Saturday, April 8, 2017

Sunday Stealing!







If you could say anything you wanted to say to Donald Trump, what would you say?


"Thank you, Mr. President."   
(That's all.  Those who agree require nothing more.  You don't?  Well, nothing I might say is likely to change your mind.)



If you had to be the mother of Britney Spears or Lindsay Lohan, who would you choose -- and why?


Neither, thank you.  I'm not that familiar with either young lady, so it's not my place to think I could parent any better.



You get to be Queen for a Day.  The kids are all taken care of, and you can spend as much money as you want.  What do you do all day?

Sure, I can imagine lots of indulgent behaviors; but I'm already so blessed.
  
To tell you the truth, my enjoyment would be diminished if I couldn't share it with those I love, making memories.   Money's no object, you say?  OK!

I'd send a private jet to collect my son and family, two close friends, and all my blog pals (Yes, you too; I see you over there)  to come aboard a private yacht charter around Tampa Bay.  (To be fair, I stole this idea from a former co-worker who did just that to celebrate the occasion of his elopement.)  

Because I've never been one for mindless chit-chat, our vessel would boast cozy settings (both indoors and out on deck) for warm conversation.
... and, of course, a dizzying array of comfort food and drinks.  (Any special requests?)
    



Is there a song that brings tears to your eyes every time you hear it?  If so, which one.


Without fail, "The Way We Were"



A fairy taps you on the shoulder and tells you that you can either have a perfect face or a perfect body for the rest of your life.  Which do you choose?


I don't believe perfection exists -- on this plane, anyway.  But playing along, I'll say my body, because sickness, disease - even achy muscles - could not exist.



If you could live any place in the world and money was no object, where would you live, and why?


Vail, Colorado - one of  the most beautiful  places I've ever seen.   I adore the changing seasons - particularly Rocky Mountain winters where the snow audibly crunches underfoot.  The only drawback might be (our) having little-to-nothing in common with their privileged residents.  Then again, I'm way past the point of needing camaraderie from my neighbors.



What is your biggest regret in life?


Believing those who said my father would be OK ... and not seizing the opportunity to jump on a plane to Florida following his heart-attack.



If you could go back and visit one person in your life who is now dead, and ask one question, what would that question be and why would you ask it.


Uh-uh, too personal.  May I be excused?
(Well maybe, I'd ask JFK, "Who really pulled the trigger?")



If you had the chance to age forward (like we are now) or aging backwards (think Benjamin Buttons) which would you choose and why?


Definitely backwards.   Sure, I'd miss the benefit of modern medicine ... central air conditioning .... even, especially, the internet.    Generally speaking, I believe folks of my parents' and grandparents' generations behaved more respectably and in a kinder fashion to one another ... to law enforcement and our military.  Sad, what rage exists, even on our roadways.



What will the epitaph on your headstone say?


Some of you may recall what I shared on Facebook:  
I'd ditto what Charlie Mechem is credited as having said:  
"Dear God, Thanks for letting me visit.  I had a wonderful time." 


***

Yes, thanks for visiting!
If you're so inclined, I'd love to hear how you might answer some of these questions!

Hugs from Phoenix,
Myra

32 comments:

  1. Loved all your answers; these are fun so you can get to know someone better. I do like your answer about mothering Brittany Spears or Lindsay Lohan. Honestly, we do the best we can; we make mistakes, but we mother the ones God wants us to mother.

    I would enjoy your outing on the yacht. That would be a blast if it ever came to be! Though getting to the area might be a challenge since I'm not a flier.

    My biggest regret is similar to yours. It involves not seeing my mom before she passed. My sister told me what the doctor said on my mom's condition, but I didn't believe them. I didn't go and then it was too late.

    My headstone would say "She loved Jesus."

    Hope you have a great Sunday! We took the grands to the park today. I don't know whose more tired, them or me!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so true ... we mother the ones God wants us to mother.
      Don't care to fly? That's OK. Sandra (below) has suggested an excursion via railcar that sounds exciting, as well. Ah, to dream!

      Delete
  2. love the answers. interesting questions. i'm with you on the yacht. and i like the epitaph. mine is the writer within laid down her pen, finally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy reading your answers to these things.
    I, too, would thank President Trump.
    I don't like Britney Spears or Lindsay Lohan, and I'd make a rotten mother (*smile*).
    I lived in West Hollywood - - where everyone is queen for a day (if you ponder that long enough it might get funny).
    I have no idea where I'd want to live permanently of I was wealthy. Undoubtedly high in the mountains somewhere (maybe the Alps??).
    I have more regrets than I care to remember.
    I'd choose to have a perfect face - - but what's a perfect face without a perfect body?
    My Epitaph (drum roll inserted here):

    GREETINGS FROM HELL!
    WISH YOU WERE HERE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean to say "IF I was wealthy", not "OF I was wealthy".

      Delete
    2. I didn't even have to ponder that 'Queen for a Day' ... chuckling! In fact, I'm old enough to remember that TV show by the same name.
      Nope, not buying that epitaph. You're too sweet.

      Delete
  4. I agree! No convincing needed. ;)
    That would be a great question to ask JFK.
    I like your epitaph.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would pick the nice body and use the queen for a day money to fix the face. LOL.. in your wish, could we please take a train trips of the wild west? I don't do boats.
    love that last quote. and I to would go backwards.. I am addicted to wireless contraptions and wifi but would gladly give them up if everyone did. they may be the best and worst things ever to be invented. I don't want to give up AC or Electric though.
    I would say to Trump, get out of Florida and back to the white house where you belong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A wild west train excursion sounds like such fun! My mother and I used to take the train from N.M to Minnesota and Chicago ... for a little kid that was the BEST.

      LOL-ing at your advice to the Donald!

      Delete
  6. There is really a wide range of topics there today but the one where you answered about wanting friends and family along is one I totally agree with. What fun is doing anything alone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true and the wide range of topics. I often wonder how the author(s) ever come up with these questions; or, if they're the result of folks sitting around channeling their inner Barbara Walters?

      Delete
  7. On some of them, I answered before I read yours and saw the same! The yacht - wow! Loved reading this, so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes me glad to hear you played along, Mary. Hope you'll join the meme sometime, too!

      Delete
  8. Shucks, and I thought I was the only lone who loved your answers. You really do a great job. And like the others, GREAT ANSWER on mothering.

    Strange isn't it about regrets of deaths? My family was in the cr driving within a half mile of his mother and as a 6 year old I remember distinctly dad saying, "I should stop and see mama, but we need to get home. Our phone was ringing when we got home, his mother was dying.

    Then later at his death, I was in an airliner that was circling the airport and could not land because of weather when he died.
    Strange how similar humans really are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both of your memories are just heartbreaking. But what would we be, were we unable to feel?

      Delete
  9. Wise answers...I enjoyed getting a glimpse inside your head. lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved this!! What would I say to Donald: Have you thanked the Russians for your presidency?? (Sorry, I know we do not share the same beliefs and that is okay) Loved the Streisand song. Richard was one of her greatest fans! We played The Way We Were at his memorial service as we showed pictures of him growing up. Makes me cry every single time I hear it!! (I'm listening right now and sobbing like a toddler) I would love to join you on the yacht. I don't like to fly and I'm not sure about a boat that small but I would pop some Dramamine and jump aboard! Please serve some lobster!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Atta girl ... jump!
      I'm not a fan of Streisand by any means, but that song defines the word, amazing.

      Delete
  11. I enjoyed reading all your answers -its a fun way to learn more about somebody.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it fun? These memes remind me a bit of high school 'slam' books.

      Delete
  12. Great questions and answers! I haven't stopped to really think about any of them, but I CAN tell you I knew immediately which song to comment on....Let There Be Peace On Earth. We used to sing that in church once in a while years ago, and I never could sing along because I'd be in tears! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the conclusion of our church services in Clearwater, as well! (Unity.) Great memories you've evoked!

      Delete
  13. And P.S. I always cry at the end of The Way We Were.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One more P.S. (sorry!) Here's an absolutely beautiful version.....https://youtu.be/x-djRRFxOMk
      Turn your volume way up! (I had to)

      Delete
    2. Oh.My.Gosh ... that's wonderful and stunning. Thank you for pointing the way!

      Delete
  15. Happy Easter! always love to stop by and visit and hear what you have to say. You had some great answers here and thank you for sharing. Hope all is well in your corner of the world. HUGS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by! Your words are like hugs from afar.... and who doesn't love a hug!