No rhyme, no reason. 'Just a few images from my 'right now' life! Happy Friday!
Anyone care to guess what I'm holding?
A part of my father's 'nutcracker' tool set. I discovered the pointy end is perfect for pre-cleaning my hair brushes.
(Does anyone else remember their mother/grandmother soaking her brushes in ammonia water?)
Pulling out of our driveway, an unwelcome hitchhiker.
Patience, grasshopper.
This.Girl.
…..saved my bacon day before yesterday. I have to keep my phone on 'silent' while at work, and totally forgot to turn it up when I got home. Naturally, I didn't hear the morning's alarm … but Macie did and kept pawing me until I opened my eyes.
Like my grandmother, I was a bit besotted by the Dionne quints. I treasure the thick scrapbook of newsprint and photos she carefully chronicled.
An unusually-good hair day is good reason for a silly selfie, no?
Except when you're trying to keep your blouse from sticking out like a maternity top ... and forget all about cleaning the mirror.
Speaking of hair ...
This stuff (Texturizing Taffy) is amazing! My hair guru recommended it for my thin, fine hair … and even sold it to me at her cost. Win!
Does anyone else struggle with the insane costs Verizon, et al charges for cellular accessories?
After having to say 'goodbye' to my well-loved Samsung, I was doubly dismayed that my new device wouldn't fit the same carrying case.
For a while, I was sticking it in one of those long socks they give you in the hospital (truth!) … then I remembered my mother's jewelry travel case.
Once a royal blue velveteen, it's decidedly tired. But, it's still perfect for both my phone and plastic currency.
Please, I'd enjoy hearing what you use around the house/office apart from its intended purpose!
Oops; I'd best start getting ready to hit the road.
Have a great day everyone … stay safe!
Hugs, Myra









kisses to the smiling girl that woke you up. I miss text a lot by forgetting to take mine off silent or leaving it in the console to the car. your hair does look super and what a fun photo.. I have a few selfies in the bathroom mirror, but your vanity is about the width of my whole bathroom ha ha… the taffy looks like it did a great job with your hair... the only thing I can think of that I use for a different purpose is in my bathroom, I have 3 glass candle holders that are used to store things. the tiny one hold my rings, the other two one holds my 3 watches and the other is perfect for my single use eye drops. I have a tray with 2 glass jelly jars for storage, the tiny jars, If I ever get them clean again will take a photo
ReplyDeleteGreat idea! I hope you will share those pictures!
DeleteIsn't it neat that our furry loved ones have a great sense of time? Love your selfie! I tell you, Verizon has a way to get every single cent from you that they can! What a racket! My mom had a silver (I'm sure it wasn't real silver) tray of the Dionne quints. I read a fictionalized book of their early lives. Sad story in a way.
ReplyDeleteHappy Friday and weekend!
betty
I'm going to look for that book, Betty. Their lives were certainly sad; and now, only 2 remain.
DeleteLike Macie, I hear vibs on Sherry's phone after church, when she forgets to 'unsilence' her phones. Yep, I am with you I despise being late for anything!(although I was late getting to a ball game yesterday. due to volunteer work, ha!)
ReplyDeleteWE recognized the nut picker right away, it is just like ours. (And you talk as if it is an antique! LOL) Love it!
Like the selfie, neat. HOLD THAT BLOUSE IN! another LOL (girls)
Love from over here Sherry & jack
Oops! Maybe vintage is a softer word than antique. Then again, I enjoy being a vintage specimen of my former reckless self. Ha!
DeleteAnyone care to guess what I'm holding?
ReplyDeleteI think in the first photo you are probably holding a camera or cell-phone to take the photo of the first photo.
In the second photo either you or someone else is holding a camera or a cell phone to take the second photo.
In the third photo you are holding a cell phone. The grasshopper is looking at his reflection on your cell phone and he is saying, "Aha ... that's another way of looking at it!!!"
God bless.
Brilliant, dear Sherlock! I wish I'd thought of that caption.
DeleteMacie is adorable and evidently a very good alarm clock. lol I love your hair, so pretty. Great idea for a phone case.
ReplyDeleteHope you have a great weekend.
Thank you, Cathy!
DeleteI was going to say a crochet hook.
ReplyDeleteThat's a great guess!
DeleteI had to Google texturing taffy. My hair is thinning and I am losing my natural curl. Probably the anesthesia (so I'm reminded). I bought a product to add volume that works but doesn't. Hmmmmm... I don't buy any accessories at the phone store. You can buy from Amazon for pennies.
ReplyDeleteI never even thought of Amazon! The texturizing taffy is my new Best Friend.
DeleteI do not remember using ammonia to remove hair -does it work? I have a hard time with that myself.
ReplyDeleteLove that grasshopper.
Nice hair - you look gggrrreeeaaattttttttttt!!!!!!!!!
I think mother soaking her brushes in ammonia water was something her mother/grandmother did. But man, that smell was soooo bad.
DeleteI haven't had "an unusually good hair day" since I was in second grade - but that's beside the point.
ReplyDeleteLove the adorable photo of Macie!
I've deliberately silenced my phone and forgot about it more times than I care to remember. Once, it was off for nearly a week and my cousin drove all the way out here to see if I was still alive.
I remember my Mom saying that she and her sisters had Dionne quintuplet dolls when they were kids. Your scrapbook sounds interesting.
That's crazy about your silenced phone! Nancy must have been frantic. (Did she kick your butt?) I treasured that scrapbook when I was a child … and still do!
DeleteMyra, I have thin, fine hair, too, so I can certainly relate. I did note the name of the product, but would love to know if it's really working for you. Is it recommended for color-treated hair? Don't mean to be so full of questions, but hey, info is good! Oh, and I would love to see Macie's face in the morning, but not that creature on your car window!
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
Yes, Martha -- both to it's really working AND OK for (my) color-treated hair. I was MORE than pleasantly surprised. Just remember, a LITTLE bit goes a long, long way!
DeleteLove that puppy face! Give her a big hug from me. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd your hair looked mah-veh-lus, definitely selfie worthy!
Hugs duly given! (Even tho' she popped AND puked in the bedroom overnight.)
Deletetexturizing taffy sounds like something i might need too. my hair is limp and fine. love the photo of the grasshopper on your car window. your fur baby is too cute for words.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much! I can't believe the T.T. is allowing me to lessen my death-grip on my can of hairspray. LOL!
DeleteYes, we used to wash out our hair brushes every time we washed out hair, but never used ammonia. Phew! I'll have to ask about that texturizing hair stuff, sounds like something I too could use. I do have some hair setting gel but it's not doing the job. Always nice to learn about something new. Happy Weekend!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Ma. Now that I'm home from work, I'm ready to Happy the heck out of the weekend!
DeleteI still use a sudsing ammonia to clean brushes and combs. I'm sure other products would work just as well, but it's the way my mother did it and her mother did it... hey! who am I to rock the boat?
ReplyDeleteI immediately recognized that nut pick. We still have ours, but I don't remember actually ever USING it. It just sits in the nut bowl along with the cracker... just in case. It's always funny to see pics of things where people say, "Do you remember using this?" My response is usually... I still do!
Yay on the sudsing ammonia. I was afraid there for a minute my mom was an odd-ball. (JK!)
DeleteYou have me laughing!!! Thanks, I have such a hard time cleaning my hairbrushes (I wonder if the husband would miss the nutcracker thingy? lolololol)--I will have to look for that taffy stuff. Have a great day friend.
ReplyDeleteAw, happy to oblige! I spent most of this afternoon sleeping so, ya. It's been pretty great. :)
DeleteOne of my pre-Sunday chores was to wash and clean hairbrushes. As chores went, this was pretty easy.
ReplyDeleteI love the hair cream.
Nice, remembering when children were given regular chores!
DeleteI'm with you on the cost of "attachments." I bought two inexpensive cases at a discount store for my kindle and IPad ages ago and they're still just fine. I did spill coffee on the iPad case, but though it's a little worse looking, it does the job just fine. They're both bright pink, so I can find them easily. Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteI love scrapbooks and today scrapbooking. Noelle came across my mom's 8th grade graduation certificate. My how times have changed.The Dionne quints, they had so much tragedy in their lives. But my mom told me so many stories about them. They were quite fascinating. My hubby never remembers to unsilence his phone. Mom washed brushes in baking soda with hot water. Cell phone services are another rip off ! It's crazy how we pay for junk made in China. My friend KoKo is always finding new hair products to try but she has really lovely hair. Her daughter too. I had great hair when I was young. I am finding this DLST and falling back to be a royal pain. I wish people would leave well enough alone. We have a transplant wanting to change Halloween because it was too cold for her kids to go trick or treating.Then as a Colorado native I suggest heading to AZ, CA, FL because moving that holiday two weeks into NOvember, you might get a blizzard. You roll the dice, you might get 60 degree weather or a hail or rainstorm. So I say zip it and go back to where you came from! We have enough nuts driving around high on drugs and a worthless governor who won't give up his Boulder, CO home.There have been weird stories from transplants. One woman called authorities stating a prairie dog attacked herself and her child on her patio! D U H ! You built your stupid house where they use to live and furthermore a prairie dog is not dumb enough to take on a moran human! Another strange one wanted the train moved from behind her house because when they bought said house they did not realize trains made so much noise! Not to mention carrying raw materials that eventually heat and cool and add really unimportant stuff like electricity to your home. My only thought was, you didn't come from Chicago where people hear trains roaring all day and night. My favorite Colorado bumper sticker, "Welcome to Colorado, now go home!" My friend Anne in Texas sent me the best meme: The universe is made of Protons, Neurtons ,Electrons and Morans. I second this notion! LOL LOL LOL!
ReplyDelete