Fish and chips with Donald Duck. I'm intrigued as to why he wears a jacket only yet he covers his lower part when out of the shower. He can have my fish portion if he has a good answer.
I think I would like to eat with Anne of Green Gables. Why??? Because I love the way she looks at Her world and her straight forward way of speaking with a dash of humor too. What a great question Myra... love to know your answer ... Sue
My dinner guest? That would be Fr. Ignatius, the protagonist in several of my friend Victor's books. (https://victormoubarak.wixsite.com/victormoubarak/books-co77) I think of him as a cross between Marcus Welby, M.D. and Jessica Fletcher (Murder, She Wrote).
What a nice and kind thing to say, Mevely. Thank you so much. I am honoured and humbled by your support and encouragement. Thank you for linking to my website.
I am (slowly) writing a new Father Ignatius novel. Please pray for inspiration.
OH SUE ABOVE ME IN THE COMMENTS< you took the words right out of my mouth, literally! I was just getting ready to write my answer and looked at Sue's comment, and I was getting ready to write "Anne of Green Gables", and we would be eating cake and having "raspberry cordial", only it would be the real raspberry cordial and not the elderberry wine or whatever it was that she served her "Busom Buddy" Diana by accident! LOL. Sue, "great minds think alike". Myra, thank you for peaking our imaginations. Who would YOU be dining with and what would you be eating?
Pam, please see my answer (above). Thanks for asking! Oh, and I'd treat the good Father to some of Alabama's best -- smoked ribs, Camp Stew and banana pudding!
I would definitely dine with the Old Ones at The Glade if they truly came to life. I guess I came close enough to doing so in my novels, and that's the best my imagination can do. Blessings, Myra!
Gosh, I've read some good books. King Arthur, from The Once and Future King. We'd have turkey legs and whatever else was served in Camelot. Hahaha! I'm all wrapped up in The Isle of Man series, and really like Fenella. That meal would be fish and chips and a glass of wine! Or Stephanie Plum and pizza. It all sounds so fun! xo
Oh, Wow! I can think of so many characters I would love to "meet"! The first would have to be Anne of Green Gables and her busom buddy, Diana. And of course, Marilla! Then I would head over to visit with Marmee and the Little Women. At some point, the beautiful Dashwood sisters and their mother would invite me to their precious little cottage. And of course, Father Tim over in Mitford would be a delightful tea partner... So many! How on earth could I pick just one to share a wonderful meal with?
I'm a complete bust -- I don't read fiction. Except I have listened to True Grit. Not sure what I would eat expect my usual healthy but boring (to others) stuff. 😊
I cannot think of any fictional person I'd like to eat dinner with, but it would be great to go out to eat with you! You always find the best places to eat and I love cheese cake too!
Jack Reacher, Lee Child's,Reacher, not the movies Reacher's and we would be eating burgers and fries in a 50's diner, with a Jukebox that takes quarters. Tarzan and/or Jane, from Tarzan and he City of Gold. Last but not least, Thor, the canine in the book Thor by Dean Koonz OR Hooch the pooch in the movie Hooch. Nancy Drew, all grown up now. Any Sackett, male or female in a Louis L'Amour book
Fish and chips with Donald Duck. I'm intrigued as to why he wears a jacket only yet he covers his lower part when out of the shower. He can have my fish portion if he has a good answer.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
Good one! 😄
DeleteI think I would like to eat with Anne of Green Gables. Why???
ReplyDeleteBecause I love the way she looks at Her world and her straight forward way of speaking with a dash of humor too.
What a great question Myra... love to know your answer ...
Sue
Sue, you have to see my comment below!!
DeleteWould you believe, I've never read Anne of Green Gables? Should I put it on the list?
DeleteMy dinner guest? That would be Fr. Ignatius, the protagonist in several of my friend Victor's books. (https://victormoubarak.wixsite.com/victormoubarak/books-co77)
DeleteI think of him as a cross between Marcus Welby, M.D. and Jessica Fletcher (Murder, She Wrote).
What a nice and kind thing to say, Mevely. Thank you so much. I am honoured and humbled by your support and encouragement. Thank you for linking to my website.
DeleteI am (slowly) writing a new Father Ignatius novel. Please pray for inspiration.
God bless you dear friend.
OH SUE ABOVE ME IN THE COMMENTS< you took the words right out of my mouth, literally! I was just getting ready to write my answer and looked at Sue's comment, and I was getting ready to write "Anne of Green Gables", and we would be eating cake and having "raspberry cordial", only it would be the real raspberry cordial and not the elderberry wine or whatever it was that she served her "Busom Buddy" Diana by accident! LOL. Sue, "great minds think alike". Myra, thank you for peaking our imaginations. Who would YOU be dining with and what would you be eating?
ReplyDeletePam, please see my answer (above). Thanks for asking!
DeleteOh, and I'd treat the good Father to some of Alabama's best -- smoked ribs, Camp Stew and banana pudding!
I would definitely dine with the Old Ones at The Glade if they truly came to life. I guess I came close enough to doing so in my novels, and that's the best my imagination can do. Blessings, Myra!
ReplyDeleteI think that's a great choice, Martha!
DeleteOh, and come to think of it, taking tea and biscuits with marmalade with Fr. Ignatius would be splendid, too. A toast to Victor!
DeleteThank you Martha. I'll ask Mrs Davenport to prepare tea and cakes for you and Mevely and Father Ignatius.
DeleteThanx for your support. God bless.
Gosh, I've read some good books. King Arthur, from The Once and Future King. We'd have turkey legs and whatever else was served in Camelot. Hahaha! I'm all wrapped up in The Isle of Man series, and really like Fenella. That meal would be fish and chips and a glass of wine! Or Stephanie Plum and pizza. It all sounds so fun! xo
ReplyDeleteHostess with the most-est! (*grin*)
DeleteI was hoping someone would say Stephanie Plum!
Oh, Wow! I can think of so many characters I would love to "meet"! The first would have to be Anne of Green Gables and her busom buddy, Diana. And of course, Marilla! Then I would head over to visit with Marmee and the Little Women. At some point, the beautiful Dashwood sisters and their mother would invite me to their precious little cottage. And of course, Father Tim over in Mitford would be a delightful tea partner... So many! How on earth could I pick just one to share a wonderful meal with?
ReplyDeleteIt's a smorgasbord! 👍
DeleteI'm a complete bust -- I don't read fiction. Except I have listened to True Grit. Not sure what I would eat expect my usual healthy but boring (to others) stuff. 😊
ReplyDelete🙂
DeleteIgnatius J Reilly from A Confederacy or Dunces.
ReplyDeleteWe would eat Lucky Dogs and I would listen to him rail at the world, while I laughed
Well, I had to Google that ... and came away with a smile on my face.
DeleteI cannot think of any fictional person I'd like to eat dinner with, but it would be great to go out to eat with you! You always find the best places to eat and I love cheese cake too!
ReplyDeleteAw, what a lovely thing to say. If I'm ever in your 'neck of the woods' I'd love to take you up on that!
DeleteLove, ma
ReplyDelete🤗
DeleteDr. Seuss - pickled pigs feet. Don't ask me why I said that... I must be having a 'moment' hehe
ReplyDeleteMyra, I was thinking hard, and then I read your Father Ignatius, THAT IS IT! WE would have Fish and chips!!! Good one... Love ya
ReplyDeleteThanx Jack. Father Ignatius would be honoured to be with Sherry, Martha, Mevely and you.
DeleteGod bless you all and your families.
thecontemplativecat here. Hmmm.
ReplyDeleteI cannot think of any one ..maybe Jo from Little Women?
Jack Reacher, Lee Child's,Reacher, not the movies Reacher's and we would be eating burgers and fries in a 50's diner, with a Jukebox that takes quarters.
ReplyDeleteTarzan and/or Jane, from Tarzan and he City of Gold.
Last but not least, Thor, the canine in the book Thor by Dean Koonz OR Hooch the pooch in the movie Hooch.
Nancy Drew, all grown up now.
Any Sackett, male or female in a Louis L'Amour book