Sunday, October 27, 2019

S'monday on my Mind


DIL's kitchen table.


Now, where was I?

Oh ya. I was surprised so many of you admit to having thinning hair. My short answer to the Texturizing Taffy ... yes. I'd gladly pay double.
What I should have added, a LITTLE goes a long, long way!


So glad Tom opted to stay home from church this morning! One of the elderly congregants shared her testimony of having suffered a major stroke and clinical 'death' following her stent procedure earlier this year.
You see, when it comes to this sort of thing, Tom's a glass-half-empty person. He can't help going to the worst-case scenario, and that one-in-a-million happenstance would have done a number on his psyche.

Anyway, he's scheduled for his cardio cath tomorrow morning. I'm expecting only good results, but would still appreciate your prayers!


Things on the job front are still a bit muddy. Most of the time it feels like I'm the proverbial square peg trying to fit inside a round hole.  Pretty sure I'm not a dummy, but the software's trying to prove me otherwise. Thursday afternoon, I happened to be the only admin in residence. Murphy's Law is alive and well, folks! What could happen, happened: the Perfect Storm.  The next morning I adopted a light-hearted tone that belied my words: Am I being tested, or set up for failure?  (Buddy had the grace to protest.)  At least, the GM told me how much he appreciates me.

I don't want to go all dark on y'all, but this business ($$$) has given me lots to ponder. I'm still uncertain what I want (in the way of final arrangements), but each day there teaches me what I don't! I think it was Rick who coined one of my favorite phrases, "Every day is a school day."


On a lighter note!
'Thought you might enjoy seeing some examples of a nearby community's hay bale decorating contest, "Hay, Look at Me!" I think there were more than 30 entries, but these are my favorites.











I hope y'all enjoy a great new week … stay safe!


                                                                                                   Hugs! Myra
Type-casting?  Naw!
(ca. 1988)











  




14 comments:

  1. Those hay bales are all great! My Joe is so good about researching on WebMD and coming up with all kinds of symptoms. He and Tom should probably not talk maladies! Joe and I made our final arrangements a couple of years ago. Bought and paid for so the boys don't have to worry about what to do. It does feel good to know it is done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seem to share Tom's mode of thinking. My proverbial glass is less than half full and I always expect the worst for myself....

    But I'm certain that Tom's procedure will be a success. Positive thoughts and prayers are sent your way.

    As for your job - every day certainly is a school day and a never-ending challenge. Are more positive thoughts in order? I'm sending some just in case.

    I always see those bales of hay everywhere but have never seen them decorated. They're so creative and adorable.
    And your devil photo is deviously hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one sexy lady there you devil you.
    I love those bays of hay decorated for Halloween.
    Love those pumpkins on the table.
    I will say a prayer for Tom. I know that has to be hard girl.
    Love, Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will also pray for Tom. Hard to face some medical procedure along.

    The hay bales are crazy good! So creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are cute hay bales! Will say a prayer for Tom. Hubby is kind of like him, LOL, in their way of thinking. Do share your thoughts about people's final arrangements. I was leaning one way (cremation) but now I'm leaning burial. Its morbid but it is reality as I heard a preacher say years ago (and I'm sure others) about the statistics. One out of every person dies. You are getting an inside look at this. I am more than curious about it all (but remember I type medical reports so I'm in people's colons, stomachs, hearts, etc. in any given day).

    Loved your costume from years gone by!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for Tom and you. Trust in God ... again.

    All will be well at work too. I'm sure it will all become easier with time.

    Like the photos you posted today. Wishing you a Happy Halloween.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And another thing ... I don't mind whether the glass is half full or half empty as long as it does not leave a wet ring on the table.

      I think all glasses, champagne, wine, whisky or whatever, should come with a coaster stuck in the bottom. We should all have coasters stuck in the bottom! That is the bottom of the glass; not our own bottoms. Not unless we go around sitting naked on tables then we will need coasters stuck to our bottoms.

      Anyway, where was I before you confused me? Oh yes ... in order to avoid wet rings on tables I have super-glued coasters on all our glasses. Now we have wet squares on the tables. Might as well have stuck the coasters to our bottoms I suppose.

      God bless.

      Delete
  7. Keeping Tom in prayer.

    As for work, I simply don't know what to say, sigh...been there, and will be doing that very soon.

    What a cute devil you make, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAY there you little Devil YOU! I love the costume and the hay bales are AMAZING!!! all of them are winners in my book. I can't even pick a favorite. lots of creative people out there.. I am with Tom, if I hear a story or look it up on the internet I just KNOW I am going to get those symptoms. if it can happen it will happen is my motto. I am glad he missed the story at church. prayers for both of you... Bob had his stints put in without anesthesia. I would not do that but he did. he actually watched it on the TV over his head. I watched it on the TV after he was in recovery. I am having a laughter moment over the sticking coasters on glasses and rumps... hilarious...sorry the job is still causing a few ripples

    ReplyDelete
  9. Will be praying for Tom today. Hope all goes well for him. I give you gold stars for hanging in there on the new job. It's definitely been a challenge for you. It would be difficult dealing with the aspects of what it is let alone having software that don't work right. You are to be applauded for your perseverance.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Myra! Those hay bales are so incredibly creative!
    And know I'm keeping Tom in prayer. Do keep us updated often.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the bale of the puppy with a bandage over one eye. All of them are good, oh, especially the devil lady! LOL Very pretty!
    Prayers for Tom, I stay more on the positive side, but KNOW any intrusion into our body has it's drawbacks.
    Love sent from NC
    Sherry & jack

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the photos. I hope all went well with Tom's test. Since you shared that I worry about Mark with his 4 recent stents. They are not a guarantee! Praying that work gets better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like those bales of hay! Very creative and clever! I am like Tom and my dad was that way too. always thinking the very worst. I should know better but life is so complicated someday's. My FIL had his wishes all arranged and my MIL listened to her mom, and changed up everything. I don't worry about such things. I find it offensive funeral homes gouge people at their most vulnerable times. I saw it with my MIL's death and my FIL and my grandmother too. Dressed in some ridiculous modern nightwear when my grandma never wore anything more than simple cotton dresses and an apron. I've seen people fight over grave preference and seen people do all sorts of greedy things when a loved one passes away. To be honest what happens with all my stuff when I am gone won't be a problem for me. So I do not dwell on it. I am not negative just honest about all the stuff that goes on when death comes calling. I probably don't win popularity contests but I did not win them in school either so I just roll along and do my own thing. I'm not much of a follower. But I am honest. We spent the weekend rearranging some things in Hannah's old bedroom. So we are trying to rest up for a busy new week. Hope you get taken care of with your doctor and Tom too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Your comments mean the world to me!