Friday, August 18, 2017

Friday Letters





Dear United States Postal Service

Are you trying to gaslight me?
Sure, I felt like a fool when I spotted the wrong address on my mail-order confirmation. 
(Daddy was right: Haste makes waste.)

When I called to request an intercept, you pleasantly provided a confirmation number.   Whew!

Except.  When 2 -- then 3 days passed with no delivery, I asked DH to intercede.   Unfortunately, you told DH you'd no knowledge of my confirmation number.  Instead, you gave him a claim # and promised a call back that morning.  By 2PM, he called you - only to be informed no-one there remembered having had any such conversation!
Oh, and by the way, my package was "most likely returned to sender."  



Dear 1-800-Contacts

Thank you for restoring my faith in what customer service is all about!

At my wits end ... beating myself up for possibly forfeiting hundreds of dollars in product, I reached out to see if you had my package.

"Why, yes!  If you'll give us another address, I'm happy to express it to you this afternoon."

Admitting the error was totally mine, I offered you a credit card to cover shipping.

"That won't be necessary.  In fact, I'll put 'signature required' on the package to ensure you get it."

Wow.  You guys have my business for life!




Dear Goodyear Police Officer

I seriously appreciate all you and your fellow officers do everyday on our behalf.
However, I'm sometimes at a loss to understand why you do the things you do.

We're certainly not wealthy, but neither do we live in a sketchy part of town,.  Nevertheless, there's been a disturbing increase in porch pirates and feral teens breaking into homeowners' automobiles.

One such fellow was apprehended, but the homeowner feared retaliation and refused to press charges.  
When another neighbor warned the teen to stay away "or else" ... you told him to knock it off or you'd arrest him for "threatening a minor."

Good grief!!!




Dear Mel (No Dog About It)

God bless you for what you shared about runaway dogs!
I remember thinking the "Stop Drop and Lie Down" was pretty interesting ... but that sort of thing would never happen to me.
(Helicopter doggie parent, party of one!)

Unfortunately a few weeks ago, DH hadn't such a tight grip on the girls' leashes when he opened the truck door at the vet's.   Unfamiliar with the new scene, Macie bolted, then Grace.

Not 50 feet from a busy boulevard, my heart stopped.  I don't remember screaming "Drop!" but that's where I found myself sprawled in the parking lot ... much to the alarm of several bystanders who thought I was in distress. 
Thankfully, both dogs' curiosity saved their own skin -- but it was a wake-up call for sure.





 Dear Blog Family

As ever, thanks so much for visiting!  Have a super day!





Hugs from Phoenix,
Myra









25 comments:

  1. I always enjoy catching up with you, Myra. Stay cool out there in Arizona. We're trying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always write to catch my attention. I love it. I have never heard of the STOP/DROP thing, but I can see how it would work with ones pet. They do not mind giving the owner a scare, but they do care. Love the letters and YEP it is a winner when Customer Service is CUSTOMER SERVICE!

    Love from The Easter Shore (of Virginia)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jack! I probably looked like a fright there on the pavement ... but don't care, actually.

      Delete
  3. I have never heard the stop drop and flop, so glad it worked. I wills tore it in my memory. some people need to teach it to their children. when my dad yelled stop I did, not so today. he once told me it was to protect my life..
    oh no on the rest of these and so happy you got your package. sadly the USPS is going to the dogs and have dropped already

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, I'm always freaked and/or ANNOYED when I see little children running ahead of their mothers in the parking lot. Your daddy was wise to tell you that.

      Delete
  4. I used to drop in the front yard when our chow would get away. Worked every time. Customer service seems to be a thing of the past doesn't it! Glad you found a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the most part, I think Customer Service and Common Sense are going the way of the dinosaurs.

      Delete
  5. clever way to get the dog to come back. never heard of it before. glad customer service is getting the package out to you asap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't believe the 1-800-Contacts people were so great. In fact, my prior (first) order, I got a hand-written thank you note along with the product!

      Delete
  6. Dear Myra,

    Thanks for the enjoyable read, :)

    I never heard of that drop stuff to get a loose dog back, but it makes sense. Somehow, I doubt if it would work with our cats...

    Have a super (cool!) weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan!
      I never thought about felines ... that's FUNNY! Makes me imagine all sorts of captions.


      Delete
  7. Good to see customer service like that with 1-800-contacts. That's where son gets his contacts through too.

    I didn't hear of the stop, drop down and lie down method for dog pursuing we'll call it. I read the article; very good advice there. Perhaps I should make a copy of it and anonymously put it into our neighbor's mailbox across the street? The dog does run away when they come closer to her; she thinks it is a game. Had the wee on on Tuesday and we were taking a bit of a walk in the front yard. I caught movement out of the corner of my eye and lo and behold following us was the dog from across the street. Wee one got a kick (and a lick) out of her. Fearless around her too, when she started investigating something and went away from us, he eagerly ran up to her (mental note, tell parents to watch him about approaching dogs). I was going to go inside and text them about the dog but I saw the young girl coming out looking for her.

    How scary with your girls! Glad you remembered that and it worked. Koda got away from me one time when I was walking him when we still lived in Montana so he was just barely 1 to 1-1/2 years old. I had pout his leash on his dog tag, not his collar and when he pulled one time, the dog tag was not strong enough and the leash came off. I was in a panic as he ran into the street. Thankfully it all worked out; he went to the other side and started sniffing and then I picked him up. I could imagine having to go home and tell son "I killed your dog."

    Happy weekend!!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Actually, I like that idea of an anonymous tip in your neighbor's mailbox. This might sound awful, but I suspect some people don't deserve to have pets. I've just about quit driving through the Indian reservation (on Baseline) on my way to work because of the canine carcasses.

      Delete
  8. I've never heard of stop, drop, and lie down - but if I ever did that my three cats would eat me (with no regrets but indigestion).
    I suppose it only works for dogs. I'm glad your two cute pooches returned safely.

    I always thoroughly enjoy your posts. You're one of the few bloggers left who isn't afraid to utilize wit and wisdom.

    Someday I'll find a profile photo that I like. Until then.......MEOW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coming from you, Jon, that's high praise. Thank you!

      Chuckling about Scratch and the foundlings. Cute profile pix!

      Delete
  9. It's wonderful to know there is actually good customer service out there in the world. It restores faith in humanity in these days when few take the time to really care. I've stopped shopping in a few stores because it was non existent. I don't do much online ordering anymore, I was disappointed more times than I liked. I usually applaud the postal service, but when it comes to telephone calls to them, I've had little to no luck at all. Best for me to go there in person. I wish I had heard about that rule for the dogs...I used to own a beagle that loved to run of when he got the chance. Thankfully we always caught up with him. But what a merry chase it would be. He thought it was a game. Our police officers have a tough road to tow, keeping the law has it's fine lines. Hope those porch vandals in your neighborhood are caught soon. Not a good thing at all if you're scared of retaliation. What a crazy world we live in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Beagles love to run. They're so funny!
      I suppose the Postal Service is as burdened as many big corporations. Too much dependence on computers and less on (human) communication. They actually sent an e-mail, inviting me to take a satisfaction survey. I declined. :)

      Delete
  10. Loved hearing how well you were treated by customer service. You deserve it. You are gracious and that's the way to be in business. The antagonists wear people down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I don't feel so gracious. But thank you for saying that!
      I hope your knee's not giving you too much pain!

      Delete
  11. Loved your post, Myra. I had a similar Customer Service experience recently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Terri!
      I do believe there are caring people out there who deserve to be celebrated.

      Delete
  12. Enjoyed reading your letters. I saw that thing about stop drop and lie down, on think on Facebook. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good service gets me back ever time. Businesses that allow employees to mistreat customers won't survive long.
    I'm glad you got your order straightened out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love stop, drop and lie down! The cats would have no part of it either but I have a neighbor on the next block who had a cat who he walked on a leash! When you slowed to stare at the cat he'd look at you like "What's your problem, never seen a cat prancing on a leash?" LOL! My goodness I have tons of good things to say about the law too, but even my own relatives and honey, there are so many of them, that are in law enforcement! They talk over the real reason why you ask why they do some really stupid things! Except for Nick's BFF, Jazin, and he is a new police officer in our town. Guess brainwashing the PC into him has not worked yet! CS is sorely lacking in our world! Glad to hear your story turned out so happily. I had a grumpy ole meany on a tea cup exchange once. Instead of telling me the saucer arrived shattered she complained to the blog hostess. I was told very kindly about it and called the tea co. who sent the item. Not only did they replace it, they would not accept any more money from me! I was so tickled! The meanie had to finally say, uh-er, ummmmm, thank you! As for the USPS as Harrison would say Y U C K ! Double for UPS and Fed X. A while back, we purchased a Cat Tree for the feline brats! It weighed over 100 lbs. THe lady from Fed X who delivered it was sweating and wanted to help me haul it into my house! I said, God bless you, my son is here and we tore that box down on the front porch and hauled the pieces in one at a time! All the male drivers act as if some old gal like me wants a hot date! Beat it, kid, I have one husband, I certainly do not need two! They act as if I step onto my porch I might ravish them! I am acting as a buffer between Smokey and Stella and of course Bandit who bark their silly canine heads off at anyone in uniform! OH yay, then Leo joins in! LOL! Thanks for sharing. HUGS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to visit. Your comments mean the world to me!