Happy Saturday my friends,
How're you feeling this morning ... sufficiently caffeinated? I'm on my second cuppa, but may trade it for a chilly V8.
Other than seeing the dentist and an annoying internet outage ... this week's been wonderfully ordinary. So much so, there were a couple times I had to ask myself, "What day is this?"
💛
We enjoyed precious time with family on Sunday. Sweet Pea is developing such a cute personality and gosh, such energy. Good thing God gives littles to young people!
![]() |
| (l-r) Chloe, me, Lois, P, Troy, Tom and Robert |
💛
Tom's been hinting for some "Easthampton spread" and I realized it's been 3-4 years. What to do but buy a pound of bologna, hard-boil a dozen eggs and got to chopping a small purple onion. (Yes, I realize they're supposed to be called "red", but I'm not color blind.) BTW, is anyone else finding it difficult to find all-beef bologna in the grocery?
Grandma Willer and my mother used a meat grinder. I think it's buried somewhere with other antiquities in a closet; I just don a pair of disposable gloves and massaged the heck out of it all -- with lots of Duke's, of course.
Does anyone else still print their ordinary photographs? I used to love decorating with pretty frames throughout the house, but even those have gone by the way.
I recently got to going through some scrapbooks and shoe boxes. One thing led to another, and well ... you can see what I'm doing with this enormous canvas above my desk.
![]() |
| Because I didn't ask permission, I've blurred out the center faces. |
It's a work in progress; not intended to please anyone but myself. Best, I can add (or subtract) images to my little heart's content.
💛
What else?
A few days ago Tom was feeling pretty good and suggested a trip to Prattville Pickers -- an enormous antique mall -- to try and find a lamp shade. No such luck, but a few miles down the road at Memories I found a nice lamp for less than $30 ... totally different than what we're used to.
Presently it's sitting on Tom's end table (above right), but I like what AI's suggested (below).






Forgive me for going off-topic. I think you are very polite and considerate to have blurred those photos because you had no permission. Call me a spoil-sport but I get very irritated when at parties or gatherings people click with their cell-phones and then a day later the photos are all over social media - FB, Instagram, Nosey Visions and whatever else there exists. Excuse me; but I never gave permission for my photo to be on social media. We've had family arguments/disagreements about this. Did you know that some photos have the name of the person beside each individual. I now insist that if there are any cameras (and a certain person there) I don't attend the function. Yes ... perhaps I am a spoil-sport.
ReplyDeleteI really really like the lamp you bought. Whichever position it is in.
Sorry to vent my anger. God bless.
No "sorry" necessary ... I appreciate your point of view; you've given me something to think about, Victor.
DeleteForgive me for forgetting to wish you and your family all the best.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
🤗
DeleteI think you should ask the person who uses the steps to get on the sofa about how SHE thinks the lamps should be. As for me, either way is good. Please yourself, I am pretty sure Tom doesn't care..
ReplyDeleteI so desire to go shopping/wandering in any kind of store and if everything works out, Sunday at 6 am I am planning a walk around Walmart to see what has changed in the 15 months I have not been there. I love delivery and it works great, but I need another box of coffee pods and under that pretex, will take a MINUTE to wander.. I have a list of things to wander by because shopping online half the time doesn't look like the photo. one is a shower curtain, I have to wander by 6 different things. now if bob will do his business so I don't have to rush home.
there are 20 thrift stores all under 5 miles, most under 3 miles from me but I have to do one at time. poor me... love the family photo. My brother has threatened his children and grand kids with disowing them if they put him or his wife on Social Media. so far no one has..
15 months, wow. I'm so happy for you, girl!
DeleteIsn't it nice to have a week where the only place you HAD to go is the dentist? And I love your family group photo, too. Yes, I can certainly see that Penelope has both granddads wrapped around her little finger. Ah, the power of little girls! Blessings, Myra!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Martha!
DeleteI grew up eating bologna, but rarely (maybe never) eat it now. I had to google "Easthampton spread." That is totally new to me!! That is such a sweet picture of your baby girl and her grandpa and great grandpa!
ReplyDeleteWe called it that because (I think) it was a "made up" dish by my grandmother who lived in Easthampton, Massachusetts. Ha!
DeleteI like the AI version of the lamp placements best. It often has good ideas. 😊
ReplyDeleteYes!
DeleteI don't know about that East Hampton Spread but give me a fried bologna sandwich and we will be friends forever! My mister keeps after me to get some pictures of the grandblessings put up but I hate having to dust all of that stuff. I probably will soon, though, because they are growing up so quickly. One is a junior in highschool, one just started middle school and there is another going to come bouncing into the world around November! BTW...put that lamp wherever you want it. It's very nice.
ReplyDeleteYep, time is a thief.
DeleteSo, the "Easthampton Spread" is basically a bologna salad with onions? My mother used to make bologna or ham salad , either one, using the meat grinder that I now have, and if she had boiled eggs they could be added, but mostly I remember that she just added sweet pickle relish and mayonnaise (although for her it was Miracle Whip). I haven't done the bologna salad in a long time, but I do occasionally do the ham salad. Hubby loves it. Your "Easthampton Spread" makes it sound so elegant! Love it. Love seeing little "P" with her Grandpa and Great Grandpa! What a treasure she is for you all to enjoy! I try not to be envious. But I hope our one grandson will not wait until I am too old to hold a great grandbaby, even if he DOES live in Maine and the only way I'd ever see the child would be if they brought him/her to see me. I guess he needs to find a girlfriend /wife first. LOL. I am so happy for you. I love the new lamp. Either side looks good. Do what makes you both happy. You can try it both ways until you agree which way works the best. As for knocking out walls, I've always loved that idea myself, but now that we are at this stage in life, it's a lot more trouble than it's worth I'm sure. I like your cozy looking den. If you make the room too big you won't be able to hear each other when you talk. You'll need those special ear horns to put up to your ears and say "EHHH, What did you say???" LOL. We do enough of that already, and we are sitting next to each other. LOL.
ReplyDeleteRe: pictures of people. My feeling is if people don't want their picture taken in a group, well, then maybe they should stay home. LOL. Life is just too short to not be remembered. And when there's no pictures to remind us, we forget what people were there or what did they look like. However, if people don't want their picture shared, I will honor their wishes...it's just too sad. My opinion. You know me, I LOVE to take pictures! Have a lovely rest of your weeknd.
Uh-huh. Miracle Whip was a staple in my mother's kitchen. "Real" mayo, too dear. I love how our early years seem to mirror one another.
DeleteFinding a new lamp (or lamps) really does feel good! My neighbor, Susan, has been busy painting her very dark stained end tables and coffee table, white! They look so good. Nothing matches in my house. I smile and call it consignment store eclectic. I love it, and now am just pleasing myself, so there it is! LOL I like both of your lamps! Sending love and hugs!!
ReplyDeleteI'm loving "consignment eclectic", Terri. You'll laugh, but years ago when we were looking at home, I was disappointed not to find one particular home b/c I wanted to be able to say I lived in Eclectic, Alabama.
DeleteAlways nice to have a Sweet Pea around,, sure lifts life a notch or two. Enjoyed the photo's. And YEP, removing a wall does have advantages and disadvantages. I hope I am done with that one in our lives. LOL
ReplyDeleteLove you lady!!
Thanks, Jack (and Sherry!).
DeleteIt is 6:30 am here and already steamy.
ReplyDeleteTo me all removing a wall does is create sheetrock dust I have to contend with for months. It seems no matter how much and often you clean, more appears for about a month.
Knock wood, I'll never have to deal with that. Living in the land of kitty litter (Arizona) was quite enough.
DeleteI've never heard of that spread. Sounds like a lot of work but I bet it is good.
ReplyDeleteThe meat's a little salty for me, but tasty, yes. The name actually comes from my daddy's hometown.
DeleteNever heard of the spread that Tom is so looking forward to. Not being a raw onion eater, I most likely would not prepare it just for that reason. LOL. Your precious sweet PEA is...PRECIOUS!! The little ones sure make life GRAND. I can so relate to the lamp issue. We purchased a lamp about 3 weeks ago because Sam said he was having problems not having enough light. Well..It is perched right where he sits and honestly, it is driving me nuts. This light is good for him, but it looks so out of place from where he wants it to be. Oh well...you are right, we have to pick our battles. We finally got Rain...🙌🏻
ReplyDeleteCompromise is hard! 🤗
DeleteNever heard of that spread before. Must be from the,depression era. I rarely eat bologna but when I do it has to be beef.
ReplyDeleteI don't like my photo out in the internet if I can help it. I think we need to be considerate of others for their reasons for not wanting photos. It's not about us.
Good point, Debby.
DeleteOh Myra, Got a spare moment??? We sure could use a bit of weed whacking in our back yard. If you don't come now its gonna be just too hot ! 103F predicted for today.
ReplyDeleteGot the Tee Shirt and love it. I think it's going to be a future blog post. Thank You again.
Just a comment on the lamp shades. I think I agree with AI. I like the balance better with the new one in the corner. And I love your new showing off spot for all of your photos. Great Job !!!
Sue
Well, it feels like something in a college dorm room, but I'm liking it!
DeleteThanks for letting me know you like the "tee"!