love this message.
ReplyDeleteGreat post. We need to give each other those things that really matter. Our time, our love, our Saviour!!!
ReplyDeletethis is a great list....and good post. thanks Mevely....☺☺☺
ReplyDeleteThat was a lovely post and so true. Have a blessed Sunday.
ReplyDeleteLove your "Twelve Days' list.
ReplyDeleteJane
Now there's a list of the best gifts one could receive!
ReplyDeleteThese are great gifts and the ones that I really would treasure. The gift of undivided attention really caught my eye. I need to be giving that much more often, especially at work. Hope you have a great Sunday!
ReplyDeleteOh, this is very good! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful. I like this version of the song. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Charlotte
I love your list too - I wish we could all give those things - nice list. sandie
ReplyDeleteI am loving this--
ReplyDeleteThis is the ultimate list that would thrill anyone! But...in truth, a somewhat difficult gift to give....very hard to to do all that sad to say.
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas my precious friend!
ReplyDelete