Saturday, August 12, 2017

On a lighter note .... it's Saturday 9!




Good morning!
I ask, what's not to love about a meme that says, "We don't have any rules ... we hate rules."!   Let's hear it for Saturday 9's Crazy Sam Winters and the Rolling Stones!




Unfamiliar with "Start Me Up"?  Hear it here!

* * *



That's a goat wearing a high heel.  What's on your feet as you answer these questions?

Oh, poor thing!  Me, I'm all about bare feet.


More fashion:  In the video for this song, Mick is wearing white pants with an elastic waistband.  Are you wearing a belt as you answer these questions?

No. Why?


In this song, Mick pleads, "Don't make a grown man cry."  When is the last time you shed a tear?

I don't often weep over major heartbreak  ... almost like my grief's too deep for tears.   
On the other hand, I easily lose it over a random contestant's story of overcoming, or a soldier's homecoming.  Don't even get me started on big screen finales!    




Keith Richards (swoon!) has said this is a song he could play "forever and ever."  What in your life doesn't get old, no matter how often you do it?

Almost every weekday for the last 5-6 years I enjoy a lunch of 'loose meat' (80/20 ground chuck).   Lately, I've even been  late-night snitching spoons-full cold, right from the fridge.


While the Rolling Stones enjoy performing songs like this one, from Tattoo You, Mick Jagger has dismissed the songs from their 1967 album Their Satanic Majesties Request as 'rubbish.'  Do you have a favorite Rolling Stones song?

It's a toss-up between "Paint It Black" and "Satisfaction."  
(Personal aside) -- A while back I grew SO annoyed when a Voice contestant sang "Satisfaction" more like one would a ballad.  Aargh!  "Where's the frustration!... the angst!"  
DH always gets amused at my upset if someone takes a Big Song and puts his/her own spin on it.  (I know.  I need to get a life.)


This recording of "Start Me Up" features a cowbell.  Do you remember which Saturday Night Live host made "More cowbell!" a catch phrase?

No.  I don't recall ever having watched SNL.  'Not particularly fond of their sort of humor.


Bassist Bill Wyman once said he thought he should have been an archivist because he loved to make lists.  Do you have a to-do list?

I'm a chronic list-maker!   In fact, Paula has piqued my interest in something called a Bullet Journal.  Are any of you doing Bullet Journals?


Mick finds it hard to stand still when he sings, not only on stage but also in the studio.  The engineer for this song reports that Mick would have to run across the room to get back to the microphone for his vocal.  Are you more fidgety, or still?

More like sedentary! :)


Random question:  Do you believe men are inherently more sensible than women?

No.  But I understand where society once shaped those expectations, those presumptions.


* * *

Have a grand Saturday, friends!

Hugs from Phoenix,
Myra










30 comments:

  1. I like your answer to the last question. I think society did once push that notion on us, and perhaps those who answer "yes" were heavily influenced by that old-school presumptions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, we gals have come a long way from the Lucy & Ethyl stereotypes!

      Delete
  2. I believe Women are much more sensible than men and always have been, I say this because every single man that has been in my life has proved it.
    I rarely wear shoes, I wear them when I go out and that is it.
    I did not even know I knew any Rolling Stones songs until the voice person sang Satifaction and I recognized it. I grabbed the tablet and listened to a few and realized I knew them even though I have never knowingly listened to Rolling Stones
    I don't own a belt and have not since 1969. what never gets old to me is anything techie related, I do the same tings over and over and never tire of it. last but not least, I don't cry from grief but I do cry if a dog dies in a movie or a book, I cried all the way through the book Lassie come home, caused by sensible dad to threaten to whip me if I cried about a book. I cried all the way through The other side of the mountain many years ago and told my friend I refused to go to the theater and make a fool of myself crying at a movie.
    I cry when I read a blog and the person has lost a pet, I think you get the gist of it now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your first sentence is my life, Sandra. I love my daddy, but omg sometimes he needed a swift kick...and so on from there throughout my life.

      Delete
    2. OMG ... The Other Side of the Mountain is among my short list of favorite films. Regardless how many times I've watched it, I'm reduced to ugly tears.

      When we go to the theater, DH has resigned himself to waiting while everyone leaves until I've composed myself. LOL!

      Delete
  3. I'm a big cry-er too, though improving over time. Every movie I go to makes me cry at some point....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if it's not the ginormous theater screen and powerful surround sound that exacerbates our emotions?

      Delete
  4. I'm sort of like that with crying. I have kind of a "never let them see you cry" attitude so I rarely cry publicly (or privately for that matter) over personal stuff. You might cut me to the quick, but I won't show it. It's all those sappy videos on Facebook that sneak up on me and get me all teary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! I was waiting on DH in the repair shop the other day and started bawling over a FB clip about the fellow who rescued nearly 700 Jewish children in WWII.

      Delete
  5. I'm not doing Bullet Journals. I don't even write lists. Lists make me feel like a failure even when I know that I'm to darn sick or crooked to get anything done from them. lol
    I agree about "Satisfaction". It is NO ballad!

    I'm so glad I don't do Facebook. I don't need to be sniffling anymore than the allergies cause.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I think I get it from my uber-disciplined father. My lists often carry with them the 'c/f' notation. (I'm all about carry-forwards.)

      Delete
  6. I'm not a list maker and haven't heard of bullet journals. I agree that woman are more sensible than men (generally speaking). Enjoyed your answers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Terri! I hope you're enjoying a wonderful day!

      Delete
  7. i too hate popular songs that a singer puts their own spin on. like you it just irks me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeay ... a sympathizer!
      TY, m'friend. :)

      Delete
  8. I like the song but chuckled at the expressions. Me thinks they took too many vitamins that day. Speaking of songs, I read your comment on my anniversary post and told my Tom you would ask your Tom what the love song is. My Tom immediately piped up "I know what Tom will say! Pretty Woman."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vitamins ... or 'something.' LOL.

      Aw, your Tom has quite the silver-tongue; please give him a big old hug from me!

      Delete
  9. I am a dead head, I do not know a thing by the Rolling Stones. I have however heard the name! LOL
    I always enjoy your retorts no matter what. I'm older and have on socks lol and Yes I must wear a belt.
    Don't know what a bullet journal is, but Imma check!

    Love from where the internet is IMPOSSIBLE to really enjoy. Slower than cream rising on buttermilk, my mama would say!
    Love to you and Brother Tom
    visits here are ALWAYS a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LIKE your mama's saying!
      Naw, I don't think you're a dead head. We've had to quit watching award shows on account we've don't recognize 90% of the entertainers!

      Delete
  10. I just cry at the drop of a hat. Anything, major grief, Hallmark cards, seeing a report on the news of parents dropping their kids off to college, and I'm blubbering away.

    You are a protein junkie with the meat :) My kind of person!

    I haven't done a bullet journal, but I do a list for shopping :) Otherwise I'd be at the store hourly for items forgotten.

    Lots of thunder and lightening our way tonight!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... and that's what makes you so loveable! :)

      Ya, last night's thunder and lightening show settled in overhead for so long, I wanted to seek shelter under the bed!

      Delete
  11. I can cry when I'm happy and when I'm sad and in between. No holding it in for me. I've been accused of wearing my heart on my sleeve and it's true. My emotions show right through. Nice to put a fun spin on things...laughter is the best medicine for sure! Hope your weekend is a wonderful one !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be that way, too; my mother always could take one look at my face!
      All the same, I suspect you'll never suffer an ulcer. :)

      Thanks for visiting, Ma!

      Delete
  12. Looks like I'm the caboose on this long train of comments.

    As for the Stones - it really makes me feel old when I realize that Mick Jagger is now 74 (and looks about 520).
    My favorite Stone song is "Angie", which brings back many good memories of Hollywood.

    You might not recognize my new profile photo. I've decided to become King Ludwig of Bavaria. It's a delightful change from myself.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your Majesty, it's great to see you!!!

      How sobering to realize Mick's 74 y/o! I didn't have his energy when I was 7!

      Delete
  13. You know me...a list maker to the max! I am loving my bullet journal. You can make it as fun and creative as you want. Or just plain and simple. I like bare feet best and Crocs second. I told Harley just yesterday that I will never, ever put my feet into an uncomfortable shoe again. Just for the sake of fashion. Not me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, I've decided to stick w/ my index cards for the immediate future. Pretty sure trying to become 'creative' at this stage would only add more stress to my plate. LOL!

      Delete
  14. I will cry over a Hallmark commercial and I am normally not a very emotional person. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for dropping by! Your words are like hugs from afar.... and who doesn't love a hug!