Sunday, May 7, 2017

Sunday Stealing: Chicago Crazy Questions



Good morning, friends ...
It's time for another episode of Sunday Stealing!
  
Push HERE if you'd like to play along!

* * *


What was your dream growing up?
To live way out on the country on a horse ranch with 6 kids.  (I regularly daydreamed about their names and faces, but can't recall a spouse anywhere in the picture.  LOL!)


What talent do you wish you had?
It's a toss-up between mastering gift wrap ... or getting Saran Wrap to do what it's supposed to (v. ending up in a sticky ball).


If I bought you a drink what would it be?
Why thank you!  I'd like a Tanqueray martini, please.


What was the last book you read?
The Last Mile (David Baldacci)


Worst habit?
Worrying my cuticles


If you saw me walking down the street would you offer me a ride?
That depends: Do I know/like you?   Many folks here walk for recreation.
 

What is your favorite sport?
I wasn't very good, but used to love ice skating and (snow) skiing.
These days, I'm happy to watch almost everything except baseball or basketball. 


What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator with me?
Say a little prayer?
Then again, we could sing off-key, really loud.  Perhaps our rescuers would hurry up, just to shut us up?


Worst thing to ever happen to you?
4 souls for whom I cared most passed away before I was prepared to say goodbye.


Tell me one weird fact about you.
In spite of the fact I crave order, I love - and will always choose - odd numbers over even.


What if I showed up at your house unexpectedly?
Unless it were an emergency ... I'd try to hide my annoyance and say something like, "Let me grab my purse and let's go get a cup of coffee."  (My house rarely looks like Martha Stewart lives there!)


If you could change one thing about how you look, what would it be?
Wrinkles be gone!!!


Would you be my crime partner or my conscience?
Your conscience.  Although "Going in Style" was a delight, I'm far too straight-laced. 


Ever been arrested?
Nope!


If you won $10,000 today, what would you do with it?
Book a Russian river cruise from St. Petersburg to Moscow: Waterways of the Tzars.
(I love cruising and ever since I saw Dr. Zhivago, I've wanted to visit Russia.)


Favorite thing to do in your spare time?
Reading (blogs, Facebook, thrillers)
..... and sleep!


Biggest pet peeve?
Insincerity


In one word, how would you describe yourself.
Insecure. 
(Not exactly flattering, but there you go.) 


Do you believe in/appreciate romance?
Always.
(Little things mean a lot!)


* * *

'Wishing you all a wonderful new week!
BTW, I'm having minor surgery on Tuesday and may be off the grid a few days, but will try to comment where I can.   Prayers and positive thoughts are really appreciated.

Hugs from Phoenix,
Myra


30 comments:

  1. Praying all goes well with surgery; loved your answers; lots in common; insecure is something I would describe myself with. We have the plastic wrap from hell (Costco) that hubby's parents had. They bought it multi pack and we are still trying to use it up. I give up at times and buy other stuff, but then resolved now to use it all the way up before buying anything else. It doesn't roll out well so we begin with a mess and then create a bigger mess.

    Take care of yourself!!!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Gimme good old aluminum foil any day. THX so much for the wishes. I'm more leery of the general anesthesia than anything else.

      Delete
  2. Your answers are always VERY entertaining. Love the Saran Wrap line. YOu tread where the saints have trod! ;-)
    Love BAldacci, you are great at choosing authors. The books you have recommended are still making their rounds amound friends and family here.
    I hope your day is great and no (unwanted & Unexpected) folks show up at your door.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, not so far! :) I think I want to get one of those RING doorbells that let you talk to whoever's at the door - even from your tablet at a coffee shop across town!

      Delete
  3. prayers for your surgery, reading is my most loved of all things I do, and Baldacci I have read everything he wrote and just did a second go round on Absolute Power. I have 2 of his on the hold list at the library to read again. good news is it has been years so I hardly remember what happens.
    all money goes straight in the savings... I would not be on an elevator so we can't get stuck.

    I used to drive an 18 wheeler..
    I would say fat and wrinkles be gone because my bad habit is FOOD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH, I've got to hear more some day about your 18-wheeler experience!!! One of my bucket-list items is to take a ride going lickedly-split down the freeway. In fact, I'd like to tailgate those testosterone-charged fellas in their Dodge Rams like they do my Camry... let 'em get a taste of their own medicine!

      Delete
  4. I also prefer odd numbers over even. What is with that?? 🤓
    Let's 🎶 in the elevator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always luv your answers - they make me smile and I can usually strongly identify with them.
    Ironically, just last night I was screaming at my roll of Saran Wrap. We had an ugly struggle - and the Wrap won....

    I used to be a huge baseball fan long ago, when the fame was "normal" I suddenly lost interest when they added all those new teams, like the Hawaiian Pineapples and the New Jersey Mosquitoes.

    Show up at my house unexpectedly and I won't answer the door.

    My very best wishes for a successful surgery. Positive thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean to say "GAME", not "FAME".

      All of the letters have worn off my computer keyboard and I keep making mistakes.....

      Delete
    2. New Jersey Mosquitoes ... I'm snickering! I just don't get the game - fat (usually), out of shape fellas standing around and scratching while the clock drags. Obviously, I was never a 10-year old boy with a glove ...

      Delete
  6. Prayers for your surgery on Tuesday! I'll be praying for success starting now. Very funny that we both wanted a horse ranch!! Kids and a man were not in the picture when I was day-dreaming about it back in my tween years. Losing my folks much too early was horrible, for sure. Good answer there. Martha Stewart doesn't live here at our house either. I figure if you are the kind of friend who shows up unexpectedly, then you know you have to take the dust and cat hair for granted. LOL Happy Sunday and wishing you a good week and those prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      You're right about 'those' kinds of friends who make me forget the state of my house. There's but a couple left behind!

      Delete
  7. I enjoy Baldacci books, too. Good luck with the surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have been on several Viking cruises and Waterway of the Tzars was our first...and still my favorite. I especially loved visiting Kizhi Island. I also love Balcacci books. Best wishes for your surgery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, lucky ducks! At this stage of my life, I think I'll have to be content as an armchair traveler. The imagination is a wonderful thing, no?!

      Delete
  9. These days I would rather not pick up strangers! Hope you get to visit Russia. I will be praying for your surgery. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, there's little chance I'd stop for a stranger, these days. Lots of misplaced brain cells, you know?
      Thank you for the prayers!

      Delete
  10. Love your answers. Prayers sent your way for surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Will be praying for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery ! Hope the week ahead is a good one for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Saying prayers for your surgery. Rest and get better!! I don't know that I would want to visit Russia, but I hope you get to one day. I no longer worry about my wrinkles. I have some. Mostly from smoking. Oh how I miss a good ciggy break!! I will remember to let you know in advance when I'm coming LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I'm not so anxious to travel abroad anymore. Who knows, but the reality might be disappointing.
      Glad to know I'm not the only one who still misses a good ciggy break!

      Delete
  13. I love wrapping presents! Enjoyed reading your answers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an art, for sure. How my mother tried to instill ... to no avail. LOL!

      Delete
  14. It's been a while since I did one of those questionnaires. I usually write everything in my blog so folks know most everything about me :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness, I am getting ready for bed and you are rolling me in the aisle here! LOL! Great stuff! I do not look good in orange jumpsuits and I hate matching silver bracelets that go click click so I could not be a criminal! I am also not fond of the white coats that tie in the back! I a very claustrophobia! Since my first neurosurgery, weird I know ...elevators are not my favorite place! I look for the smart aleck who is sucking my airspace and think about how to do away with them! HaHaHa! Actually I rode to the top of the empire State Bldg. so I suppose I can live with the right people surrounding me! Evevator wise anyway! When I was younger Jose Cuervo was a friend of mine! Today you might have to call an ambulance....not so much anymore! I drank half a cup of Blue moon beer with my girl Noelle at the baseball game yesterday! Lord, I had to sit and contemplate life for a moment! The old gal, and I am not a teen, you know, in front of me was drinking down hard liquor, I am guessing whiskey to where when she stood up to get more I was thinking, WHY? You are walking sideways and those ancient bones would easily break in the mass of steps and stairwells at a major league ball park. I tracked 6700 steps yesterday at the ballpark on my fitbit and shared 2 strawberry banana skewer with Noelle dipped in chocolate for a mere 98 calories each! I don't like lying! Anyway I better get my rest. The appraiser lady comesearly at 9:30 and nick and I still have things to shove and hide until she leaves. Hannah moved out, Nick moved back in, Martha Stewart I ain't! LOL! Have a terrific trip and send photos when you can! HUGS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by! Your words are like hugs from afar.... and who doesn't love a hug!