Currently?
![]() |
Take-away truth! |
Our 'Gatherers' group may have been small in number, but what a good time we had at WOW Catering! Everyone ordered something different; and while my blackened (aka, spicy) chicken wrap was delicious, the looks of Cindy's salmon (might have) made me drool-like-a-dog. I ordered a burger to take home to Tom and he said it was the best one he's had in years. I've already given them 5 stars.
![]() |
| Bev, Cindy, Brenda, Christine and me |
Realizing I look like a wraith, I've already wasted no time consulting AI.
Made me giggle to realize it/he/she made my eyes blue!
I won't argue, there's plenty to be scared about artificial intelligence -- but I'm past the point of caring what it/she knows about me. Already, I've taken some of her advice.
In the kitchen?
I'm still loving lettuce, albeit Green Leaf or Romaine.
Because I didn't see any fresh basil, and was too lazy to shop elsewhere, I bought a tube of fresh paste and gave a good squeeze into my olive oil.
Oh, and I've a new fav.
I'd only intended to eat 2 or 3, but these little bruschettinis are addictive!
In between Amazon deliveries ...
The VA delivered new oxygenator
I wasn't home to ask Brad if it's available in any other color. (*sad face*)
Guess I'll just have to live with "Babe, the Blue Ox." Wish they still made those quilted toaster covers in an XL.
Coming up!
Once I pick Grace up from the groomer, I'm taking myself to task with pen and paper. It's waaaay past time certain inanimate objects stop taking up real estate in our house. My parents were savers and now? Most of it is precious only to me. Like, what is my son want with the box containing all my old report cards?
Do any of these memes resonate with you?
('Alison's Notebook -- Decluttering Made Simple' on FB)
Whoa, boy. Wish me luck!
Hugs, Myra










Love your "new" face but I love the other one too !!!!
ReplyDeleteDon't you love when the time spent with friends feels so right and so good? We had our bible study group over for dessert last Thursday. Its been 3 months since we were face to face. So many health issues for everybody and several people live in other states now so our times are limited. All that to say We had such a wonderful time together. I am working on finding a time for several of the women and myself going out for a LONG lunch and just having good old fashion "Girl Talk" I definitely need some "me" time that isn't just going grocery shopping !
Great post today. Wish we lived closer. I think we could have a great time.
Sue
Oh I wish we did, too!
DeleteI am slowly giving things away to family members who SAY they are happy to have "it". I intend to take photos of a few things and write what it is and why it should go to someone rather than be chucked. After I'm gone, though, what does it really matter? I've reached that reality. Sigh.
ReplyDeleteThat's a good idea!
DeleteI love that you had your girls out to lunch group and you look great!! Not sure why you think you need AI's help! And I wonder what color you would've prefered for the oxygenator thingy? Just curious. At least with the bright blue you know where it is and won't be prone to trip over it like I would if it matched the walls or floor. LOL. Now, your thoughts and questions about what to do with old stuff...that's a question for the century...'cause I have a LOT of stuff that is at least a century old to figure out what to do with. Everything belonged to some dear soul that we loved, and it's really hard to just discard it or give it away to strangers who won't appreciate where it came from or who it belonged to. That's why I'll probably leave it up to my kids to decide what to do. They don't have the attachments or memories that we do. But I've told my kids that when the day comes that we literally HAVE to move into smaller quarters (or in with them, LOL), we can get rid of a LOT of stuff and I won't mind at all, 'cause I'll probably be senile. LOL. Oh my. That could be sooner than we think. Thanks for making me at least think about it while I still have half a mind to do so. LOL. I enjoyed your post as always.
ReplyDeleteHa! Blue may be my least favorite color.
DeleteWe were just discussing this thought of things and who do we leave it too? Where do we leave it too? ETC. ETC. As we have no one to leave it too etc. And with retirement 6 yrs away, we are in talks to just sell the house and move into an apartment, because the taxes and home insurance are just getting so unaffordable. ANYWAYS, I no longer remember what I was truly going to say, LOL.
ReplyDeleteHa! If it weren't for relocating all our "stuff", I'd be right there with you into an apartment.
DeleteI have a whole house full of stuff that needs to go away. Most of it is stuff we don't use. I only have a few things that were my parents, grandparents, etc. Those will not go anywhere until I go then I hope one of my grandchildren will want them but if not, I'm not going to worry about it. Your gathering looks like so much fun! I wish I had a group of ladies like that! Blessed you are!
ReplyDeleteDon't worry ... great advice.
DeleteIt's time for me to do another decluttering session, but even with the air conditioning running physical labor makes me sweat so I am going to put it off until the Fall
ReplyDeleteThis is going to be a "process" for sure.
DeleteAI can work well when we want to see a better visual of ourselves, Myra, and I'm glad you're not afraid of experimenting with it, but just know I love you just the way you are! There are still so many items that mean a whole lot to me that I have, but I need to still go through and make the decision to save or heave. Any future moves remain to be seen. Wishing you a wonderful week!
ReplyDeleteAw, thank you so much!
DeleteI am not terribly sentimental about things and don't need them to remind me of memories. That being said, I have entirely too much stuff and need to reduce it by at least a third.
ReplyDeleteGood luck! 😉
DeleteWe should all have a room, (or a cupboard), full of things we do not need for someone else to sort out when we're gone. It gives them something to do; and makes them wonder why we had such things (!!!!!?????) and what did we do with them. My legacy is work for others and confusion.
ReplyDeleteKeep smiling. God bless.
Would that be fun to watch from "afar"!
DeleteI'm one who has already had to do the decluttering of my life. I could only move a few things when I came to live in Texas. Thankfully DS#5 and #6 were able to store some things for me at their homes. I went through crates of it on my vacation and was able to get rid of a few more things. Meanwhile DS#6 is sending little boxes full of some memories, mostly photos to his brothers and sisters. The rest he'll continue to keep stored for me. I'm blessed to have 2 sons to do that for me. Good luck as you sort through your things! I like the advice of taking a picture then letting it go. That takes a lot less space. Hope you have a relaxing Sunday! Love, ma
ReplyDeleteYour DS's 5 and 6 sound like Treasures!
DeleteYes...I can so relate. I am so sentimental about my sweet memory items. It is time to let go. I say I have no more storage in this house, but if I would let go, I would have an abundance of space. Glad your group had such a good time and oh how great it is to have good food to go along with good conversation...I think I can see that you all might be returning to this place...
ReplyDeleteThanks, Shug. I think you're right!
DeleteHurray for cameras! Pictures are a great way to preserve memories as we recycle,
ReplyDeleteYes sirree!
DeleteIt's hard for me to give up anything that has a story! Good luck. My oxygenator is ugly gray, I'll trade you. lol
ReplyDeleteWish I could take you up on that, Mary. I don't like blue to begin with, and it sticks out like a sore thumb in our earth-tones family room.
DeleteAbout the blue ox! think Linda Chapman, drape it with a scarf, or even drop a Christmas bag over it. Cover that ox! do you have a closet space? ha ha
ReplyDeletepaint a mural? Love your shirt and that photo of all of you. movie stars use blue contacts, or so I have heard... I think you look fine just as you are.. I am having the same problem, each day I can hardly stand to see me while brushing my teeth when I get up and nothing makes it better. good news is, I rarely go out in public and in a doctors office they just think I am sick. thanks for the graphic, I am in the planning stage of dumping what is in 4 closets. and may be a few pieces of furniture. none of which has any use or story connected to it.
I actually thinking along those lines! Isn't it silly to stress over a blue 'thing' -- like that proverbial elephant in the center of a room that no-one talks about.
DeleteThat machine is certainly blue! I always enjoy visiting here!
ReplyDelete🤗
DeleteI threw out all that stuff my mom kept, like report cards. You can always take pictures of them before you throw them out! I also threw out all my yearbooks. No regrets. I didn't like most of those people back then. Bad memories.
ReplyDeleteI have,already been purging - I do a little at a time. I don't want my sons to have to deal with my junk. I know my mom kept so much stuff it was ridiculous. Every greeting card and every credit card they ever owned! Even the hospital bill when I was born. I did keep that.
Anyway, fun post, cute picture and I'll be seeing you tomorrow at the Hodgepodge.