For someone unaccustomed to cooking, I chose the path of least resistance ... a quick n' easy slow-cooker sausage dip. Well, color me flabbergasted at the response ... 3rd shift practically licked the bottom of the pot, and there were several requests for the recipe.
With SuperBowl parties being planned as we speak, I thought I'd share:
- 1 tube Jimmy Dean pork sausage (mild or spicy, depending on preference)
- 1 8-oz. package Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 8-oz. can Ro-Tel (original) diced tomatoes and green chilies (drained)
- Crumble and fry sausage, then drain well.
- Add cream cheese and Ro-Tel and mix by hand.